main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Bad Batch The Bad Batch 1.16 - Kamino Lost (Season Finale!!) - Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Aug 12, 2021.

?

Grade the Episode

Poll closed Aug 27, 2021.
  1. 10

10.6%
  2. 9

31.8%
  3. 8

16.7%
  4. 7

18.2%
  5. 6

16.7%
  6. 5

1.5%
  7. 4

3.0%
  8. 3

1.5%
  9. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. DarthRamRod

DarthRamRod Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 1, 2018
    In the comics she appears to be mid to late 20s after ESB.

TadoFett likes this.
  2. jasman

jasman Administrator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 29, 1998
    Did somebody forget that there's already a droid on board the Marauder? Don't dis the Gonk!

3. FiveFireRings

FiveFireRings Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2017
    Yeah, we get a real twist on the R2/3PO dynamic now.

beetzello, TadoFett, MrDarth0 and 3 others like this.
  4. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid Force Ghost star 6

Mar 13, 2014
    I’m going to miss having a new Bad Batch this Friday. 16 continuous weeks of new animated Star Wars was a lot of fun. This May the 4th gift stretched out all summer long.

5. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
  6. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    The next day they reached the landing platform. Damn, they spent a whole day paddling?

7. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 15, 2010
    Welp

Last edited: Aug 16, 2021
  8. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    I really like the idea of Nala Se reprogramming AZI to have him protect Omega. She may have ulterior motive for doing that but I like to think a part of her genuinely cares about Omega.

9. silentfault

silentfault Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 5, 2021
    inb4 they whitewash Nala Se only because she cares about omega
    it seems all of her sins were completely forgotten/ignored in this show
    tbh she deserved to be unceremoniously shot instead of Taun We, who did nothing explicitly evil on-screen, and making her omega's kaminoan mommy wouldn't have changed a thing
    at least Nala Se deserved to be shot

10. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Didn’t need another monster attack, but this (combined with the first half of the finale, which was phenomenal) was an excellent half hour of Star Wars. I liked this season of the Bad Batch a lot.
    But they did save themselves. Grogu, assisted by Mando, summoned Luke. He didn’t just appear on his own.
    It was only half the finale.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2021
    TCF-1138 and TadoFett like this.
  11. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Not to mention that the scene is about much more than Luke showing up to rescue everyone. It’s the emotional payoff of two seasons worth of buildup between Mando and Grogu. Mando has finally accomplished his mission and gotten Grogu to safety. It’s a masterpiece of an ending.

themoth, TCF-1138 , TadoFett and 4 others like this.
  12. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    It's actually pretty touching to think someone as cold as Nala Se, looking at you Order 66 arc, could have motherly instincts toward Omega. She likely has a motive that will outway that though. I think there is a decent possibility the Bad Batch themselves with their superhero enhancements and special operative training were themselves were created to be Omega's protectors. Nala Se even fostered Omega's infatuation for them and they are just as drawn to her. Like Sailor Guardians grown in a tube for the princess.

TadoFett likes this.
  13. GunganSlayer

GunganSlayer Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2013
    Ok folks, what's our over/under on Jorus and ol' Luuke appearing in new media at some point?

TadoFett likes this.
  14. DarthRamRod

DarthRamRod Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 1, 2018
    I hope not. I loved the Thrawn trilogy back in the day but some of it had a shelf life.

beetzello and VexedAtVohai like this.
  15. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    Well Palpatine has Luke's hand, so?

16. DannyD

DannyD Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2017
    I'm guessing that the search by the Empire is for remaining force-sensitive types so Palpatine can live forever.

Palpatine obviously could provide his own DNA - so not sure what the workaround would be for that (unless they do use his own but the force-lightning in ROTS or his general bad-to-the-bone-ness affects the ability to be successfully cloned until TROS time).

In any case, somebody has to practice the body-hopping for Palpatine so my guess is it could be Jorus.

A living Luuke? I don't think so (and hope not) but a stasis Luuke could be the body Jorus and Palpatine are hopping in to. That would be weird Sith science.

Does Palpatine have Luke's DNA? Could Grogu, Jorus or other Jedi be alternative DNA suppliers?

Craziness, I know. :)

Last edited: Aug 18, 2021
  17. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Could a Zillobeast Clone be a supplier?

18. DannyD

DannyD Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2017
    Absolutely. Why not!

19. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    There is something really cool though about the idea of there being yet another "Children of the Force" type episode and these guys who are not sensative to it with a very layman's understanding have to figure it out.

InterestingLurker and DannyD like this.
  20. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    Just realized something:

Crosshair looks like Jax from ELEX (yo, shout-out to my fellow Gothic fans!)

...Wonder if anyone will even get the reference I made without looking about Jax, ELEX, or Gothic.

:p

Clone rebels riding on mecha-zillos.

I like it.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2021
    Seerow likes this.
  21. Maythe14thBeWithYou

Maythe14thBeWithYou Jedi Master star 4

May 26, 2014
    I gave this a 9/10.

It was a good way to end season 1. It might not have been as action packed and have a cliffhanger as the previous episode but it still gave you enough you wanted to come back for more. While not a whole lot happens besides them trying to escape there were good character moments.

During the season I didn't think they'd all survive since there were close calls and I didn't know if it'd have more seasons. I thought Hunter was a goner a few times. The VERY end was telling though when the Empire brings Nala Se back with them. I have a feeling her help is what was behind the cloning in both The Mandalorian and TROS.

TadoFett likes this.
  22. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Gonky is best droid