main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Bad Batch The Bad Batch 2.01 - Spoils of War - Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Jan 3, 2023.

?

Grade the Episode

Poll closed Jan 18, 2023.
  1. 10

5.1%
  2. 9

11.9%
  3. 8

20.3%
  4. 7

35.6%
  5. 6

16.9%
  6. 5

5.1%
  7. 4

1.7%
  8. 3

3.4%
  9. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Watcherwithin

Watcherwithin Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2017
    The Bad Batch feels like old Star Wars. The recent live action tv apart from Andor has felt really weird and like it was made by people with a totally different interpretation of Star Wars from the one fans of my generation have

Last edited: Jan 5, 2023
  2. clone commander bossk

clone commander bossk Ostrich Velocity Expert star 5

Nov 5, 2019
    Andor felt like a star wars novel.

3. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    I loved the episode I loved last season I have a feeling I will likebthid season as well! My only gripe, it seemed end of last season the Empire was decomisoning clone troopers and putting them in concentration camps I hope they don't abandon that storyline and to be clear concentration camps aren't just places where people go and are tortured and killed it's just a concentration of one type of person race or religion or Clone Trooper or Immigrant from Mexico all in one camp together kind of like the Japanese internment camps during WWII so it can be done in a family show!

InterestingLurker likes this.
  4. Watcherwithin

Watcherwithin Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2017
    Exactly. Andor felt familiar to me, it could have been a James Luceno novel. On the other hand Kenobi felt like it was written by somebody who’s only seen the movies once and never read the EU. And knowing that it’s the only Star Wars project written by Joby Harold I think I don’t like it because it feels inauthentic to the existing universe

5. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    Just watched both episodes. I'll talk about the first here, which I gave a 7/10. I'm sure I've mentioned before how I miss the episode recaps from TCW; but it is what it is. This episode didn't seem to follow anything specific from a cliffhanger of last season, so maybe it's just not needed. Interesting going to Dooku's former lair. That was the same place where we saw what happened to
    Yaddle,
    wasn't it? Overall I thought the episode was fine with action; the story itself didn't really leave much to talk about though and it's not something I'd care to rewatch if I didn't have to.

6. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    No that was just where Palpatine and Dooku had secret meetings in the Corucantworks districts. Last we saw his palace was probably in Season 5 of TCW.

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  7. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    Slow start to the season and we're coming back to a TCW location which did not get a happy ending either. I thought Cid and the Bad Batch's conflict with Cid (minus Echo) were mostly solved in the first season. Having Echo being Omega's teacher was a good choice. Can't always have her only interacting with Hunter or Wrecker.

Fredrik Vallestrand likes this.
  8. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I still need to watch avatar 2

9. Blobofat

Blobofat Chosen One star 8

Dec 15, 2000
    Treadmill fodder. Apart from the final couple of episodes, I thought the first season was poor and this does nothing to pull me in. The central characters don't interest me, so I'll probably leave it here.

Lord-Skywalker and Sarge like this.
  10. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    You really don't. Just watch the first one in the bath.

11. Darkside Floyd

Darkside Floyd Jedi Master star 2

Sep 3, 2008
    7/10

Good opening episode, it's just great having the Batch back in action finally.

Yeah the basic 'mission of the week' formula may get repetitive but I always enjoy seeing how that mission goes south ('cause you know it will) and how the squad adapts to it. Here, the added motivation of this possibly being the biggest haul so far, pull this off and you all can finally be free is interesting & fun (along with the theme of giving Omega a 'normal' life).

Still love that the guys use the stun setting, refuse to harm/kill their clone brothers.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2023
  12. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    A good, money-saving idea. Another option is to play the first Avatar and place a fish tank in front of the screen.

InterestingLurker and Sarge like this.
  13. Siphonophore

Siphonophore Chosen One star 4

Nov 13, 2003
    Just be water, my friends.

14. Lord-Skywalker

Lord-Skywalker Hangman Host/18X Wacky Wed Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner VIP - Game Host

Jul 8, 2002
    “Never take you eyes off the Bad Batch, even when you bow.”

15. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    In a good way, I should add.

16. Billy_Dee_Binks

Billy_Dee_Binks Force Ghost star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    Going back to Dooku's estate was such a great idea! Loved it. For a while I thought the local might be revealed as a relative of Dooku.

17. InterestingLurker

Jun 15, 2011
    I thought so too!

He did have that look to him.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2023
    Billy_Dee_Binks likes this.
  18. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Also I loved the crab creatures. And the design of the beach with the roots of the trees sticking out of the ground was really cool looking.

19. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Mangrove-like.

20. Cad_Bane's_Hat

Cad_Bane's_Hat Jedi Padawan star 1

Sep 5, 2022
    Definitely nice to see more of Serenno as well, I always thought it was a pretty cool planet.

21. Maythe14thBeWithYou

Maythe14thBeWithYou Jedi Master star 4

May 26, 2014
    I gave it a 9/10.

I'm glad to see all the characters back and be reminded how fun they are. I did like the premise getting Dooku's War Chest. It's a very cool intro into the season and maybe hints at what we'll see, TCW callbacks. The heist was the big thing, last season had a similar groundwork so we'll see if it changes.

22. InterestingLurker

Jun 15, 2011
    That's the one!

Anyone else here read James Luceno's Darth Plagueis novel?

Peak of the "old EU" for me. One of the crowning novels of the "old EU" era of Star Wars novels in general.