main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Bad Batch The Bad Batch 2.06 - Tribe - Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Jan 31, 2023.

?

Grade the Episode

Poll closed Feb 8, 2023.
  1. 10

10.0%
  2. 9

18.3%
  3. 8

33.3%
  4. 7

23.3%
  5. 6

6.7%
  6. 5

5.0%
  7. 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1

3.3%
  1. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Episode 2.06!!
    Tribe

-------------------------------------

Discussion of New Episodes - Rules
    (1) One of the mods will post each week's episode thread a day or two before it airs on Disney+.

(2) Official episode commentary may be posted in this episode thread.

(3) Discussion in the actual episode thread will be limited to that specific episode, NOT future episodes; past episodes may be referenced. Speculation based on released material is permitted.

(4) The Bad Batch episodes air on Wednesday on Disney+. Anyone who shares plot details about an episode before then must use spoiler tags. After that folks will begin discussing their reviews and thoughts without tags which will likely include spoilers. To anyone concerned about being spoiled before watching the episode it is your responsibility to avoid the thread until you have had your chance to view.

(5) All leaks and rumors must be spoiler tagged until they are either proven or disproven.

(6) Reviews for each episode may be posted once they have aired. One of the mods will add a grading poll to that episode's discussion thread.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 1, 2023
    whostheBossk likes this.
  2. StoneRiver

StoneRiver Force Ghost star 4

Oct 6, 2004
    Been looking forward to an Ewok-centric episode.

LedReader, TadoFett, Sarge and 2 others like this.
  3. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Who is supposed to be coordinating these stories? It totally undercut the Tusken sub-plot in BoBF!

Bor Mullet and Fin McCool like this.
  4. Foreign32567

Foreign32567 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 4, 2021
    Nice to hear Trandoshans once again making Velociraptor noises.

5. TheCloneWarsForever

TheCloneWarsForever Force Ghost star 7

Apr 24, 2018
    Best side quest of the season so far.

(The kid seems to have grown quite fast for a 200 year old species.)

6. Dangerous Profession

Dangerous Profession Jedi Padawan

Jun 21, 2021
    Gungi MVP

Now that’s a side mission I like

Kasshyk is always a good visit
    Wookies vs Trandoshans you can’t go wrong

7. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    Correction 400 year old species. But yeah Gungi was good to see. An has been surviving on gis own for over a year.

8. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 15, 2010
    Yep this was the Gungi episode. They made some vague references to the undeveloped Kashyyyk arc from the Clone Wars that the Bad Batch would have been in. Including those riding animals the Wookiees used.

I think something happened between script and screen, because Hunter referred to those flame tanks as imperial, but those were clearly separatist tanks. He also said they left tread marks, but uh they hover. Unless he meant the imprint the repulsors left on the ground.

9. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
  10. Sproj

Sproj Jedi Master star 4

Mar 18, 2019
    As said above, still a side quest but a really, really, really fun one. Given Kashyyyk is at war for the next couple of decades and no mention of Gungi, you'd have to think his demise is inevitable but nice to see he has survived this far.

11. Generational Fan

Generational Fan Jedi Master star 4

Oct 21, 2015
    Really liked this latest episode. Loved that "cinematic-looking" opening in space. And really great to see something (organisation, location, etc) run just by droids again. It's really important to reinforce the diversity between humanoids, aliens and droids.

TBB were typical of their respective characterisations, but I was okay with it because I wasn't really expecting much growth from them. Hunter is still that reluctant leader/warrior in not wanting to be part of anything that takes on the Empire. It's hard to see at this stage (other than Cid turning them in) where the next step for this group is other than running missions of the week.

Awesome to see Kashyyyk again and some of its large native fauna. And it was great to see the interactions of this Wookie tribe and how in tune the Wookies are with their planet. The Trandoshans were abit lame in their abilities as warriors outside the tanks, but the brief skirmish was interesting enough.

Whilst Omega has a really kind and caring heart, it's also something that poses a big risk to the safety of TBB. Week in, week out with every mission, Omega does something that puts TBB right in the thick of danger. A definite safety liability to the team, but there are also times where she does really well too. Probably a great combination with Hunter's reluctance and Omega's enthusiasm, but it doesn't come without risk.

Right now, IMO, one of the biggest questions in Star Wars is how do TBB earn enough credits to survive and drink at Cid's bar. Every week, in one form or another, they appear to blow their mission in either not retrieving the goods - or not receiving payment before the action starts.

Maybe this is why Cid ends up turning them in for the reward; they blow all of their missions.

But I enjoyed the episode very much.

12. Foreign32567

Jun 4, 2021
    Wonder if Axis is a part of Gotra.

13. Generational Fan

Generational Fan Jedi Master star 4

Oct 21, 2015
    If they are, maybe Gotra also puts a bounty out on TBB too - giving Cid even more temptation to seek the credits for TBB.

clone commander bossk likes this.
  14. Vinylshadow

Vinylshadow Jedi Master star 3

Sep 3, 2017
  15. Lord-Skywalker

Lord-Skywalker Hangman Host/18X Wacky Wed Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner VIP - Game Host

Jul 8, 2002
    You never know, we may get to see Gungi and Grogu in a ST movie down the road. :D

16. Foreign32567

Jun 4, 2021
    Considering that TBB are technically her underlings, droids will more likely want her head too.

17. Etav Byx

Etav Byx Jedi Grand Master star 1

Jul 28, 1998
    After two, IMO, "meh" episodes this is more like it. Probably due to the closer connection to the PT (i.e. follow up on the state of Kashyyyk and Gungi). Good ep. Oh, and that Trando leader was one bad dude -- that wasn't Bantha fur on his shoulder!

18. TheYodaPagoda

TheYodaPagoda Force Ghost star 4

Apr 23, 2002
    All this week, I kept thinking "we haven't seen Gungi yet from the trailer," and lo and behold, here he is! I thought it was adorable, given his upbringing with the Jedi, that he looked to the other Wookiees as they did things. Like he's learning to be a Wookiee properly?
    They could've easily thrown a bunch of Holiday Special Easter Eggs into this, but they didn't.
    Well, I was entertained, love me some Wookiees!

19. clone commander bossk

clone commander bossk Ostrich Velocity Expert star 5

Nov 5, 2019
    I think the Vanguard Axis might have connections to the droid gotra, I got a similar vibe from them.
    When I saw those webs I thought we were going to see wyyyshoks, but it's cool that they were the kinrath were from KOTOR. (I'm still on Tatooine in that game, so I think Kashyyyk's my next stop.)
    I think the the imperial clones are having trouble working with trandoshans, especially since they were on opposing sides in the war.
    I wouldn't be surprised if the empire returns for Gungi, maybe with an Inquisitor.

Fantastic episode!

20. DLCV

DLCV Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 14, 2020
    Really good episode, it's fun and dramatic in the right way.

The interesting is
    Chewbacca is not there, i think that between ROS and this episode at least 2 years have passed

clone commander bossk likes this.
  21. clone commander bossk

Nov 5, 2019
    Kashyyyk's a big place, he could just be in another village.

22. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Do we think black wokkie is Tarful

cwustudent likes this.
  23. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    Why did they call the AATs Imperial Tanks?

24. clone commander bossk

Nov 5, 2019
    My thoughts are that they were originally going to be imperial, but they decided to reuse assets and forgot to change the script.

SeparatistFan and Sarge like this.
  25. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018

Love old Yanna, she might be from before The High Republic era, being 400 years old.