main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Bad Batch The Bad Batch 2.07 - The Clone Conspiracy - Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Feb 7, 2023.

?

Grade the Episode

Poll closed Feb 15, 2023.
  1. 10

55.4%
  2. 9

23.2%
  3. 8

12.5%
  4. 7

7.1%
  5. 6

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. 5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1

1.8%
  1. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Just like BoBF, this show is best without its titular characters.

2. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    It felt so good to see Empire era Coruscant again and familiar locations from TCW and focusing more on the political aspect of Star Wars. This is also the second episode this season where there is not a single Bad Batch scene though this didn't bother me because we're actually seeing the aftermath of what happened on Kamino from other character's perspectives and the clones future under the Empire is still a central theme of the series.

3. SeparatistFan

SeparatistFan Jedi Master star 3

Oct 19, 2012
    According to Wookiepedia the Ishi Tib is a new named character. I did wonder if it was Gume Saam though, but then thought it would be weird him representing the Banking Clan when he used to represent the Techno Union.

4. Chris_Fives

Chris_Fives Jedi Master star 3

Apr 16, 2015
    Finally! This is what I was hoping for from this series! Very solid episode!!!

Darth Caliban and Bor Mullet like this.
  5. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    My favorite part was when the music swelled to epic levels as the clones stood up... to accept a pension plan.

6. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Never underestimate the epic importance of social security.

7. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    It was like a Sousa march, building and building as one by one the clones all stood and finally asked, "What sort of benefit plan are you offering Senator?"

It was incredible.

8. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Grading poll is live.
    Have you watched "The Clone Conspiracy" yet? Did you like it? Did you hate it? Did you not give a **** at all? Let us know.
    Click your grade and if you want, be a critic and let us know why!
    Note: This poll will close one week from now.​

9. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    A very well done and gripping episode; I gave it a 9/10.

So this was another episode where the CF '99 gang, including Crosshair this time, were absent. I couldn't have been the only one who had assumed that Crosshair was the assassin; but I guess that would've just been too obvious. It was cool seeing Chuchi again. From what I understand, she hasn't been seen (at least in any of these shows) since Ahsoka's trial. I know it was a little selfish, but part of me was hoping Ahsoka would emerge from somewhere to protect Chuchi from the assassin, but of course Rex would've been the next best thing at this point. The entire theme of these two new episodes revolves around what happened on Kamino; it'd almost been forgotten about as Omega and CF '99 ran around on trivial assignments for Cid.

10. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    I figured it wasn't him since he tends not to miss.

LedReader, Slater, Fin McCool and 2 others like this.
  11. SeparatistFan

SeparatistFan Jedi Master star 3

Oct 19, 2012
    What did everyone make of the Banking Clan and Commerce Guild still having seats in the Senate?

12. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Fair point. But then again, why would the Admiral have hired that other clone to be an assassin if he could've just asked Crosshair?

13. Force Nexus

Force Nexus Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 22, 2022
    Because Rampart doesn't trust Crosshair.

14. Christopher Blair

Christopher Blair Jedi Master star 4

Dec 23, 2015
    I gave this episode a 10 out of 10. Just perfect to me

Chris_Fives likes this.
  15. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    But he trusts a clone with bad aim to be an assassin.

16. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Both these episodes were great

17. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    So, is Chi Eekway still a senator?
    Maybe the Junior senator of Pantora?
    Her absence from these episodes was for more notable than in TCW since she appears in the supposedly canon Formation of the Rebellion deleted scenes from ROTS as a Senator so we can't just say she was appointed later now, cause her first canon appearance was in the past by this point.

18. Lord-Skywalker

Lord-Skywalker Hangman Host/ 18X Wacky Wed Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner VIP - Game Host

Jul 8, 2002
    The animation quality is outstanding.

19. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    This was a perfect episode for me, give it a 10-10. Love seeing Corucant and senate chambers again with Ryio Chuchi and Bail Organa. Clones beginning to Rebel.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2023
    clone commander bossk likes this.
  20. Siphonophore

Siphonophore Chosen One star 4

Nov 13, 2003
    Perhaps it's more comfortable than standing.

cwustudent, Slater, KamNale and 6 others like this.
  21. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Welcome to The Bad Batch's answer to The Clone Wars deception arc. And we are only in season 2. 10!

It was great to see Riyo Chuchi again. I've always loved her big expressive golden eyes. They were more soul-piercing than even with all the improvements to facial animation since we last saw her all the way back in Season 3 of TCW. Before we even got the animation bump that included the introduction of Ahsoka's second model. It was great to see Bail in action as well.

The story picked up in this arc has been in motion since The Clone Wars, Umbaran arc in season 4. Remember the firing squad scene in "Carnage of Krell"? Five's speech about how no man should have to go out this way? Loyal soldiers, who must be trusted to make the right decision? And Rex's warning that if this is how men are rewarded someday everyone in the battalion may face the same fate. Such a brilliant scene. So many years later here in The Bad Batch is the payout of that scene.

Yeah, I thought that happened back in season 6 when Fives was shot through the heart by Commander Fox. I mean it all started going down in the same bar where Fives pleaded to Jesse to call Rex to meet him. Guess what? But Cade (?) and Slip were both heroic men just like Fives trying to do the right thing when they were apparently executed by a fellow Clone. It isn't wrong that Slip is human and just didn't want to die so he wanted out. And he was a witness. Now it is happening to every man (or Clone). Far as we knew the Sniper wasn't even a special Clone like Crosshair who probably wouldn't have missed Riyo if Rampart had half a brain to send him. Like Dogma, or even like Rex and Cody when they detained Slick. The Clone Sniper is a believer in trying to do the right thing.

It also touches on the final scene in Carnage where Fives and Rex discuss what happens when the war ends. With Tup and Jesse looking on. Poor Rex is still watching his brothers die pointlessly. Without of doubt, the best scene was Rex's low-key Big Damn Heroes intro coming out of the smoke to rescue Riyo Chuchi. I felt for him, as stoic as he was trying to be and restrained as he was when questioning the Sniper. Rex was pissed. I think that played into what happens in the next episode. He does have other contacts he could probably have called contrary to what he said. But Rex decided to call in someone who could not only extract what they needed but slap back hard enough to cause some damage.

And where was Crosshair? My guess is he was probably reassigned because Rampart is a dumbass. To be continued...

Last edited: Feb 8, 2023
    Sproj and Fredrik Vallestrand like this.
  22. Riv_Shiel

Riv_Shiel Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2014
    Bad aim? I think you just mean non-cartoonish aim - those were some impressive shots.
    And yes, Rampart trusts what may be a new class of uber-loyal clone over the guy who lied about highly dangerous fugitive clones being killed and who just happened to be on the last mission with another clone before he defected. Not trusting Crosshair is perfectly rational.

Nuka1, LedReader, Slater and 3 others like this.
  23. Fin McCool

Fin McCool Jedi Master star 4

Apr 18, 2015
    There's a difference between "bad aim" and "dramatic aim." :)

Bor Mullet and Riv_Shiel like this.
  24. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Yeah. If it was one of the Imperial stormtroopers that Palpatine is excited about, it is bad aim.

25. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Have a seat, Banking Clan and Commerce Guild. [/macewinduvoice]

LedReader and Siphonophore like this.