main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Bad Batch The Bad Batch 2.08 - Truth and Consequences - Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Feb 7, 2023.

?

Grade the Episode

Poll closed Feb 15, 2023.
  1. 10

51.7%
  2. 9

20.0%
  3. 8

23.3%
  4. 7

5.0%
  5. 6

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. 5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    That’s just boring

Honestly, I always thought rampart was a weirdly bland character and if his next appearance involves him getting Epstein’d everything would make total sense in hindsight

Last edited: Feb 8, 2023
  2. Force Nexus

Force Nexus Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 22, 2022
    Gideon's story is strongly tied to Mandalorians. So unless we get a Mandalore arc, I don't really see a need for Gideon. He's just another Imperial. Sometimes a suicide pill is just a suicide pill. Also, I hope Mount Tantiss has nothing to do with Grogu. My guess is they are making Death Troopers, or some other enhanced clone troopers, like that assassin that eliminated Cade and Slip.

starwars.com identifies him as "Clone X". Given everything we learned about him from these episodes, I bet that's the clone from Mount Tantiss.

3. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    remember this is almost 30 years before Mandalorian. So he be 30 something officer now, not yet ISB.

4. The Chalk Jedi

The Chalk Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 2019
    Imagine a whole season like this.

Next week, we'll return to the Bad Batch seeking a special recipe for Jawa Juice that is guaranteed to make them all rich!

SyndicThrass, Etav Byx, Sproj and 3 others like this.
  5. Chris_Fives

Chris_Fives Jedi Master star 3

Apr 16, 2015
    The minute I saw Palpatine I knew it he will turn it against Chuchi. Amazing two episodes!!

6. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    we get mix of fun an dark mature episodes.

7. Alarinne

Alarinne Jedi Padawan

May 7, 2021
    Rewatched it, and you're right, he does say "I saved a backup." Doesn't necessarily mean the originals were destroyed, but it's extremely likely.

8. IG_2000

Aug 5, 2008
    Even if we don’t get the Purge of Mandalore on here (which I remembered was closer to 2 BBY), you could easily still have Gideon as a contingency operative for Palpatine working in the shadows all these years.

Cloning, cyanide pills, hidden laboratories in mountains… right now I think it has Gideon’s scent. I could be wrong, but the show would get a lot more interesting, especially overlapping with Mandalorian for a few weeks… which might be intentional?

9. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    He be a young man at this point almost same age as Anakin.

10. IG_2000

Aug 5, 2008
    1) He’d be ten years older than Anakin, give or take
    2) Anakin himself is an operative for Palpatine at this point, so no reason to think Palpatine doesn’t like ‘em young?

Fredrik Vallestrand likes this.
  11. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    fair point.

12. IG_2000

Aug 5, 2008
    In my mind now, the endgame of this show is:

Palpatine buries evidence of Order 66 and seizes the means of Kaminoan cloning to prepare for his plans to create the Final Order, but the BB are gonna blow up Mount Tantiss and it’s gonna force the First Order to use kidnapped children and mess up Palpatine’s plans to properly clone himself. Something bad will happen to Nala Se, hence why Gideon is forced to work with Doctor Pershing, a guy obviously influenced by Kaminoan cloners but doesn’t quite know what he’s doing.

13. Foreign32567

Foreign32567 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 4, 2021
    Liked the design of droids on the shipyard, look somewhat similar to KX series.

14. Sproj

Sproj Jedi Master star 4

Mar 18, 2019
    And that would be a great way to do it too.

On a side note, I loved the hush when Palps showed up, you could see everyone knew something big was coming.

15. Etav Byx

Etav Byx Jedi Grand Master star 1

Jul 28, 1998
    Yep. For me so far: 3, 7, 8, 6, 1 & 2, 5, 4

Fredrik Vallestrand likes this.
  16. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Grading poll is live.
    Have you watched "Truth and Consequences" yet? Did you like it? Did you hate it? Did you not give a **** at all? Let us know.
    Click your grade and if you want, be a critic and let us know why!
    Note: This poll will close one week from now.​

clone commander bossk likes this.
  17. SeparatistFan

SeparatistFan Jedi Master star 3

Oct 19, 2012
    Just read the episode guide and I don’t understand why it says Halle Burtoni lost her seat because of what happened in Senate Murders. I didn’t get that impression at all, I remember her smiling because she had a victory with the bill to produce more clones went through…..

18. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    Another great one. I gave this one a perfect 10/10.

The BB gang is back this time, but at least they're part of the bigger picture this time (we'll leave whatever strange shenanigans Cid is involved in with another episode). Like I said in thread for episode 7, what went on at Kamino is now front and center. Rex recruits CF '99 to help him infiltrate Rampart's ship for the evidence; and meanwhile Omega meets Chuchi and gets an introduction to the Senate. I thought it just a tad strange that Chuchi wasn't taken aback by Omega's size as a clone, but I guess since Rex must've already briefed her on the clone's oddities. We finally see that escaped senator from Kamino. She wasn't really much help much help overall but it was somewhat interesting to see her reaction on Omega being in the room with them. And when all's said and done, Palpatine shows up. You kind of figured that it was either wiping out the informants or covering up the tracks and using it to his advantage. And Palps will say, "everything is going according to plan". We see Echo leaving this time with Rex; but for how long? We know Echo isn't with Rex by the time Kanan and the gang meet them in Rebels.

clone commander bossk likes this.
  19. Christopher Blair

Christopher Blair Jedi Master star 4

Dec 23, 2015
    9/10 two great eps

20. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    anyone complain about the mention of "concrete" in star wars yet?

I'm not complaining, i'm just pointing it out. They have durasteel. But concrete has its place I suppose. We use both steel and concrete.

Alarinne likes this.
  21. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I do hope we see him kick the bucket on screen

22. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 15, 2010
    Or Gideon just took over what was left of this project after the Empire collapsed.

Sarge likes this.
  23. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Well, that was incredible. Ian McDiarmid as Palpatine never fails to be amazing.

24. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    I absolutely loved both episodes IMHO Best of the series so far you can really see where there going story wise with this show! It also had a major Clone Wars vibe with the Political intrigue!

Darth Caliban likes this.
  25. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    This episode was also amazing, 10-10. Ryio Chuchi was the MVP for both these episodes. Omega as a senate aid looked good.

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.