main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Bad Batch The Bad Batch 2.08 - Truth and Consequences - Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Feb 7, 2023.

?

Grade the Episode

Poll closed Feb 15, 2023.
  1. 10

51.7%
  2. 9

20.0%
  3. 8

23.3%
  4. 7

5.0%
  5. 6

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. 5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. SyndicThrass

SyndicThrass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 25, 2016
    I think as a clone with limited exposure to civilian life he’s a bit naive. The Republic wasn’t exactly a healthy government when Sheev got to it.

2. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Yes, but it was still much better off than it was when he got his hands on it. Better to have a failing democracy than a fascist dictatorship.

3. SyndicThrass

SyndicThrass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 25, 2016
    Sure, buts entirely besides the point.

Germany during the 20s and 30s was in a horrible place following WW1 and the Great Depression, so I always keep that in mind when acknowledging Hitler’s rise to power. He wasn’t supernaturally intelligent, he was just an charismatic opportunist who took advantage of a nation during some very difficult times. It’s the same with Palpatine. When a fascist rises to power it’s less about their individual qualities and more about the horrible environment that allowed them that rise.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2023
  4. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
  5. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003
    God , I just wish they'd give Sid his own series, especially since McDiarmid is willing to do these shows.

6. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    It would probably be my favorite TV Star Wars ever if it were just the borderline mundane daily life of Darth Sidious attempting to find time to practice Dark Side arts while balancing a schedule filled with Imperial legislating.

7. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    IT be like Andor only in animation, but with more political stuff like Mon Mothma in Andor.

8. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003
    I'd just love to see him manipulating all the ambitious types , letting them betray each other and then he gets to deliver the final checkmate, all while acting so beneficial.

9. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Clone Wars did that sometimes with the Padmee episodes.