main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Bad Batch The Bad Batch 2.09 - The Crossing - Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Feb 14, 2023.

Tags:
?

Grade the Episode

Poll closed Feb 22, 2023.
  1. 10

9.3%
  2. 9

5.6%
  3. 8

31.5%
  4. 7

22.2%
  5. 6

20.4%
  6. 5

5.6%
  7. 4

5.6%
  8. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Episode 2.09!!
    The Crossing

-------------------------------------

Discussion of New Episodes - Rules
    (1) One of the mods will post each week's episode thread a day or two before it airs on Disney+.

(2) Official episode commentary may be posted in this episode thread.

(3) Discussion in the actual episode thread will be limited to that specific episode, NOT future episodes; past episodes may be referenced. Speculation based on released material is permitted.

(4) The Bad Batch episodes air on Wednesday on Disney+. Anyone who shares plot details about an episode before then must use spoiler tags. After that folks will begin discussing their reviews and thoughts without tags which will likely include spoilers. To anyone concerned about being spoiled before watching the episode it is your responsibility to avoid the thread until you have had your chance to view.

(5) All leaks and rumors must be spoiler tagged until they are either proven or disproven.

(6) Reviews for each episode may be posted once they have aired. One of the mods will add a grading poll to that episode's discussion thread.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 16, 2023
    whostheBossk likes this.
  2. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Incredible episode! I never would have suspected when the titles were all leaked that The Crossing would be when Wilco crosses back over to the land of the living to drag Rampart to hell!

3. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    A whole episode of the BB sitting around Cid's place, playing X's and O's... Still, better than the average episode.

4. Vinylshadow

Vinylshadow Jedi Master star 3

Sep 3, 2017
    Can't believe it took them 20 minutes to cross the street while a parade of prequel, original, and sequel trilogy characters went by, each advertising their upcoming Disney+ series

At least Jar Jar's looks promising

5. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    They are good at picking interesting titles. I have to give them credit. What are the odds this is about another Jedi?

clone commander bossk likes this.
  6. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    The Crossing
    he Crossin
    e Crossi
    Cross
    Crossha
    Crosshair

[​IMG]

7. B3

B3 Chosen One star 6

Jan 21, 2014
    I've always thought Star Wars needed more bagpipe guitars.

8. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    Some teasing of this episode on twitter.

9. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    The visuals of this episode were next level. Seriously incredible stuff, the environments felt so real and my jaw nearly dropped when Omega first started drilling into the ipsium. Also appreciated the character moments with Omega and Tech and loved Tech's acknowledgement that he may have his own way of processing things but it doesn't mean he doesn't feel the same emotions as Omega. This is the kind of stuff that was absent in the first half of the season and it's great to have it back.

10. TheCloneWarsForever

TheCloneWarsForever Force Ghost star 7

Apr 24, 2018
    So, Tech faces the greatest challenge of his life: how to have a bedside manner. And as he counsels Omega on the need to accept change, perhaps he should remind her that after 20-odd episodes of running missions-of-the-week for an ingrate like Cid, change might not be a bad thing.

11. Force Nexus

Force Nexus Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 22, 2022
    It was alright. The moment with Tech and Omega was the highlight and what was said there is basically the main theme of Star Wars. Visuals were really good. The whole place also reminded me of Fallout: New Vegas.

Even though you have to wonder, do people even lock their ships in Star Wars? Is there some kind of security system? Seems like you can just walk in and take it.

12. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
  13. Sproj

Sproj Jedi Master star 4

Mar 18, 2019
    Pfft yet another Cid-related borefest. Yes the character moment between Tech and Omega was nice but the rest was just yet another snoozefest. The sooner they part from Cid the better.

Generational Fan and cwustudent like this.
  14. SyndicThrass

SyndicThrass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 25, 2016
    I would love it if Cid went away forever.

15. Generational Fan

Generational Fan Jedi Master star 4

Oct 21, 2015
    Again, another fun episode, but my opinion can be more summed up by 3 words.....narrative momentum killer. For goodness sakes Cid, hurry up and betray TBB so we can progress the narrative forward instead of 2 steps forward, 1 step back. Cid, sadly, you are starting to get close to your use-by date for me because your character arc and the narrative surrounding it just remains static. Of all episodes and given what missions these guys have done for you and how they saved your life a few episodes back, your immediate answer should have been yes when they asked for a ship.

My favourite part of this episode was with Omega and the loss she was feeling with Echo gone. At least this connects with the last two episodes and shows how deeply she cares for her family. And her interactions with Tech and how he talked about how he struggles to express emotion was a nice moment too.

But as fun as the rest of it was, it's just another variation on previous episodes.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2023
  16. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    She was ok in season 1 but now i get tired of her character.

17. Etav Byx

Etav Byx Jedi Grand Master star 1

Jul 28, 1998
    This was a good episode. Even though it, seemingly didn't advance the overall plot (but who know what the fallout of losing/possibly regaining the ship could lead to), the character development was well done so it's not simply a filler episode.

18. Guidman

Guidman Skywalker Saga Mod and Trivia Host star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 29, 2016
    I liked the animation and design of the planet and the Lion King sequence was alright.
    [​IMG]

4/10

19. DLCV

DLCV Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 14, 2020
    Good episode, one day, they will be tired of Cid and this day is arrive....

And a Lion King reference, like it.

20. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Lion King refference.

JediMasterMark15 and cwustudent like this.
  21. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    So despite some most likely thinking this episode filler. I thought it did a lot in the character department. Plus the music and animation were some of their best.

22. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Great character development for Tech.

23. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    I really like the focus on Tech this season since he's one of my favorite clones. Great way to show Omega's sadness over Echo leaving the squad and now loosing her home while the others pretty much moved on. Wrecker being the first one to notice something was wrong and trying to comfort her was a nice way to show once again how he's not just the muscle. Plus, the contrast with Tech's very straightforward way to deal with the situation and him trying to make Omega understand how he has his own way to process events which doesn't make him any less human was my favorite part of the episode.

24. Alarinne

Alarinne Jedi Padawan

May 7, 2021
    Now that's a Cid mission episode I can get behind. Seeing the characters' reaction to Echo leaving was great (although it makes previous lack of reaction to Crosshair's much more painful departure a bit odd). The tension building up between Tech, Wrecker and Omega was beautifully done. And animation quality just keeps getting higher and higher.

One thing that felt a little strange was how Tech leapt after Omega without even waiting until she lands. It's great that he didn't hesitate to rescue her, but they could have easily ended up with two people with broken spines and no way to call for help.

25. Reepicheep775

Reepicheep775 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 27, 2019
    This was a pretty good episode. There was some good character development with Omega mourning the departure of Echo and Tech's relationship with her. I also liked that this episode ended on a cliff hanger the squad still abandoned on the Wild West planet and the Marauder gone. Half an hour is a very short time to tell a story. It can be done well, but this episode felt like it benefited from having some more breathing room.