main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Bad Batch The Bad Batch 2.11 - Metamorphosis - Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Feb 28, 2023.

Tags:
?

Grade the Episode

Poll closed Mar 8, 2023.
  1. 10

23.0%
  2. 9

21.3%
  3. 8

34.4%
  4. 7

19.7%
  5. 6

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. 5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. 4

1.6%
  8. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Episode 2.11!!
    Metamorphosis

-------------------------------------

Discussion of New Episodes - Rules
    (1) One of the mods will post each week's episode thread a day or two before it airs on Disney+.

(2) Official episode commentary may be posted in this episode thread.

(3) Discussion in the actual episode thread will be limited to that specific episode, NOT future episodes; past episodes may be referenced. Speculation based on released material is permitted.

(4) The Bad Batch episodes air on Wednesday on Disney+. Anyone who shares plot details about an episode before then must use spoiler tags. After that folks will begin discussing their reviews and thoughts without tags which will likely include spoilers. To anyone concerned about being spoiled before watching the episode it is your responsibility to avoid the thread until you have had your chance to view.

(5) All leaks and rumors must be spoiler tagged until they are either proven or disproven.

(6) Reviews for each episode may be posted once they have aired. One of the mods will add a grading poll to that episode's discussion thread.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 1, 2023
    whostheBossk likes this.
  2. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Is BB going to go through a metamorphosis into an interesting show?

Fin McCool likes this.
  3. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    Wow, who could’ve guessed Hunter would wake up like this:
    [​IMG]

What’ll those crazy Kaminoans get up to next?

4. Fin McCool

Fin McCool Jedi Master star 4

Apr 18, 2015
    A return to the Kafkaesque storyline of what happens to things the Empire touches would probably be good!

TadoFett and Sarge like this.
  5. Vinylshadow

Vinylshadow Jedi Master star 3

Sep 3, 2017
    Wasn't expecting that sick Palpatine guitar solo during Omega's musical duet with Boba Fett

Sproj, Sarge and Fin McCool like this.
  6. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    Tech: *pulls out a data pad and adjusts his monocle and types rapidly* “Hunter, according to my research, you have transformed into a larger than average cockroach!”

EDIT; I just told ChatGPT to write this episode:

FADE IN:

EXT. BAD BATCH SHIP - DAY

The Bad Batch ship is flying through space. Inside, the members of the Bad Batch are lounging around, passing the time. Suddenly, Hunter starts to stir in his sleep. He groans, rolls over, and then sits up with a start. He looks down at his body, confused.

HUNTER (looking down at himself) What the…?

Hunter suddenly screams and jumps out of bed. His fellow Bad Batch members startle awake and look at him in confusion.

WRECKER What's the matter, Hunter?

HUNTER (pointing at himself) Look at me! I'm a bug!

The rest of the Bad Batch looks at Hunter in shock. Sure enough, where Hunter's head used to be, there is now the head of a massive insect. Hunter's body is now covered in chitinous armor, and he has six legs instead of two.

TECH (approaching Hunter, looking fascinated) This is incredible. The genetic mutation you've undergone is truly fascinating.

HUNTER (angrily) I don't care about the genetics, Tech. Change me back!

CUT TO:

INT. BAD BATCH SHIP - LATER

The Bad Batch members are gathered around Hunter, trying to figure out what to do.

CROSSHAIR (looking at Hunter) We need to take him to a medical facility.

ECHO (agitatedly) We can't just take him to any medical facility! He's a giant bug now!

Last edited: Feb 28, 2023
  7. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    It was said this was going to a big episode.

8. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Tell me this is the episode where The Bad Batch are going to collectively turn around. Show Cid the moon. Then say, "Peace Out!"

9. clonegeek

clonegeek Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 28, 2022
    Sweet a flashback episode

10. Sproj

Sproj Jedi Master star 4

Mar 18, 2019
    And their band name was perfect - ACOC (Alpha Clone, Omega Clone) and my what a hit they played with that great line: ‘You’ve been Empire Struck’

Vinylshadow likes this.
  11. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    The dialog has really improved. This Tech talks a lot more like a human being than he did in the not-pod-racer episode.

12. DannyD

DannyD Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2017
    Fixed.

13. Force Nexus

Force Nexus Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 22, 2022
    Ok, that was pretty good.

Scorch, my beloved.

Delta Squad in the finale is probably gonna happen.

14. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    The new doctor is creepy.

Sproj likes this.
  15. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    I almost had a heart attack at the beginning thinking they were introducing the Vong.

I just know for an absolute fact there’s going to be a Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom ending to the finale where Omega pushes a button and lets the Zillo Beast out to run amok.

16. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    The return of the Zillobeast finally, lol. After what 15 years of Speculation.

17. VexedAtVohai

VexedAtVohai Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 4, 2020
    After almost 13 years.

18. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Great episode! Fun to revisit the Zillo beast. And the plot is definitely thickening now.

19. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    Nice episode. My first assumption was the Zillo Beast although I kept second guessing myself until they confirmed it, lol. I first rolled my eyes a bit at the whole absorbing energy to become giant thing, but then I recalled how the original was awakened by the electo-proton bomb so I guess that works well enough.

They are definitely not letting Lama Su go free. He sold out Nala Se and Omega for nothing.

20. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Good to see Lama Su still alive, but yeah he is toast as soon as he is no longer useful. They totally teased what we see in Mandalorian and TROS. Nala Sa knows what the Emperor wants.

21. Aah Fisto

Aah Fisto Jedi Knight star 2

May 30, 2020
    Great episode. Some great content added to the story and the return of the Zillo!

Darth MikeSin likes this.
  22. Vinylshadow

Vinylshadow Jedi Master star 3

Sep 3, 2017
    "Okay, so clearly integrating zillo beast DNA didn't work, and gave us a tall wrinkly Hugh Hefner wannabe. Have you considered a small green frog creature instead? I hear they're great for the complexion."

23. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    The new Zillobeast was made from the original back in clone wars.

rumblewagon likes this.
  24. TheCloneWarsForever

TheCloneWarsForever Force Ghost star 7

Apr 24, 2018
    So, this week, Cid is finally feeling some blowback from the way she's been treating TBB. The crew has raised their prices.

Nice job on making the larval Zillo Beast close enough to the original to make it plausible but different enough to keep me second-guessing until the actual reveal. That it seemed to be going for an Alien vibe helped.

Considering the other show that's starting its season at the same time, TBB needed to up its game and it did. In some ways, it actually had more impact. 9/10.

25. Foreign32567

Foreign32567 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 4, 2021
    So, now Palpatine has his own Dr. Strangelove.
    Also doctor's assistant so far is the most beautiful female character in this series.

whostheBossk and TadoFett like this.