main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Bad Batch The Bad Batch 2.11 - Metamorphosis - Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Feb 28, 2023.

Tags:
?

Grade the Episode

Poll closed Mar 8, 2023.
  1. 10

23.0%
  2. 9

21.3%
  3. 8

34.4%
  4. 7

19.7%
  5. 6

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. 5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. 4

1.6%
  8. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. StoneRiver

StoneRiver Force Ghost star 4

Oct 6, 2004
    Solid episode with some meat to the story. 8/10

clone commander bossk likes this.
  2. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    Glad to see the Zillo plotline picked up after all these years. Tying into the recent 'mysterious cloning' metaplot that's been brewing in Bad Batch and Mando was a great idea. The episode also found a natural way to get the main Batch involved with the cloning shenanigans without ceding too much info (they still don't know where or why the project is being done). Nice to finally have a 'mission of the week' that actually forwards a larger arc simmering in the background.

Also I'm pretty sure the engine cores seen on the crashed ship are a direct homage to those seen on the Salvation in The Force Unleashed II. They were equally prone to exploding, I'm glad they reference that feature :p

3. Awushi Awere

Awushi Awere Jedi Knight star 2

May 11, 2020
    What did Omega mean with "I heard they take the cloning stuff just to another planet where they are hidden"? Was she already referring to Exegol and early Snoke experiments? (Like she doesn't know exactly what is going on but that's obviously what happens in the dark)

Darth MikeSin likes this.
  4. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    I think Kaminoans might have other facilities or Republic build new ones for cloning. We know of one Kaminoan outpost.

5. Awushi Awere

May 11, 2020
    But for what? In the OT cloning is no topic at all, only mentioned by Obi-Wan in terms of the Clone Wars. And since we know that all those secrets of the Sequels (SKB, Snoke, Exegol, etc.) were already running earlier than we thought, I could imagine that The Bad Batch foreshadows some events, as well as The Mandalorian probably does/will.

6. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Thats still 25 years later. I think Mount Tantiss will work as main cloning base for both Bad Batch and Mandalorian. We might gets hints at Palpatine clones and cloning force senstives.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2023
    Awushi Awere likes this.
  7. Awushi Awere

May 11, 2020
    Ah, so she was probably talking about Mount Tantiss / Wayland.

8. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Most likley another base as this sounds like it completely new. But we have that scene with Doctor Hemlock and Nala Sa, hinting at a backstory. So they could be working somewhere else and the Republic/Empire built Mount Tantiss like the other mountain base in season 1.

Awushi Awere likes this.
  9. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 15, 2010
    Same here.

10. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I would be interested in exploring the off-world facility where the Zillobeast clone was originally being kept.

11. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Doctor Hemlock probably involved.

12. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    My bet is it was originally cloned on Coruscant

13. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Thst would be too dangerous after the original wrecked Corucant buildings and killed 10000 thousands.

14. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    It was dangerous to bring it there on the first place.

15. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Yes and i think Palpatine be little smarter next. Look at how they needed to silence, possible kill the whole town this episode.

16. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Master Jedi Fixxxer Force Ghost star 5

Oct 20, 2018
    I just came here to say that the entire episode gave me a lot of "Alien" vibes, and I was very pleased to find out that the planet they moved the Zillo beast is called Wayland. This is most definitely a homage to the Weyland - Yutani corporation.

Also, 10 out of 10 for this episode.

17. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    It's not, Wayland comes from the old Thrawn trilogy.

Darth MikeSin likes this.
  18. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Master Jedi Fixxxer Force Ghost star 5

Oct 20, 2018
    But what if THAT was already a tribute since then? :p
    Since the old Thrawn trilogy had cloning in it anyway....

clone commander bossk and Sarge like this.
  19. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Originally maybe but kept in a secret off-world Kaminoan facility. Imagine what else could be there.

20. Maythe14thBeWithYou

Maythe14thBeWithYou Jedi Master star 4

May 26, 2014
    I gave it a 10/10.

This seemed at first like another heist but man was it more. First off though that new scientist is really creepy as he's supposed to be of course. You knew the mission was going to be connected to the opening scene though so it had that going for it. As far as that goes as well they did a good job of keeping the tension throughout the episode and when the Zillo Beast did come on it was on. I did also like the TCW reference concerning it. I always like intermedia references. Now, I'll admit I wasn't expecting the ending cliffhanger. I had forgotten Omega's exact connection so that should prove to be interesting.

21. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    No, it comes from Scott Weiland

[​IMG]

TheYodaPagoda and Fin McCool like this.
  22. Fin McCool

Fin McCool Jedi Master star 4

Apr 18, 2015
    "Sith-Type Thing," "Intergalactic Love Song," "Lady Tano Show," all the hits.

TheYodaPagoda likes this.
  23. LedReader

LedReader Jedi Master star 4

Oct 24, 2019
    I view The Bad Batch as a surprisingly decent excuse to return to the Star Wars universe during a time where there would otherwise be no new Star Wars content at all, so I was afraid I wouldn’t be able to enjoy it anymore when watched directly after The Mandalorian. Turns out they picked the perfect week to drop arguably the best episode of season. That intro was so unlike anything I was expecting that I legitimately thought my dad had somehow clicked on the wrong show for a second.