main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Bad Batch The Bad Batch 2.13 - Pabu - Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Mar 14, 2023.

Tags:
?

Grade the Episode

Poll closed Mar 22, 2023.
  1. 10

1.8%
  2. 9

14.0%
  3. 8

21.1%
  4. 7

22.8%
  5. 6

21.1%
  6. 5

14.0%
  7. 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 2

3.5%
  10. 1

1.8%
  1. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003
    well that was dull.

cwustudent, Theo333 and Sarge like this.
  2. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Of course after thirty years of no tsunami, the tsunami occurs the exact day a rare mutant clone force shows up.

I don’t think this episode needed a contrived natural disaster, and wish the writers had been confident enough to tell the BB and Omega story without it.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2023
  3. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    Something I really liked that I forgot about in the second half of the episode.
    The people at the beginning tried to kill Phee with a Kouhun, aka the same worm Zam tried to use in AOTC.
    [​IMG]

4. Christopher Blair

Christopher Blair Jedi Master star 4

Dec 23, 2015
    I understand exactly what you're saying but for some reason it doesn't bother me because of cartoon Logic lol. For instance if willie e coyote shows up, I know he is about to get blown up and thrown off a cliff. Some things you can safely Place bets too. If a cartoon version of Star Wars main character shows up something bad will happen. Crosshair goes to this isolated planet and the whole crew that was living there is wiped out lol.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  5. Fin McCool

Fin McCool Jedi Master star 4

Apr 18, 2015
    You know the old saying. If you flip a coin 10,949 times, the next time it might land on "tsunami."

6. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid Force Ghost star 6

Mar 13, 2014

it was neat seeing one in action again. We saw a bit more that it has a stinger it uses.

Those bad guys had a lot of faith in that bug. I’d be worried it would someone else (me) a more appetizing meal and sting them instead.

7. Christopher Blair

Christopher Blair Jedi Master star 4

Dec 23, 2015
    If you flip a coin 100 times there's 100% chance that something bad is going to happen if the bad batch shows up. Either the Empire will strike, a natural disaster will happen, Raiders will come, and people will die or at the very least a village will be destroyed.

8. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012
    Oh come now, it makes perfect sense! What would you do if you were a tsunami? Would you strike randomly, or would you wait for the Bad Batch to arrive?

Sproj, StoneRiver, Riv_Shiel and 5 others like this.
  9. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    They could have baked a time skip in to the middle of the the episode. But the tsunami was the plot device to convince them to stay.

10. Seldes_Katne

Seldes_Katne Force Ghost star 3

Mar 18, 2002
    Pabu looks like a lovely place to settle down for a bit. Idyllic beachfront property, plenty of food and sun, friendly neighbors, plus -- bonus! -- new Star Wars wildlife.

Here's hoping someone goes back and liberates AZI-345211896246498721347 from Cid's so "he" can enjoy it all, too....

Cos Palpatine likes this.
  11. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Master Jedi Fixxxer Force Ghost star 5

Oct 20, 2018
    This expresses my thoughts perfectly.

I almost wish that the entire episode had been a pleasant, uneventful, colorful quiet evening on Pabu. With no disasters or drama.

Not every story needs to have drama. They could have just shown the team considering staying on the island, without the need to stay in order to rebuild.

Having said that, the episode had many beautiful elements, so it's a net positive for me. And I love the Moon-Yos.

Alarinne and Bor Mullet like this.
  12. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    I also oddly liked the episode anyway, I think mostly because of the setting.

But while I’m a fan of my fellow goomba Filoni, the Moon-Yos are part of a trend of Filoni creature designs that are way too on the nose. They’re basically purple monkeys, just as his lothwolves just look like…big wolves. And then there are the owls, etc. Though a Kowakian monkey lizard is monkey-esque, there are major differences that make them also not very monkey-like. That’s the kind of animal design I want to see more of. Hinting at their earthly counterparts, rather than just putting a thin coat of paint on them.

Also, I miss blurrgs.

13. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    That kinda felt like a low key series finale. I mean, the Bad Batch has found a place to stay and the point of the show is that they go bouncing around the galaxy taking on gigs. They seem settled down. Of course, I'm sure Rex and or Crosshair will somehow mess up their idyllic life.

14. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Can’t tell if serious…

StoneRiver likes this.
  15. Sproj

Sproj Jedi Master star 4

Mar 18, 2019
    I totally forgot that droid, I guess the tigers did too because Omega was attached to him, unlike her to leave him behind.

16. The Chalk Jedi

The Chalk Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 2019
    It was good to have an episode that challenges the character's sense of identity and provides a choice regarding their future. It's an episode that's long overdue, IMO, as we could have done with fewer Cid episodes. But nevertheless the second half of the season has been more devoted to character development; that's good.

Now that the Batch will finally have some stability in their lives, we know that comfort will be pulled from them for the final season arc.

17. Cos Palpatine

Cos Palpatine Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 5, 2022
    I wouldn't be surprised if Cid was tracking their ship.

I hope so too! One of my favorite droid characters; wish he got more to do this season besides serve drinks.

18. Ghost Ryder

Ghost Ryder Jedi Master star 4

Jan 16, 2016
    Pretty good episode, so a 6/10. I like the prospect of what Pabu represents for the Batch, but to me the execution isn't very impactful. The environment did remind me of the season opening; one of the Batch could've mentioned that Echo was with them the last time they were in a place like that, and then had some reflection/doubt about what they're doing now.

My favorite part's probably everything before Pabu itself: the opening exchange, Tech playing against himself, and the follow-up from Cid.

19. Biel Ductavis

Biel Ductavis Jedi Master star 4

Aug 17, 2015
    Nice setting, but a bit boring. Considering the Zillo Beast episode before.

Could imagine the Batch getting a happy ending living on Pabu, when the show ends.

Gesendet von meinem TA-1053 mit Tapatalk

clone commander bossk likes this.
  20. Kole

Kole Jedi Master star 1

Jul 3, 2016
    Little late to the party, but ya know, life…

Huh, I might be going against the grain a bit here. On paper, this is the exact kind of “filler” episode that I’ve been complaining about in this series. Buuuutttt… this really worked for me. I saw some excellent character development. I like that they are working to cut off Cid. A true natural disaster being the issue rather than the usual bad guys was a welcome change of pace, and the scale felt “real”. I like seeing the wear that constant “adventure” is having on Omega psychologically, even as much as she doesn’t want to admit it. And I’d be surprised if this isn’t an episode used to bookmark this part of the batch for a bit and switch over to Echo/Rex/Crosshair/Cody storyline, which I find exciting.

8/10, limited in its ratings ceiling due to intended impact and scope, but executed very well

21. Maythe14thBeWithYou

Maythe14thBeWithYou Jedi Master star 4

May 26, 2014
    I gave this an 8/10.

I was honestly expecting a continuation from last week since it's been doing that recently. That said, I was open to it going forward. I did like the episode and how Pabu was shown. It's nice seeing an area that hasn't been totally subjugated...yet. I like Phee and it was nice seeing a different side to her. It gave her some depth and I always enjoy that animated or not. Also I'm a fan of Wanda Sykes. Overall it was a pretty simple, straightforward episode, but that was nice though. I assume in the coming episodes stakes will get higher regarding Omega, Crosshair, and even Rex so taking a breath at this point is okay. TCW did episodes that were quieter and were done well.

22. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Is it just me or does Pabu look an awful lot like Scarif? Could Pabu just be the name of the island? The look of the planet from outer space looks identical to Scarif.

23. clone commander bossk

clone commander bossk Ostrich Velocity Expert star 5

Nov 5, 2019
    The same could be said for Tatooine and every other desert planet.

24. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    From space, yeah. But on the ground, Scarif is flat, low-lying tropical atolls (like the Maldives), whereas Pabu is a rocky and cliffy Mediterranean-like island. So at least what we’ve seen of both look quite different.

Sarge likes this.