main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Bad Batch The Bad Batch 2.14 - Tipping Point - Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Mar 21, 2023.

Tags:
?

Grade the episode

Poll closed Mar 29, 2023.
  1. 10

18.8%
  2. 9

25.0%
  3. 8

39.6%
  4. 7

10.4%
  5. 6

2.1%
  6. 5

2.1%
  7. 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1

2.1%
  1. Sproj

Sproj Jedi Master star 4

Mar 18, 2019
    Excellent episode, I wish we stuck on this storyline throughout the season. There is so much in the clone story arcs that the Cid episodes just feel such a missed opportunity.

2. Foreign32567

Foreign32567 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 4, 2021
    Wonder if Krennic can appear in the next episode during the Imperial summit or he is not high-ranked enough at that time period.

whostheBossk likes this.
  3. Generational Fan

Generational Fan Jedi Master star 4

Oct 21, 2015
    One thing that has been an absolutely brilliant feature of TBB this season has been the "cinematic look" to alot of its various planetary terrains and orbits above the planets in space. This latest episode was no different. Gorgeous! A gorgeous cinematic look to the scenes as the Imperial shuttle lifted and took off and exited the planet's atmosphere and into space. And even during the rescue scenes, they still had that gorgeous backdrop of the distant planet / moon behind the other. Obviously it's a conscious thing to do this in helping create atmosphere and authenticity to the scenes, so I really appreciate the attention to detail there in how beautiful the scenes are framed. Keep up that great work Rau and co.

Really enjoyed this latest episode. Seeds (rescuing the Clonetroopers) that were planted in earlier episodes are starting to grow into greater storylines of significance. I can see this becoming the dominant / main storyline in Season 3. Once TBB find out what the Empire are doing to the Clones in the finale, there will be, IMO, a distinct shift in stance by the other "reluctant" members of the group; in particular Hunter.

I really enjoyed the rescue scenes and the stuff involving Crosshair. And so can see Doc's assistant being the one who gives away the location of Mount Tantiss. She appeared to be a little distraught in seeing the torture levels being turned up on Crosshair. Despite being an active participant in all of the evil, she does appear to still have some sort of a heart.

So with Tarkin asking Hemlock for his plan at some Summit, it's the perfect opportunity for the assistant to turn and converse with the Senators helping the Clones - which in turn gets fed back to Rex and co.

And I also enjoyed TBB experiencing something different in having stayed on Oahu.

4. Fin McCool

Fin McCool Jedi Master star 4

Apr 18, 2015
    This was OK. Is there going to be a S3?

Crosshair episodes are at least interesting because they tend to tie into the bigger picture.

I wonder how long Rex/Echo can operate their network out of Coruscant.

Wrecker has found his calling as the really strong sister from Encanto.

pronker likes this.
  5. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    No season 3 has been confirmed

6. clonegeek

clonegeek Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 28, 2022
    Balmorra, baby. That brings me back and now Crosshair is still having a redemption arc. Howzer is still alive and is now free + we get 2 new named clones who actually make it through the episode? Soild plot. There seems to be more going on with the lady doctor and Crosshair.

The Outpost likely happening during the time gap between last weeks and this weeks episode.

7. Reepicheep775

Reepicheep775 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 27, 2019
    Really good episode. This is what I wish the show was all the time: A show from the POV of Rex's band of defected regs with the Bad Batch being recurring characters brought in when their expertise is called for.

I like the contrast between the Bad Batch essentially ditching their armour and Rex's group looking like they're still in the Clone Wars. It shows that one group is still in mission mode while the other is trying to put that all behind them.

I'm curious what this summit will be that Tarkin mentioned. [face_thinking]

8. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Also it’s interesting to note that the only other time we see the electric pull of death outside this show is for the mandalorian. Also two suicides in an animated show on Disney plus. I think TCW only had two suicides as well. Anyway it’s just another way to tie mount Tantiss to the mandalorian.

9. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid Force Ghost star 6

Mar 13, 2014
    Another great episode. When this show is in gear it’s compelling and leave me wanting more.

That was Gregor in Echo’s group right?

I like how Echo’s found new purpose.

10. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    She sounds a lot like a grown-up Omega to me. I checked the credits and was surprised that there are different voice actors for them.

11. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Yes she does. Definitely has a New Zealand accent and so far as I recall no New Zealander has ever played another role accept as a clone. So I am pretty sure she is a clone.

12. clone commander bossk

clone commander bossk Ostrich Velocity Expert star 5

Nov 5, 2019
    Wow this episode was great, it's a pity that more people aren't watching cause mando is getting more attention.

I loved seeing Howzer back and on Blamorra. (that's important if you've played star wars the old republic)

The new clones are really cool designs, reminds me of the 41st. I would really like to get a couple episodes just about them.

Crosshair is not having a good time as usual. It's good to see that he's gone all in on betraying the empire.

13. Darth Baga

Darth Baga Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 21, 2021
    Good episode. I'm really looking forward to the season finale. :D

Prediction time! *Puts on prediction hat* I predict that the Bad Batch are going to leave Omega behind on Pabu so that they can go to save Crosshair. But Cid will then rat her out to the Empire, forcing the Batch (and Crosshair) to rescue her and continue their fight against the Empire. There's no chance they will retire after this.

I'm hoping Crosshair will survive.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2023
    clone commander bossk likes this.
  14. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    This. IMO, it's looking more cinematic than this season of the Mandalorian.

15. Foreign32567

Foreign32567 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 4, 2021
    In this case I hope for as much Imperial cameos as possible, preferably the Joint Chiefs.

16. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Sweet episode, Crosshair redemption arc underway. He's totally going to die at the end of this. Whose to say it wasn't planned for him to escape. I know the man is elite but he had an easy time getting that blaster and warning The Bad Batch. Hemlock may be betting on The Bad Batch coming to the rescue instead of going to hide. Even if Echo hadn't bought his data to be encrypted. I think he'd have given them the message and The Bad Batch would have known whats up. I find it kind of interesting that Cody's name wasn't on that roster. I was expecting Tech to say he found his number to. I guess he really did go AWOL. Great to see Howzer is alive

Hemlock gives me uncomfortable vibes. I assume Crosshair's freedom would be to become one of the "True Believers" and maybe that's the program he'll present in the Summit. I hope that's something we'll see. Rex was acting pretty wreckless in his last appearance. I could see him doing something crazy stupid like trying to bomb it. I do get the impression the Doctor under him is a clone but not a Fett Clone like Omega. Maybe another experiment by Hemlock that parallels Pershing. She seems like she might be like a Tim Marcoh.

Loved the flying lessons, Hunter's unease with staying put even if Pabu seems great and the visit from Echo. That hug! Echo seems to have come off the shelf. I thing he'll in with the team for the entire season finale.

rumblewagon and Generational Fan like this.
  17. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Master Jedi Fixxxer Force Ghost star 5

Oct 20, 2018
    I might be one of the very few people, but I do not want Crosshair to get any kind of redemption. Hopefully he can get a chance to make some things right before he dies at best. Being redeemed for selfish reasons and just because he saw the Empire ready to dispose of him, when he was untouched and indifferent to the entire galaxy suffering, doesn't mean much to me. He is still an evil person, regardless of what he may think of himself.

Having said that, this episode was very very strong. And I think it's the first time in a very long time that we see all members of the original Bad Batch in the same episode, plus Echo as well. From different perspectives of course since they are not all in the same location, but still.

Aah Fisto likes this.
  18. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    I hated the flying lesson. That's not how you learn to fly. All she's learning is bad habits, and practicing them.

19. Chris_Fives

Chris_Fives Jedi Master star 3

Apr 16, 2015
    Nice, now this is the story I want to see from TBB. Yeah, I get that it’s a kid’s show, but it really shines during those kind of episodes…

20. Zer0

Zer0 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 3, 2012
    Is it strange that I've been enjoying Bad Batch more then Mando the past few weeks? I'm so interested in where this plot is going.

21. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Grading poll is live.
    Have you watched "Tipping Point" yet? Did you like it? Did you hate it? Did you not give a **** at all? Let us know.
    Click your grade and if you want, be a critic and let us know why!
    Note: This poll will close one week from now.​

22. Christopher Blair

Christopher Blair Jedi Master star 4

Dec 23, 2015
    Not the best episode ever but a very solid and enjoyable episode. Tech training Omega was utterly Charming. The evil doctor has a voice actor that I know I've heard before but I'm just not sure where. So far I've enjoyed bad batch 2 more than Mandalorian season 3. 8/10.

I agree with both of y'all. The animation of the show has gotten better each episode to me. I really love the island planet there on, especially those water effects

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 22, 2023
  23. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Omega almost killing a bunch of locals on boats, though.

Alarinne, Generational Fan and Sarge like this.
  24. TheCloneWarsForever

TheCloneWarsForever Force Ghost star 7

Apr 24, 2018
    8/10. A decent setup episode and our dark and serious fix for this week (really an interesting role reversal for TBB and Mando...) And I guess it's a lock now - the Martez sisters' garage is going to get more cameos than the Martez sisters themselves. While Omega's driving was the deadliest peril facing CF99 this week, I guess next week will top that being the season finale.

Alarinne and Generational Fan like this.
  25. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003
    Didn't think much of this one.