main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Bad Batch The Bad Batch 3.08 - Bad Territory - Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Mar 19, 2024.

?

Grade the episode

Poll closed Mar 27, 2024.
  1. 10

9.8%
  2. 9

12.2%
  3. 8

14.6%
  4. 7

31.7%
  5. 6

12.2%
  6. 5

12.2%
  7. 4

2.4%
  8. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1

4.9%
  1. theorenwulf

theorenwulf Jedi Master star 2

Jul 12, 2015
    Liked the episode. I thought it was pretty and the bounty hunting job was nothing special but a bit different. Not a highlight episode but fun entertainment. And the Crosshair/Omega parts of the episode were some intresting character pieces. I really don't mind doing quieter episodes like this and letting the characters breathe a bit, I honestly sometimes miss episodes like this in many modern tv shows. It only moved the plot foreard incrementally but it was just a bit of fun. And in my opinion better done than most monster od the week episodes.
    7/10 for me

Wolf43 and Ghost Ryder like this.
  2. whostheBossk

whostheBossk Force Ghost star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    "Is the villain a new species" - I'd say it's the mantis species similar to the Praying Mantis that was in ANH cantina and The Mandalorian S1E5 Gunslinger.

An episode that had very little movement in the story but could've been much better at the end, however It fell flat as Hunter & Wrecker both looked like fools. There's no way they'd let Fennec get away with that. They would've been smarter one would hope and got the Intel as they moved along in the job.
    Fennec seems legit as a dangerous bounty hunter but waaay too arrogant for what we saw in TBOBF. Sure there's growth and humility from her 'near' death but geez, kinda annoying. I have no issues with the crocs as it wasn't really monster of the week feeling, they were in a swamp on Nal Hutta for crying out loud so you have to have crocs! And..why didnt Kenobi and Vos wear a mask there in TCW?
    The theme music at the end was best part and we all know who it is. Should be interesting that she will hunt the TBB instead of the other way around.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2024
    Alarinne and Sarge like this.
  3. Jedi Master Frizzy

Jedi Master Frizzy Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    I know i complained about it last episode, but this episode didnt need to be that Dark. Its animation not live action. Almost coundt see anything.

I liked seeing Fennec Shand return and she is better used here then in Mandalorian and Book of Boba Fett. I liked seeing Omega and Crosshair meditate. Fennec's contact is probably Cad Bane.

Count Yubnub likes this.
  4. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003
    As audio-dramas go it's not bad.

5. Happy Sando

Happy Sando Jedi Master star 4

Jun 23, 2023
    Feels like I'm watching a totally different show to everybody else here. The episodes keep getting better and better this season. This week was twenty-odd minutes of pure, unfiltered Star Wars and I adored every frame of it. From its design and direction to its balance of action, intrigue and character development, to its intangible "cool" factor (which Fennec had already sent through the roof before we got to the freakin' praying mantis) I think it's as close to perfect as possible.

Ghost Ryder likes this.
  6. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Also this episode gets a bonus for actually not having oxygen that could be breathed

Slater, Ghost Ryder and Happy Sando like this.
  7. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    "I'll give you what you want, but you have to do this for me." The Mandalorian did those things much better.

The swamp was dark, foggy, eerie, and atmospheric. It could have had a very creepy vibe, but all 3 of these highly skilled experienced and stealthy hunters were walking around with multiple bright and colorful LEDs on their gear. Have I mentioned how dumb that is? Cut it out, people!

8. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I enjoyed it. It wasn’t mind blowing but it was fun.

9. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Enough about the light levels. It’s been well-established that if you can’t see anything, you’re looking at a ****** screen. So let’s just waste 45% less of the thread’s content, and not mention it anymore.

*Drops mic and walks off into the dimly lit internet.*

10. JoshieHewls

JoshieHewls Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 16, 2013
    I enjoyed it more than last week's episodes (which, yes, were too dark). I didn't have problems with lighting in this episode. I really liked the Star Wars Louisiana bayou planet as well as the Star Wars crocodile creatures. Plus Fennec is just a fun character to watch. Solid all around.

Happy Sando likes this.
  11. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003
    And do you think it's alright to be dropping microphones? It's a precision instrument, you should have more respect. Of course it probably isn't yours and you're the sort that thinks it's ok to damage other people's equipment.

[/shakes head] I just don't know these days.

Sarge and Bor Mullet like this.
  12. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    It was a really cool call back

whostheBossk likes this.
  13. clonegeek

clonegeek Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 28, 2022
    I'm just happy we got to see a Yam'rii in action. Makes me curious why they chose to make him one.

Wild spectulation but maybe this an assit they created in preperation for something Grevious related.

SeparatistFan likes this.
  14. Clone8looper

Clone8looper Jedi Padawan star 1

Sep 5, 2023
    This episode lacked ambition. They could have gone all Apocalypse Now. I thought the trip down the river through the mist and murk was perhaps leading us to a Kurtz-esque showdown, but alas not.

All the darkness (literally) but not the heart.

Sarge likes this.
  15. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Right aren’t these the people that Grevious’s species fights all the time

SeparatistFan likes this.
  16. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    This episode was built up in my opinion. Oh boy, I got some major death flags from Wrecker in this one. He was completely speechless when Fennic rubbed his and Hunter's face in their inability to protect Omega. At the start of the episode, Omega expressed a lot of guilt over the men Rex lost because she was there. I feel it's tickets for Wrecker soon and that plot device will break Omega. I think it's going to mess up Hunter too.

Fennic Shand is the blandest damn character. She is the same character across like a 30-year timeline no matter what happens. Arrogant, stuck up, and doesn't need a brain since she's overpowered and just wins by punching harder. As stupid as it was Hunter decided to seek her out it was funny he provided 90% of the brain activity on the job. She never would have survived the Space Crocodile attack like something straight out of Archer. It's like rather than waiting for a "tracker" she was waiting for someone who can think she could bully around into completing the Job. The Mantis Species was cool though and the takedown was a great action piece.

Yeah, I had that, "WTF" reaction to Hunter thinking it was a good idea go seek out Fennic for information. Come on Phee, give them info for a random bounty hunter they have never encountered before. That would be much smarter. But Fennic is supposed to be a renowned bounty hunter at this stage (I think) and I think the writers intend to play Hunter as desperate to protect Omega from the Empire at this stage owing to previous seasons. I don't know if any of that is earned since Hunter has been a stagnant character from the second cour of season 1 onward and routinely allowed Omega into harm's way since he can't say "no". However it was nice to have an episode with Omega in the backseat. Wrecker and Hunter both grappled with past failures or tough decisions in the present. Money is a farse to Hunter that leads to nothing good. That's not manipulating Hunter anymore. He's trying his best to help Omega.

I enjoyed the subplot with Crosshair's hand. Omega trying to help him with it was sweet and it shows maturity that she didn't fight to get on the Marauder. Showing Crosshair meditation will be relevant later with the inworld mystery of M-Count the defective clones face. I wonder if we'll have round two of Crosshair calling out Hunter's ineffective leadership as he seemed unimpressed realizing the scope of The Bad Batch's travels that Omega has been to Kashyyyk instead of laying low all along.

The buildup is for what comes next. Fennic's information will come in the form of a visit from whoever she contacted. I think it is overwhelmingly Ventress. Cad Bane is probably one of Bounty Hunters going after M-Cell targets. But the writers could surprise me and flip it around. This sounds like the "Children of the Force", and "The Future of the Force" overarching subplot getting tied in with Hemlock's experiments. Maybe they will tie into the Hidden Path.

Alarinne likes this.
  17. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I think wrecker dying would honestly be sadder than Tech and I like Wrecker way less than I liked Tech.

18. Sproj

Sproj Jedi Master star 4

Mar 18, 2019
    This was ‘bad territory’ - stay away from it show, too many Cid vibes of boring missions that you forget was part of the season.

19. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Still progressed the plot

20. Ghost Ryder

Ghost Ryder Jedi Master star 4

Jan 16, 2016
    That's part of what made it work for me; it felt more significant than any given job from Cid. I like the Class-1 designation, too.

21. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Grading poll is live.
    Have you watched "Bad Territory" yet? Did you like it? Did you hate it? Did you not give a **** at all? Let us know.
    Click your grade and if you want, be a critic and let us know why!
    Note: This poll will close one week from now.​

22. Jedi Master Frizzy

Jedi Master Frizzy Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
  23. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    10 what can I say I am a sucker for this show

Ody_Mandrell likes this.
  24. Bibliora

Bibliora Jedi Knight star 3

May 24, 2023
    Fennec could have contacted Bane, but my bet is on Ventress.

25. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    I gave the episode a 9/10. I at least thought it was fun. And I really like Fennic's character.

So you get the feeling this is the episode that will lead to Ventress getting into the picture. Hunter and Wrecker go out on their own to find out while the Empire wants Omega, and meet Fennic. You figure one bounty hunter certainly knows the others big shots; and if any of them are going after individuals with large M-counts, it would be Ventress. You'd assume by the end there'd be some revelation who it is that Fennic was going to refer the clones to, but it's still a mystery. And then it leads to a twist where apparently whomever she was going to refer will be going after the target (Omega) herself). Hopefully next week picks up right where this one left off and we see that revelation.