main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Bad Batch The Bad Batch Season 1 Discussion (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Apr 19, 2021.

1. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Eventually... I don't have to worry about being disappointed about my favorite guy appearing anyways. And until then I've got plenty of Echo to look forward to. Really I've gotten pretty attached to all five of the guys, still counting poor Crosshair who is out there somewhere. And Omega is great. Between Hunter, Tech and Wrecker surprisingly enough I have a hard time picking a favorite now. Anytime Hunter is being best Dad and acting all heroic he's my favorite. He had some great banter with Rafa. Anytime Tech is just being Tech and all meta he's my favorite. Any time Wrecker is smashing stuff or being Omega's big brother he's my favorite.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2021
    darthfettus2015 likes this.
  2. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    The only reason I really don’t want her showing up at least right now is because I just want some of the books to be respected.

3. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Who is your alls vote for favorite Bad Batcher and why?

My absolute favorite is still going to be Echo. That may not be far because Echo has more development coming from TCW. Miraculously the last of the Dominos. He's shed the skin of his former life and started again with the Bad Batch. He's worse for wear. Like 70% cyborg and 100% curmudgeon. He's gotten more ruthless, wittier, and holy hell he can smash the opposition with just one little blaster since he only has one hand. Sometimes Echo seems out of place. He can still be by the book. But he's the ARC Trooper, well-traveled, savvier, versatile, and stealthy. I agree with what was said in another thread Echo is growing into the 2nd in command. Even better where I thought he would get along the least with Omega and he still doesn't always seem to have the greatest amount of patience with her. Echo is becoming her mentor.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2021
  4. darthfettus2015

darthfettus2015 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2012
    Vader breathing on the ep7 teaser.. wasn't expecting that...love the civil war is beginning line too.. excited.. 49 years old.. for a cartoon.. lol bring it on

whostheBossk and Vader Bob like this.
  5. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    That's a fan trailer, not official, so don't get your hopes up.

cwustudent likes this.
  6. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Wrecker is growing on me but Echo is still the greatest

I am not looking forward to what will happen with Wrecker

Last edited: Jun 7, 2021
    Seerow likes this.
  7. darthfettus2015

Nov 15, 2012
    hate fan trailers so bad lol

cwustudent likes this.
  8. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Can you mind sharing this one I am curious how good it is

9. Vader Bob

Vader Bob Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 8, 2020
    Does Crosshair count? If so, that's mine. He brings a measure of seriousness to an otherwise silly cast of characters.

Echo too although I think he's been under utilized a bit considering the screen time.

10. darthfettus2015

Nov 15, 2012
    yeh i like crosshair too.

11. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Of course he counts. He was apart of the bad batch

12. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Perfectly. I like that you included a pick for the other four.

I don't think Echo is that under utilized anymore. I don't think any of the characters are going to get their own focus episodes. He's had great moments teaching Omega to use the bow. He took the lead over Tech this time. Last episode Echo taunting his captors was a high light. I would like to see Echo have a hand to hand fight though.

13. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Yea Exho has been a lot more Useful lately and I am glad he is getting his share

14. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I would say Hunter, Echo, and Wrecker have each gotten decent development. Crosshair too obviously. Tech is the least developed since his personality is entirely based around being a Tech superbrain introvert. He may never grow beyond that. Hunter has room to be the conflicted leader. Wrecker has a soft side perhaps more determined than Hunter to get the info on who is after Omega and eat. With hidden depth he figured out bribes and the fundamentals of Bounty hunting. That softness and determination to protect Omega underlines the tragedy of what's happening to him. Tech is just tech.

15. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Echo slip of the fingers. I appreciated seeing battle droids again. I would love for them to team up with the bad batch again in a future episode

16. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid Force Ghost star 6

Mar 13, 2014
    Tech has an unusual balance of personality traits. He has a know it all - detached - arrogance. At the same time he doesn’t seem to take himself too seriously or take disagreements or being rudely cut off as personal insults. So he’s got an ego of sorts about what he knows but not a huge ego about himself. He’s got a lot in common with the battle droids that way.

But Tech isn’t a droid. I think that’s where his character development and change can come from. If his world view is shaken enough for him to see there is way less he knows about the universe than what he doesn’t know. That could wake up his emotions or have him take an interest in living through experience - not just learning facts and figures.

That’s the sort of personal revelation brought about from self awareness - removal of a mind control chip isn’t needed.

17. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I don't think Tech is stoic as it is. He has moments where he looked dejected like when Saw confronted the group with the truth of who CF99 was sent to destroy. Or in this last episode when Trace is grilling Hunter for not asking questions where the intel is going. He also has moments of frustration. He even has moments of warmth with Omega like pushing her chair.

I think your right about the balance of his traits since Tech still manages to be both compelling and endearing. That's a good and likely idea for Tech getting growth through his worldview shaking. Or maybe pushed into a situation where he has to prevail and figures, facts aren't enough. Like winding up in a situation where it's just him and Omega so he alone has to save her.

The tragedy of the mind control chip is if it's not removed, whatever development he gets may be gone in that moment. Maybe it's the chip that will shake his worldview since he is a genius. Like people who get Alzheimer'ss and are able to realize what is happening to their mind. His experience will be unique.

18. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Tech is also obviously which I loved. A few episodes ago he said something along the lines of “it would be great if you had told us. And not with any hint of realization that he does the same thing

19. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Lol, that was funny when he called Echo out for withholding that he'd never actually met Cid. Tech's "Or maybe Cid was arrested for numerous health code violations?" was pretty funny that episode too and silly considering how filthy their barracks and ship are supposed to be. Wreckers, "Great plan Echo." cracks me up too. It is cool to think Echo probably did go there at some point during the war. Getting intel from Cid actually seems like something Anakin would do.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  20. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid Force Ghost star 6

Mar 13, 2014
    That gets me thinking about Tech’s chip. This is speculation - not picking up clues from the series. What if Tech’s special ability isn’t that he’s a genius. Instead it’s that his brain is uniquely able to interface with an inhibitor chip making him a human web browser of information.

If Tech removes the chip controlling him he is also removing his genius intelligence. Maybe that’s a choice he needs to make. Or it’s not a choice he predicted - and his genius intelligence is gone when he wakes up.

21. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Nah I think the only one to have a chip trouble will be Wrecker

22. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I think all of them will get their chips removed though. Hunter is gonna wind up looking like Butthead with the right side of his head shaved. Removal of the chip seems to cause some sort of brain damage. At least I fanon that's why Rex is sometimes a little dumber in Rebels. So, Tech may have his own problems with it.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  23. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Oh definitely I only think Wreckers will activate though which I am dreading but also looking forward to

24. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    Warning.

Jedi Knight Fett and Snafu55 like this.
  25. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    if by new you mean a repaint