main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Bad Batch The Bad Batch Season 1 Discussion (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Apr 19, 2021.

1. Commander DuctTape

Commander DuctTape Jedi Padawan star 1

Apr 4, 2021
    Seconding the return of Hondo. He was one of my favorite "antagonists" ever since CW, and he was pretty great in rebels too.. though I kinda disliked his model there. Hopefully for the Bad Batch they'll keep his CW look. IF he comes back.

2. clone commander bossk

clone commander bossk Ostrich Velocity Expert star 5

Nov 5, 2019
    I imagine they created the AT-RT just for the toy.

3. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    It wouldn’t be the first time

clone commander bossk likes this.
  4. Devizz

Devizz Jedi Master star 3

Apr 30, 2014
    I've put a lot of effort into this one, over 11 minutes long with a fair share of editing. I'd really appreciate it if you checked it out and left a comment.

Episode 7 is quite possibly my 2nd favourite one, after the pilot. This series is shaping up to be really darn good.

5. Vader Bob

Vader Bob Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 8, 2020
    This show is really picking up after what was a slow start for me. Love seeing the tie ins to the greater SWs franchise.

6. SW77

SW77 Jedi Youngling

Jun 14, 2021
    How do they wash their clothes like what they wear under their uniform ?
    & does the ship have a bathroom/shower ?
    How does all that work ?

7. Vinylshadow

Vinylshadow Jedi Master star 3

Sep 3, 2017
    Most ships have a refresher to take care of hygiene

8. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    It's funny the Razor Crest was an endearing ship with how humble it seemed. Then the Havoc Marauder comes along and folks are wondering if these guys have been peeing in bottles. The Bad Batch's ship isn't old and cool. It flat out looks like that last ship anyone wants to try to live in, let alone four or five men and now a girl.

If you look around Omega's room, the turret. There seems to be a small corridor to the right which characters have disappeared into. Maybe bunks are on that side. I think it would be cool if there was a setup where there were pods in there like a capsule hotel. No idea what's back there. So, unless Hunter was literally talking about the chairs which there seem to be at least six of those non-recliners on the ship. Those things seem only a fraction better than trying to sleep on the metal benches Frontier Airlines calls seats. There have to be at least 4 racks and nobody cared where Echo was sleeping but since Omega is a kid forced to sleep on the floor with Gonky for a pillow that's terrible. Omega is the only one who didn't have a place to sleep before Uncle Wrecker fixed that. Tech spoke of the existence of racks before. It would be adorable if Omega had a nightmare in one episode and ended up trying to sleep with one of them.

On the left, there is a small door that might be a lavatory. I don't know it's large enough for a shower so maybe the Batchers don't smell great.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2021
    cwustudent likes this.
  9. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    I think if the Starwars label was not slapped on this show people would be far more critical than they have been.
    I enjoyed the first episode of the show but since then my opinion has been lowering. Nothing has really happened since the first episode, its all starting to get a bit boring, with pointless side quests, the characters aren't really doing anything and basically in limbo and what's with the desert style backdrop everywhere they go. Is that necessary can't they change it up ?
    While Wrecker is incredibly annoying as a character, he really isn't helping the show. Maybe the kids love him I don't know.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2021
    Def Trooper and nilzo antonio like this.
  10. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015
    I don't mind the show, but to be honest, it isn't my favorite either.

11. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Maybe I'm enjoying this show more cuz I'm a Clone fan and this is like getting a big clone arc. There is a sense finality that this is it for Clone stories unless Rex gets his own show.

I want to believe there is more and I do. The animation is off the charts. The music is good. I like how the writing feels like a hybrid between TCW's Anthology monster of the week style and The Mandalorians deliberately slow endless build up always introducing something new to the plot each episode. It makes each quest feel connected and like it's going somewhere. Each episode provides a snapshot into how the Empire is slowly but relentlessly changing the galaxy. Those details often hide in quick moments in the back ground. This does not feel like Rebels which is faster paced and laser focused on character development and getting to a destination.

The time spent on character focused episodes with one or two getting spotlight was Rebels greatest strength and is the worst thing about The Bad Batch. It says something Rex comes along and I'm far more interested in what he does than any of the Batchers. I do like them as characters. I love Echo. Best Dad Hunter , Omega, and even Uncle Wrecker have depth and have gotten some development but I do miss episodes focusing on one or two characters which would allow for quality time with the characters and their development. TCW also did these kinds of episodes. With only 9 episodes left if this is a limited series there just isn't time for that. I hope that is not the case because even with a decent ending which could still be tragic enough there will be a lot of potential left behind. Thats probably where this loses fans. More character focus would also strengthen the lore in a story about clones after the war. The lore is also in the back seat which is a critique.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2021
    Sproj, Grey Matter and DarthKreVass like this.
  12. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Nah, I like the show because it’s good. Resistance also had the Star Wars label and it didn’t stop it from being pretty bad overall. I also like Wrecker. ;)

13. DarthKreVass

DarthKreVass Jedi Grand Master star 3

Dec 27, 2008
    Out of all the SW media, I could not get into Resistance. After years of TCW/Rebels, I could not get past the animation. It's is the only SW show/movie/media that I actually dislike. The ST, I like, just less than the other movies/TV/media. But Resistance... nope. Dislike it.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2021
  14. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    Hopefully, he won't be a disappointment like he was in Rebels.

More TCW Hondo and less Rebels Hondo.

IMHO.

15. DarthKreVass

DarthKreVass Jedi Grand Master star 3

Dec 27, 2008
    Yeah, loved Hondo in TCW. Best new character introduced in TCW (IMO). His character was a bit clownish in Rebels for my tastes.

InterestingLurker likes this.
  16. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I can just imagine an exchange between Hondo and Cid.

17. clone commander bossk

clone commander bossk Ostrich Velocity Expert star 5

Nov 5, 2019
    Revealed in Vintage Collection: Captain Ballast

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

whostheBossk, Snafu55 and Jamie1001 like this.
  18. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
  19. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Some of these really break the title trend makes me hope this is a rumor and it's wrong.
    And mention of Ryloth fills me with hope and dread.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2021
  20. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    War Mantle is where its at.

21. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    But it is a Star Wars show. This is one of those complaints that never makes much sense to me. If you remove Star Wars from a Star Wars movie/show, it would be something completely different. The galaxy, the Force, and all the different factions are integral to the stories being told. If you removed those things from The Bad Batch the show would barely be recognizable. Which also points to the fact that the Star Wars label wasn't "slapped on" the show.

There's also this:
    Resistance was a Star Wars show that wasn't very kindly looked at at all, which further disproves the point that people will just like anything and everything because it has the Star Wars logo on it.
    Personally, I've never even bothered to finish Resistance, as I didn't like it at all, while I absolutely adore The Bad Batch.

22. SW77

SW77 Jedi Youngling

Jun 14, 2021
    Why do some posts have spoiler tags since spoilers are allowed.
    One of the reasons i came here was because other places used so many spoiler tags it was getting annoying to keep clinking them just to read the thread.
    That happens here too ?

Last edited: Jun 16, 2021
    cwustudent likes this.
  23. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Spoiler tags are the best of both worlds. They allow people who want to to discuss spoilers, but they also allow people who don't want spoilers to participate in the conversations.

24. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I'm terrible with spoilers. I just go with the flow. But I think it's common courtesy to spoiler tag more major plot details. Episode titles aren't much of a spoiler but when one has a big detail in it like a place the characters are going that could be a through line all bets are off.

That would be third episode the finale.

25. starfish

starfish Chosen One star 5

Oct 9, 2003
    my t-shirt says Star Wars on it

hmm, I wonder if that’s why I bought it :p