main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Bad Batch The Bad Batch Season 1 Discussion (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Apr 19, 2021.

1. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    As I said here is hoping they do get more developed

2. Vinylshadow

Vinylshadow Jedi Master star 3

Sep 3, 2017
    His chip probably got damaged when he got flash-fried by an engine

3. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    It would be wild if Crosshair fried himself on purpose to try and damage the chip.

4. QUIGONMIKE

QUIGONMIKE Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 5, 2009
    Well, thats a little true. We still have more to go. I find the Batch to be one-note as I said. Just not a ton going on there, at least yet.

Yeah - as said below by JKF, Wrecker is starting to get a little personality mixed in with the meat-head persona. There is potential there. Hunter hasnt changed much, IMO. Hes still the more stoic type with the usual orders-based/duty-based behavioral choices. He's a textbook soldier. Again, the show isnt over and there is a little there. Omega is the current star though. And, Hera is yet another good add-in that could steal more spotlight. We'll have to see obviously how this plays out.

Yes - this is true. He's got more to work with than any of the other Batchers, IMO.

5. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I guess it all comes back to the coping mechanism of staying close to what you are and what you know for Hunter. Because these guys just didn't know anything when they deserted. I still think Hunter will get something major by the ending of the season. Tech and Echo at this point will probably wait until season 2. Tech seems like the hardest to develop but all they have to do is stick him in a situation he can't just research his way out of, like being the sole person available to protect Omega from a very dangerous foe.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2021
    QUIGONMIKE likes this.
  6. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018

Maul coming soon!?

whostheBossk and Erkan12 like this.
  7. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Nah timing doesn’t make sense

8. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Hah, Howzer's crew cut is awesome.

Witwer said, get ready for a big surprise. Twitter certainly jumped on the Maul bandwagon. I'm not sure. Maul is way too OP for the Bad Batch to realistically deal with. Unless he starts using them...

cwustudent likes this.
  9. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I could see Maul reveal at the end of season 1 or hint. I'm sure we will see more of the underworld soon enough. And Maul and Crimson Dawn are the big game in town.

Alarinne, Grey Matter and Erkan12 like this.
  10. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    "Hmmm... Clone Force 99 was it? I like your color choice. Bandana was it? What do you say we join forces and wage war against Sidi... I mean the Empire together."

Last edited: Jul 18, 2021
    Sproj likes this.
  11. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    For it to be Maul would be an obvious giveaway. for Witwer to say there is a surprise coming, and for him to be the one to say it, would instantly make people think its Maul. which then means that its not really a surprise anymore. it would be the most obvious option.

I mean i suppose he could be voicing Palpatine.

12. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    Sam regularly chimes in when producers tweet about the show because obviously he's an alumni and he knows a lot of people working on the show, including one of his closer friends Dave Collins. This tweet came across to me as sarcastic, referring to the voice work of Dee as Howzer. Because everyone knows who voices the clones and the lesser known "KK" was joking about what makes Howzer so compelling after complimenting Vanessa Marshall's voice acting.

13. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    Maul showing up at some point is a reasonably safe bet. He’s always been a popular character and they gave us Kanan, Cut and Rex literally within the first three episodes, so sure I don’t see why not. At the moment I’m more interested where they’re going with Captain Howser. He seems to have been completely unaffected by Order 66. I’d be curious to know why.

14. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    The surprise could be more what Maul does. Just like Howzer, not dying was a surprise. I wonder if Crimson Dawn would do anything if the Empire suddenly invaded Ord Mantell coming after Clone Force 99. With his sources, Maul might get ahead of the curve and have someone run them off. I still think it would be interesting if instead of immediately being a bad guy Maul recruits these naive suckers and uses them. Imagine the fight Hunter would get into with Rex if he decides "This is the way" to keep his squad safe. To side with power and the guy who brought that Venator down killing all those men.

Sproj and Grey Matter like this.
  15. Sproj

Sproj Jedi Master star 4

Mar 18, 2019
    It would make a lot of sense for Maul to show up when you think about it. He is a rival to Sidious, albeit nowhere near the same level but still, he knows what is going on with the clones, he needs/wants an army/mercenaries to do his underworld thing and essentially, this is what the Batch have become. Interestingly too, it would provide quite a moral conundrum if they have to choose between Maul, empire or rebellion.

16. Ghost Ryder

Ghost Ryder Jedi Master star 4

Jan 16, 2016
    From the Rescue on Ryloth trivia gallery:
    This makes me a bit worried that we won't be seeing the family again.

17. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I can see this in bad batch in season 4 or 5.

18. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Hmm... "The limits of the clone trooper's programming -- and their loyalty to the Empire vs the Republic -- is making itself clear in this episode, as we see Captain Howzer lead a small revolt." This sounds like the word of god the Inhibitor Chips are simply wearing off or maybe the Clones are adapting to them and regaining free will. Howzer's chip would have been expected to kick back in when confronted with known traitors Hunter and Echo if it was functioning correctly.

And it does sound more doubtful that we'll return to Ryloth but the word used is "continues" meaning the Free Ryloth movement could still start in The Bad Batch.

I also like how Orn Free Tea's shuttle pretty mutch has a posh private jet-like interior but that thing is first prize for the ugliest ship in the galaxy.

It is probably worth noting that while it's likely we'll get more seasons of The Bad Batch, maybe not right away. There is the possibility another animated series is in the pipe line as well.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2021
    Sproj likes this.
  19. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    It's just a reference to Total Recall, whose main character is named Hauser. He's already said in the past that Maul won't be in S1 why would he now suddenly start teasing it? It's just some reference humor.

20. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    My thoughts exactly.

The thing is, we know from canon that there were clone troopers serving the Empire on active duty for years after ROTS. There were even few clone troopers still left working for the Empire during the OT era.

21. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Going the Jurassic Park route and going with adaption is one explanation. Like the lysine contingency where animals adapted. Some Clones may have simply learned how to think around the inhibitor chip the longer it was running them which wouldn't be something all clones can do. Intelligence does not seem to be something they are all equals with. Or, how to manipulate the inhibitor chip and select which orders to lock onto. But, maybe it's circumstantial, and had someone said out loud, "Clone Force 99 helped a Jedi Padawan escape out loud." it would have flipped that switch in Howzer to try to execute Hunter and Echo.

22. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    Could be.

Or some clones simply agree with the Empire and/or like working for it. They are all individuals, so some of them probably decided to stay loyal to the Empire even after the chip stopped working.

Sproj likes this.
  23. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    No doubt some will decide to work for the Empire. Some will not. There was a pretty even split after Howzer's speech. Crosshair's entire motivation could be siding with whoever's more fun for him to troll.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2021
    MrDarth0 and Sproj like this.
  24. FiveFireRings

FiveFireRings Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2017
    I'm definitely Team Crosshair Is A Putz With Or Without The Chip because that's more fun, but SW does like its redemption arcs so I don't rule that out as the endgame.

25. QUIGONMIKE

QUIGONMIKE Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 5, 2009
    Ah yes, the redemption arc! Maybe they won’t do that this time though? I’d prefer Crosshair to stay as is or take the mercenary route as you described.