main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Bad Batch The Bad Batch Season 1 Discussion (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Apr 19, 2021.

1. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Oh totally I just don’t think they are at that base

2. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Doesn't have to be ones we know. Not expecting Slick to randomly turn up. Could introduce some new Clones that way.

3. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    Not Slick but Dogma maybe, i think many secondary clones who appeared in one episode are likley. Boil,Dogma, Slick, any others.

4. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    They could do something like Vaughn who didn't do much til he was dead and that still hurt when that bridge dropped.

clone commander bossk likes this.
  5. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018

Teasing the end!

6. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    "Loyalty means everything to the clones." -Anakin Skywalker.

TadoFett and Jedi Knight Fett like this.
  7. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Stuff is gonna go down

TadoFett likes this.
  8. DLCV

DLCV Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 14, 2020
  9. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Ehhh. Would have rather seen them try something new or revisit the unmade TCW eps. It’s been all character development for Omega/Hunter with very little story.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2021
    Def Trooper and silentfault like this.
  10. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    That's kinda the point of multiple seasons, gives them room to breathe.

11. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    I see your point, but it you are going to do that, then flesh out Echo, Tech, and Wrecker too. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the show. I love that it feels like an extension of TCW too while being its own thing. It just moves a bit *too* slowly for me at times. The best episodes are the ones where the overall Kamino plot takes the driver's seat, like the Cad Bane episodes, because it feels like anything could happen.

Def Trooper and darkspine10 like this.
  12. silentfault

silentfault Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 5, 2021
    Was it, though? Hunter hasn't changed at all since the first episode. He was still a reluctant coward in the latest episode, with Omega needing to convince him to do something worthy, again. Rex showed up and offered him a real sense of purpose and duty, but Hunter declined it for some reason, and resorted to doing pointless merc jobs, because? "It's best for his squad?" They are soldiers of the Republic, first and foremost. But all of that sense of loyalty and duty was completely sidelined, with only a glimpse of it from Howzer and other regular clones, but not our protagonists, who completely got over it after the first episode.
    Omega hasn't changed as well, unless you count her learning "skills," such as shooting a bow, piloting, explosives. Personality-wise, she remained the same. And Echo was just criminally underused.
    And Crosshair not bothering with them at all.
    "Requesting permission to hunt them down."
    "Granted."
    *chills on Kamino in the next episode*
    Oh, and of course only half of one episode dedicated to Crosshair. The third one. They couldn't even dedicate an entire episode to him, they had to mix it with Omega retrieving a capacitor from some animal, because their ship crashed. Completely irrelevant and pointless side plot.
    IDK, this season really fell flat to me. Not sure if the finale can change that, because I simply can't bring myself to care about the characters, like at all. Too much trandoshan lady merc missions, too little actual substance and cerebral stuff.

Def Trooper and DarthRamRod like this.
  13. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I see next season 2 to be heavily into the underworld of crime.

TadoFett likes this.
  14. Commander DuctTape

Commander DuctTape Jedi Padawan star 1

Apr 4, 2021
    Honestly I am glad we're getting a second season, cause there's *way too much* dangling plot threads to resolve just in two 25 minute episodes. Sure the first season might not have been the tv show of the decade, but Rebels started out rather rough too and it ended up being a pretty banging good show in the end. Although it may have been a better idea to wait with this announcement until the last episode aired, cause now we know the entire main cast won't get axed off just yet.

Sproj likes this.
  15. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Don’t know how anyone could have thought there wouldn’t be a second season

16. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    And it won't just be it, count on 3rd and 4th season.

TadoFett likes this.
  17. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Rebels is a great example of what this could be. I would argue Rebels took to the third season to find its feet which is where it gets better to me.

If you want to experience a sequel that really is the definition of endless filler (and I hate that term because to me it implies deviation from the source material. In both cases there is arguably no source material to deviate from), nothing happens, wrecks 558 chapters or 218 episodes (with 38 being real filler) of world-building, contributes nothing to the lore. characters do not develop, ruins a good ending and like Rex here Sesshomaru is still the most interesting character. But the writers don't seem to grasp there needs to be more to the titular characters than just being his kids. Watch Yashahime. And yeah, somehow it's got a second season coming.

The Bad Batch is an excellent sequel to The Clone Wars. Glad to hear there will be a season 2 and this wonderful animation style will continue to live and grow. The news really brightens my day. There may eventually be another TCW arc made and all the advancements we see in The Bad Batch will benefit that. I've had fun with this show. It is no TCW, not as cerebral but then again none of the other shows have been for me. As a clone fan, it still feels like one long clone arc, and I hope to have a good long run with them before it's time to say a last goodbye. There is a sense of finality once the end of the series does come.

Season 1 has been build-up for the foundation of the rest of the series just like Season 1 of The Mandalorian. Ofcourse, season 2 is still largely that. Its world building, finding their place and their humanity rather than about fighting the empire yet. Each episode of The Bad Batch introduced something new or in the case of Ryloth reintroduced old characters for future plot points. That each episode involves a Mercenary mission or extraction-type mission is not different from The Mandalorian's quests or TCW's Monster of the Day formula.

TCW never moved away from Monsters of the Day just got way better at breaking the mold so it was less obvious. That's one of the reasons the "Deception Arc" was awesome. I hope to see the likes of Brent Friedman and Katie Lucas back on the writing team in season 2. I think The Bad Batch is going to be a long runner. There is plenty of room for Echo, Tech, Wrecker, and yes Hunter to get more development. That's provided there isn't a twist and someone dies in the next two episodes.

Hunter had the groundwork laid to become a surprisingly complex character early in the season. He was a hero and has a choked-down honor code which is what Omega keeps tripping him on. Just watch his actions in "Cornered" where once civilians get hurt or killed Hunter really doubles down and quickly takes Fennec down. But after episode 8 the season got more episodic, more like TCW season one with The Mandalorian's lamer parts mixed in so it did stall out a little. They just need to find a better balance or stick to channeling TCW and Rebels more than The Mandalorian because The Bad Batch squad is not one guy and an infant. They are too many characters to balance to work long in that style.

Hunter's decision to stay on the run seems to be based on a belief that they should stay off the Empire's radar and lay low against bounty hunters but there are no free lunches so they keep on taking Mercenary work that leads to conflict with the Empire. With Cid, he's found a safe zone to be on autopilot. Hunter's Heroic Safe Mode may have been all about avoiding having to face Crosshair who was left behind and let down. Now here they are, face to face. What will happen? Can't wait...

TadoFett, DLCV, Sproj and 2 others like this.
  18. Huncrweo

Huncrweo Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 3, 2020
    Oddly enough, I have the opposite criticism. A lot has happened in the season narratively, but I don't think the characters themselves have progressed much beyond the initial few episodes.

The Shadow Emperor and Alarinne like this.
  19. Def Trooper

Def Trooper Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 6, 2019
    I held off watching War-Mantle for almost a week, especially once I heard there were more cameos in it. I eventually got around to it, and I just wanna say the main characters are becoming dangerously one-note. Seems like the past 4-5 episodes have all started with:

1) Person needs help.
    2) Hunter's all like "No, it's too dangerous, we have a mission for Cid to finish."
    3) Then Omega is all like "But Huntaaah, we have to help them!"
    4) Someone on the team goes "She's right..."
    5) Hunter goes "Okay, whatever."

I was able to predict this conversation almost perfectly in the latest episode, and it infuriated me so badly I almost stopped watching right then and there, but I wanted to see Scorch (or the Scorch-like Unnamed Commando) so I guess the cameos are serving their purpose.

Anyway, I ended up enjoying the episode, largely because we again finally got main plot progression alongside the neat cameos and worldbuilding. And I like that Hunter is now separated from the rest of the batch and under Crosshair's custody going into the finale, so now they really have no choice but to give us lasting consequences. Here's hoping.

MrDarth0 and Sarge like this.
  20. Sproj

Sproj Jedi Master star 4

Mar 18, 2019
    I'm loving this show and maybe that's because I don't have specific expectations, I am happy to go along for the ride and I am aware it isn't without faults but for a season 1, it has been overall really good. I hope this runs 4 or 5 seasons at least.

21. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I am so hyped for this final

22. Sproj

Sproj Jedi Master star 4

Mar 18, 2019
    It has been a cracking first season overall. Many first seasons have teething issues and so did this to an extent but overall, just really, really high quality.

23. Ghost Ryder

Ghost Ryder Jedi Master star 4

Jan 16, 2016
    Still disagree on Rebels' first season; I think it's endearing, insightful, and cohesive. While I think TBB has been less consistently enjoyable, a second season is great news! I watched the new episode not knowing this, so seeing "Finale Part I" on D+ made me a little worried this could've been the only season (but then the actual title reassured me). And I definitely don't mind if this confirms no major death. I want these characters to stick around and develop more.

Also, next year's really going to be packed with content.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2021
    TadoFett and Sproj like this.
  24. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I like Rebels first season but overall this season has more memorable episodes

TadoFett likes this.
  25. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Ok, so speculation time who do you think we will see not seen yet on bad batch in the finale, Rebels had Ahsoka and Darth Vader. CLone Wars had Cad Bane introduction. I think we might see the emperor in hologram as he's very mutch interested in cloning. Ahsoka 50/50, Wolfe, Darth Vader, Krennic?

TadoFett likes this.