main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Bad Batch The Bad Batch Season 2 Discussion (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Sep 2, 2021.

1. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

[:D]

I do think TROS novelization is probably how Lucasfilm sees the Lore internally given they've stuck with most of it unless Filoni has a different idea in mind.

(I still think the chances of Cboath showing up are still low....If anything i could see a mad Mace Windu clone showing up first)

2. SyndicThrass

SyndicThrass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 25, 2016
    I think if they go the route of a clone force user, C’Baoths easier to do rather than clones of Ezra or Mace. Since there’s no baggage with C’Baoth or deep history they need to explain to the audience.

It’s also why I think the character works better as an original figure rather a clone of Kenobi like Zahn originally envisioned before LFL made him change it.

3. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Eh i say use a established character than make a new one in all honesty.

If people wanna learn the deep history go watch the Disney + shows there all there.

It's honestly why I'm ok with giving the audience some "Homework" for things that can be easily accessible ...especially all you have to do is just watch a Disney + show.

4. SyndicThrass

Sep 25, 2016
    I think things get a bit stale when you just constantly draw from the movies. (Plus cloning can come off real ridiculous if you don’t handle it right, hence why we probably won’t get Luuke in canon.)

When pulling from books and comics there’s a factor of not having seen it before on screen, makes it more interesting and fun I think.

Riv_Shiel likes this.
  5. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Well...will just have to say how much they pull at his point....I'm 50/50 on whether they actually do it but stranger things have happened.

6. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    Snoke's origin story is coming and Palpatine's clones.

7. clone commander bossk

clone commander bossk Ostrich Velocity Expert star 5

Nov 5, 2019
    They're not just remaking heir to the empire, they're more original than that.

cwustudent likes this.
  8. SeparatistFan

SeparatistFan Jedi Master star 3

Oct 19, 2012
    Considering we are going to see the Imperial Senate in Season 2 I hope she shows up, maybe the Bad Batch have to rescue her or something?

9. The Empire_59

The Empire_59 Jedi Padawan

Apr 1, 2022
    Well, my biggest expectation since Coruscant is confirmed to appear is to finally see some scenes in the Imperial Senate with some prequels and TCW characters (Bail Organa, Mon Mothma, Mas Amedda, Riyo Chuchi…). We already saw Orn Free Taa in season 1, so there’s a good chance.

10. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I’d take it

SyndicThrass likes this.
  11. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    Went to a local convention today and took this cosplay pic.[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

2Cleva and clone commander bossk like this.
  12. Konrad Pietrzak

Konrad Pietrzak Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 6, 2020
    Amendments usually expire during the premiere of the next movie, or the same, because they are based on an earlier version of the script. I guess even other books are "higher" than the movie revisions

SyndicThrass likes this.
  13. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    I just realized I'd meant to post this in the Mandalorian thread (duh). If a mod can repost it, I'd appreciate it.

14. Konrad Pietrzak

Konrad Pietrzak Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 6, 2020
    Sorry its my English.
    I mean novelization, not Amendments.

SyndicThrass likes this.
  15. SyndicThrass

Sep 25, 2016
    I think you’re probably right.

16. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Yeah but aren't the Novelizations for the Movies NOW a days after the movie is out?

I know TROS novelization was AFTER the movie came out and was based off more the final product and whatever Storygroup and apparently Chris Terrio's own Worldbuiding came into play.

17. SyndicThrass

Sep 25, 2016
    I recall TLJ’s novelisation released post-film too. A lot of the lore introduced in that didn’t get followed up by Terrio.

18. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Well...Whether or not their gonna square that circle of Snoke having memories and being a Palpatine strand cast is who knows.

I still say TROS novelization takes president right now given it's the last one of the Sequels and now whatever that one says goes.

TFA's novel at this point whether not even count...although the Political situation has more or less stuck.

I mean who knows? Maybe Mando will say Snoke is something else or some other other will do a Snoke book that takes all aspects of it.

clone commander bossk likes this.
  19. SyndicThrass

Sep 25, 2016
    I think at the heart of it, the films are the canon version. The novelisations and the comic adaptations are just something extra, for people who want to relive the story in a different media, so I don’t take them too seriously.

20. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018

Maybe we could see it on The Bad Batch or another animated show.

21. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I think it’s a natural progression for Filoni. Honestly I think the days of animation are behind him. Sure he’s still the “head of animation” or whatever his title is. But I get the feeling he is just there being like hey let’s make a show about the bad batch and just leaving it to everyone else. Basically his name is attached to these because you know there are some Filoni fanatics who will watch anything his name is attached to. It’s good marketing.

Django Fett and Bor Mullet like this.
  22. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    Those ideas for DF Mando series will have been repurposed and further developed for TM.

23. clone commander bossk

clone commander bossk Ostrich Velocity Expert star 5

Nov 5, 2019
    So i happen to be related to a star wars concept artist who's name i won't meantion just in case. They on the animated shows and while i was visiting them last year I saw some of the art for this. The code name was something like espo and the art included Satine in mando armour, Satine and young Obi-Wan and Qui-gon, mando fighting other mandos and jedi starfighters above mandalore. There might've been more, but that's all i remember. So it seems to me likeit would've been about the civil war on mandalore pre TPM and the jedi pretecting Satine.

I know this sounds crazy, but it's all true.

Last edited: May 21, 2022
  24. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I would totally love a prequel with young Obi-wan and Satine.

25. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    A whole show about the Kenobi and Satine romance and Qui-Gon dealing with Death Watch. Jango and his Mandalorian clan. We could see so mutch of this one year civil war that changed Mandalore forever.

Last edited: May 22, 2022