main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Bad Batch The Bad Batch Season 2 Discussion (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Sep 2, 2021.

1. SyndicThrass

SyndicThrass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 25, 2016
    He strikes me as a very disposable villain that the Bad Batch can kill to have a solid victory over the Empire, like Governor Pryce in Rebels.

2. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    I dont know he seems too important to kill off this early and is mutch smarter then governor Pryce. He is a high ranking Admiral that helps builds the fundation if the empire. I also think having him around for long would be a good thing.

3. SyndicThrass

Sep 25, 2016
    I mean, Governor Pryce was important too. As was the Grand Inquisitor. But they got killed off because these shows can’t kill off the bigger characters like Tarkin, Vader, Thrawn or Palpatine, so they need to make villains that can be defeated and done away with so that the heroes and the audience can have catharsis in response to all the evil the Empire commits.

Slater likes this.
  4. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I think one mistake Rebels did was not having a main villain or secondary villain in all the seasons. Wether it be Grand Inquisitor or villain like Governor Pryce. And thats when the Rebellion started and soon off to the civil war. If this show goes to 5 years after ROTS, I wonder if they can take out Rampart without making it to be too big of a deal. And lets make villains who stays alive outside the movie villains like Thrawn who survived Rebels.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2022
  5. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    I could also see it being a struggle between him and Tarkin. They get along at the moment, but only one is getting that shiny grand moff title.

Or maybe the Bad Batch end up killing him before he gets promoted. He hasn't had a lot of direct interaction with them and I am not sure they even know his name, but he is the main antagonist behind most of the imperial activity that creates problems for the Batch.

6. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Hunter just barely met Rampart at the end of Season 1 and he has his own foces around him and mostly on bases or on his ship. Season 2 he will be on Corucant. Tarkin by end of Season 1 is likley already a Moff. Tarkin already seemed like his boss in season 1. I think Rampart or another villain coming later will be one who crossover to later in timeline.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2022
  7. SyndicThrass

Sep 25, 2016
    I could easily see Crosshair killing him in the finale. Narratively, as the man who destroyed Kamino he kind of needs to be killed by a clone.

8. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    I also think Rampart eventually dies in the Bad Batch but who knows.

9. Foreign32567

Foreign32567 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 4, 2021
    Agree. But hope that in this case it will not be a redemption for the sniper, just him killing his old boss before starting to work for another.

10. SyndicThrass

Sep 25, 2016
    I’d put good money on Rampart becoming just as expendable to the Empire as the clones.

11. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    That could certainly work. There is bound to be competition among higher up officers.

Does anyone else find it weird/mildly frustrating that Rampart is admiral instead of general while he is leading operation to build the army for the Empire and not the navy. Sure Tarkin was Admiral himself, but is already governor/moff now I think. Rampart was his underling I guess so that's why he selected him. But title is still bit confusing.

Sure in Star Wars space navies and planetary armies are more closely working together as seen already in ESB, where Admiral Ozzel seems to hold higher rank than General Veers based on insignia and their communication. Since all armies on earth do have their own special characteristics and organizations which differ too I don't think it's a major problem. Just a weird detail.

Not as weird though as Motti (who is naval admiral) talking to Tagge (who is General and therefore army man) about his starfleet being threatened by rebels. It's odd on so many levels. In Star Wars Generals seem to command star fleets and Admirals build armies. It is obvious writers know very little of how military works in real life.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2022
  12. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I dont know, star wars has some writers who server in the military, like one of the Bad Batch writers.

I can see Crosshair killing Admiral Rampart in similar way Rukh killed Thrawn in Legends. For now he still believes in the Empire, maybe he needs to see the many horrors they do to the clones and Sepratist worlds.

13. Foreign32567

Foreign32567 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 4, 2021
    He did not show much empathy for "regs", even less for ordinary people. Personally I like that Crosshair is not under the delusion, he just wants to continue serving as elite soldier and thinks that the Empire needs that sort of service - and he is not wrong about that.

Slater likes this.
  14. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I think he just needs little push in right direction, and see what the empire is capable off. For now all he has seen is them taking over planets and destroy an empty base. Sure he had to almost kill a politician and refugees.

15. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    That's interesting. Didn't know that.

He seems like hard-boiled dude that wouldn't much care of that, but maybe there is limit for him too. He didn't seem completely heartless but pretty ruthless nevertheless.

I wonder if Echo will eventually become rebel hero in some way and might there even be connection to Echo Base on Hoth and Echo Squadron of the Alliance. Just an idea that crossed my mind when I noticed the color scheme of Echo Squadron in SW Squadrons: blue not unlike 501st. Sure the name might not be connected at all, Echo is also E in phonetic alphabet etc.

But since Echo is clone rebel now already so who knows.

16. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Crosshair i think will sacrifice himself for his old family as Rampart is about to kill them.

17. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    I think it would be best not to have such predictable outcome this time.... just something else.

SeparatistFan likes this.
  18. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Its the best i can think of now, Crosshair by end will have redeemed himself to the Bad Batch. Maybe he cant kill Omega.

19. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    I dunno. That's probably close to what they come up with, but I wouldn't like to speculate just yet how the show ends. I just wish they would come up with new interesting story that is not what we first expect. Something like this is what we first expect I think. Star Wars has been predictable before though so you may be right.

20. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    No way he doesn’t die by series end.

Slater and SyndicThrass like this.
  21. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Im hope we get to see many of the Sepratist holdouts and worlds. We barely saw it with Raxus Prime and the senator. Lets see more of it in the early Empire's era. Neimodia and all other main Sepratist worlds. Im most interested in what empire did with the Genosians up to the genocides of their specie.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2022
    SeparatistFan and Darth Baga like this.
  22. Darth Baga

Darth Baga Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 21, 2021
    That sounds awesome. I'd love to see Cato Nemoidia again. Plus some of that stuff could lead up to the formation of early Rebel cels. We've already see a bit of this with Saw. I could see him recruiting on these former Separatist worlds.

23. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I personally think it would be awesome if Echo survived the show. Became a member of a Rebel cell somewhere completely separate from Rex to explain it. I think he'd be great in live-action. He is visually very interesting and has an awesome story behind him.

24. The Empire_59

The Empire_59 Jedi Padawan

Apr 1, 2022
    I hope this season will strenghten the bridge between TCW and Rebels by having familiar characters making an apparence. I am ready to see an episode with Hondo Ohnaka dealing with the Bad Batch and Cid. And of course, how Wolffe removed his inhibitor chip and reunited with Rex and Gregor.

cwustudent likes this.
  25. Force Nexus

Force Nexus Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 22, 2022
    I have rewatched TCW Bad Batch arc recently, and in one of the episodes they split to find Echo, and Crosshair was the only one to go with Anakin. Neat foreshadowing, but it would be interesting to see Crosshair working directly with Vader. But I don't think they'll go this way, people might have a "Vader fatigue" after Kenobi, and everyone will cry about cameos and small galaxy and such. Although TCW S7 Vader model is really neat and seeing it in action would have been really cool.

iPodwithnomusic and cwustudent like this.