main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Bad Batch The Bad Batch Season 2 Discussion (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Sep 2, 2021.

1. Force Nexus

Force Nexus Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 22, 2022
    Hondo kidnapped and wanted to sell Ahsoka into slavery in S5 Younglings arc. Then they worked together against Grievous.

darkspine10 likes this.
  2. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    They met during Bounty Hunters.

darkspine10 likes this.
  3. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    Firs in season 2 bounty hunters then in season 2 finale and then in last episode of Onderon arg and then in last 3 episodes of the Youngling arc.

cwustudent likes this.
  4. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    I hope this season we get republic commandos

SeparatistFan likes this.
  5. Reepicheep775

Reepicheep775 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 27, 2019
    We saw Republic Commandos (technically Imperial Commandos :-B) in the trailer, so they'll definitely be in this season.

Outside of Mando and Ahsoka, more Bad Batch is what I'm most excited about. This is such a cool time period.

6. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    I love The Bad Batch!

[​IMG]

7. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Okay this made me laugh.

8. SeparatistFan

SeparatistFan Jedi Master star 3

Oct 19, 2012
    The delay is frustrating and seems odd given that Season 1 debuted in May last year.

9. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    probaly needed to work longer on this season.

10. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    It’s also possible they didn’t want anything to compete with Kenobi at all. At least Star Wars related

Last edited: Jul 31, 2022
    Mostly Handless and cwustudent like this.
  11. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    They had as much time as they needed to put together the initial season. They have a much tighter deadline to create any season after the first.

12. Cos Palpatine

Cos Palpatine Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 5, 2022
    I don't think it's odd considering how long we've been waiting for Mando 3 since Mando 2 ended. (And I know; Covid...but still.) I think waiting more than a year for the next season of a SW show is going to become a pattern. Not necessarily because they need to put more work in or whatever, but I think it's for scheduling reasons (although they are seemingly allowing animation and live action to overlap) to try and "spread it out" so to speak, as more and more SW shows are being produced and released they need to make room. Visions 2 is next Spring sometime which is a delay from it's late September debut last year. So I think the greater than one year wait is gonna be a thing.

Just a theory of course, which will gain a lot more credence if Andor 2 comes out after late Summer next year, but I'm getting ahead of myself :)

Riv_Shiel likes this.
  13. Force Nexus

Jun 22, 2022
    So when is this coming out now that we know Andor is September 21st?
    These delays in favor of MCU and not overlapping with other shows are really annoying.

14. DLCV

DLCV Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 14, 2020
    Possible that BB s2 will start on december, and finish one or two weeks before mando s3.

Snafu55 likes this.
  15. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I mean it’s pretty obvious why. Kenobi overshadowed ms marvel. They don’t want that to happen again

16. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I think October or november for Bad Batch season 2 now. Both shows wont have its premiere so close to each other

17. SeparatistFan

Oct 19, 2012
    I don’t understand why they couldn’t have put Bad Batch S2 on straight after Kenobi finished.

Tbh though I don’t think Kenobi had that much to do with people not watching Miss Marvel, a lot of people were put off with it a being a coming of age type of series and the fact that they changed her powers.

From memory Andor was meant to come out in August but it’s been pushed back to avoid competing with She Hulk I assume?

I see an issue with multiple series being put on at the same time, way I see it is if people are interested they will watch both/all.

18. SeparatistFan

Oct 19, 2012
    Typo I meant to say I don’t see an issue*

19. Force Nexus

Jun 22, 2022
    Yep, it sucks that animation fans have to wait so long.
    Maybe it's because they're also making Tales of the Jedi? Although even that must be finished already, since there were leaks with footage from the final Dooku episode.
    So I have no idea why they're making people wait, other than stretching content throughout the year as much as possible.

20. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I think they want to wait until Andor comes and two to four weeks they release Bad Batch season 2 and Tales of the Jedi. And it will last until Mandalorian season 3.

21. SyndicThrass

SyndicThrass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 25, 2016
    Tales of the Jedi is probably going to drop all at once like Visions. If they’ve delayed Bad Batch (and they’d be moronic to do so) then at the very least they could move that up, considering it’s pretty much all finished and waiting to air.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2022
    Cos Palpatine likes this.
  22. Cos Palpatine

Cos Palpatine Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 5, 2022
    Yes, and even if they dropped the episodes weekly it would fit nicely between this Kenobi/Andor gap.

23. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Honestly delaying Bad Batch cause of Andor being moved is weird. Andor and Bad Batch will overlap unless they want to delay BB to basically 2023.

people will watch both shows.

24. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Just switch days like they did with she-hulk.

25. Force Nexus

Jun 22, 2022

Seems like The Bad Batch is not coming out in September.
    Well that sucks. And they can't be bothered to give any updates, too. Disney as usual with their brilliant strategies.

Cos Palpatine likes this.