main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Bad Batch The Bad Batch Season 2 Discussion (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Sep 2, 2021.

1. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    It's because people like me exist. I'd watch a new episode The Bad Batch first. Then probably get distracted by the Hocus Pocus sequel and then oh yeah, time to watch Andor.

clone commander bossk likes this.
  2. SeparatistFan

SeparatistFan Jedi Master star 3

Oct 19, 2012
    It really does look like it’s been delayed again, it’s daft though because it could just be put on a different day to Andor.

3. jasman

jasman Administrator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 29, 1998
    Why is "overlapping" a problem? I sure wouldn't mind seeing two Star Wars programs every week.

4. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    Because streaming TV is a buffet and you have to keep the sweet and sour chicken stocked every time it runs out to keep the guy who keeps eating sweet and sour chicken happy

5. jasman

Aug 29, 1998
  6. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
  7. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
  8. Force Nexus

Force Nexus Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 22, 2022
    January 2023? Jesus. I am starting to believe those rumors about half the show being remade, because they want Cody in Kenobi S2.
    Any new trailer/pictures?

9. Reepicheep775

Reepicheep775 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 27, 2019
    I'm totally fine with the delay. There's enough stuff coming coming out. Let it breathe.

10. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Just update.

11. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid Force Ghost star 6

Mar 13, 2014
    Wasn’t Mando season 2 supposed to be January 2023? Has that been pushed back hence the bad batch getting pushed back?

12. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    IT was supposed to air in February. Maybe little delay.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2022
  13. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Impossible to make a show that fast. Unless you just treat your animators like absolute ****

14. Force Nexus

Force Nexus Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 22, 2022
    What are you talking about?
    They released 20+ episodes of The Clone Wars every year right on schedule for 5 years straight.
    They managed the same with Rebels.
    They released The Bad Batch one year after The Clone Wars S7.
    It is obvious that The Bad Batch S2 specifically was delayed for some reason other than "it is impossible to make a show that fast." Because that is blatantly not true. It's going to be almost two years since the last season.

15. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Its all about releasing scedule.

16. Cos Palpatine

Cos Palpatine Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 5, 2022
    Yeah with Andor ending in November we only have December with no SW content to wait thru.

And in December we'll at least have Willow to watch ;)

17. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid Force Ghost star 6

Mar 13, 2014
    Yeah - the animated shows are actually wrapping up the next season as the current one starts airing. And George Lucas had the stellar idea to add a few extra episodes to each season of clone wars so in the end they would have had six production seasons of the series creating seven seasons. (Essentially a free season.)

I think programming windows are the most likely reason for the change. We’re still not completely out of confusion and delays caused by the pandemic. Look how few movies are being released this fall.

18. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    Well, the good news is that we are getting 16 episodes again and that is always good. You know its not so bad getting this delay. I mean we got Andor, Tales of the Jedi, Willow, Black Adam, Black Panther, Halloween The End, Avatar 2 coming out before the end of this year. We got baseball playoffs starting soon, the NFL, College football, soon basketball and hockey coming around. So content wise we are loaded for the rest of this year. I'm not happy that we have no news on a second season of Boba Fett or Obi Wan. Unless, I missed some announcements, D-23 is not that thrilling.

19. Darth Baga

Darth Baga Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 21, 2021
    I'm a bit disappointed about the delay, but I'm happy to have Andor and Tales of the Jedi. That should tide me over.

20. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    With the reveal of Cassian Andor being older then we previously first thought. Do you think we could see Cassian as troubled teenager. A tie in with Andor tv show. Wether it be season 2 or future seasons.?

21. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    OMG. [face_laugh]
    That show sounds messy.

22. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Just a bit of retcon, really.

23. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    Too bad Bad Batch is coming so late, but Andor and Tales of the Jedi are nice to get now. I think they want to avoid releasing too much at the same time. So Star Wars fans have to continue subscribing Disney plus even after these releases.

24. jasman

Aug 29, 1998
    Well, the people who insisted on a September 28 release date sure are looking foolish. Why the long wait, anyway? 2 more months to wait? Well, it had better be worth the wait. Covid is no longer an excuse!

Last edited: Oct 4, 2022
  25. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Perhaps Bad Batch is meant to come after Andor and that's why we are getting the former later. Depending on where it was in the timeline, it is not out of the question The Bad Batch could crossover with Andor and cover what happened to Kenari. It's more likely The Bad Batch is meant to provide a breather between the tone of Andor and a new season of Mando.