main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Bad Batch The Bad Batch Season 2 Discussion (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Sep 2, 2021.

1. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    I think season 2 of bad batch might setup the Crimson Dawn Maul show, we might get cameo of Dryden and Maul in season 2. And Bad Batch season 3 and the Maul show might tie together and crossover. Like Mandalorian, we could ger more tv shows in the early dark times era. I woudn't be surprised if we got an animated show with Saw as he build his rebel cell. Saw is the first rebel and he already got a small rebel cell.

2. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018

I found this old thread, could be total bs. But we could have 4 season of Bad Batch witch i always thought it would have. Also it mentions another show for 2023 with might be in Crimson Dawn with boba and Fennc, meeting.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2021
    cwustudent likes this.
  3. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
  4. Golbolco

Golbolco Jedi Master star 3

Jan 20, 2016
    Boba and Fennec could easily meet in The Bad Batch, they don’t need their own show to do that.

cwustudent likes this.
  5. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    It could be in Crimson Dawn, (Maul) show. That will be about the Underworld.

6. clone commander bossk

clone commander bossk Ostrich Velocity Expert star 5

Nov 5, 2019
    Is that crosshairs rifle he's using?

7. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    IT could be, but I thought Crosshair still had it in the end of season 1.

8. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    whostheBossk likes this.
  9. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    @Bor Mullet

I hope that The Bad Batch presents the Galactic Empire in the worst possible light so that Empire fanboys can stop stanning a government that didn't even last 1% of the Republic's life-span.

[​IMG]

10. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 7

Apr 6, 2018
    Neofascist fans kinda miss the nature of the franchise I think…

11. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    Yeah - I mean, it is honestly harder to depict them worse than they are in the OT, and yet people cling to their idea of it. Or hell, the Imperium of Man in Warhammer 40,000 is a combination of all the worst governments in human history mashed together, as blatantly corrupt and comically incompetent as it is absurdly cruel, and you still get a disturbingly large number of people who idealize it (though admittedly it is the default viewpoint faction for most tie-in media)

People will take whatever message they want out of a piece of media, even if they have to actively read against the text to do so.

12. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    There is this a fine line between being just a fan of the Empire in Star Wars and being neo-fascist who actually wants to live under such regime IRL. I do think Empire is cool as a fictional concept and they have a nice style and all and I would like to see imperials portrayed less incompetent in Star Wars media. Stormtroopers are now laughing stock In-universe as well, they shouldn't really be IMO.

But there is this danger of naive fanboys (and girls)idolizing the fascism if Empire is portrayed in a more cool manner. I understand this and see it as an small issue already. There is this subculture of Star Wars empire fans and separatist fans and of course fandalorians. Idolization of war and violence itself can be really dangerous, but this danger looms over all fiction really that portrays violence. Star Wars is so far from real life I see it as less dangerous than more down-to-earth shows that portray like real gangsters and murderers as some sort of heroes etc.

I don't support tight censorship either. Strong pacifistic message may also turn against itself if poorly written and hammered in moral message mostly irritates the audience. War is evil, I got it. Killing and torturing is bad yes. The Clone Wars had some of this like Pursuit of Peace in which Padmé tries to prevent addition of new clones. I get it that she believes peace is possible and preferable, but it felt stupid in context of jedi and clones being in constant need of support threatened by sith and their almost thoroughly evil supporters. It seemed to hammer in "all military is evil" message that is just confusing and weird in a show where good guys also fight a war. Especially when in the very same show Padmé herself uses lethal methods to subdue some small time criminals in Corruption. So... military is bad but police violence is apparently okay... what the...?

I think I couldn't be much more anti-fascist politically, but I do think even real-life nazis did have some cool looking uniforms and stuff for sure so I see how it is easy for some to forget what they actually did, if we just focus too much on outside look and "coolness" factor. Nazis maybe had cool looks, but their ideology was based on misinformation, conspiracies and racism and was therefore thoroughly evil and rotten inside. That is not to say all germans in WW2 era were evil people of course.

Same logic should IMO apply to fictional portrayal of things like the Empire. It is an evil system, but not all individuals somehow involved in it are necessarily pure evil inside. What really matters morally is how good moral decisions you do in your context. What you have knowledge of and what you believe is true. Propaganda is aimed to justify everything the regime does and it often works even IRL. People don't even know what really happens. I would like to see more of this in Bad Batch. How things are portrayed by official imperial propaganda and show how they really are canonically in-universe. Ryloth-episodes were pretty nice in this.

Bad Batch is aimed at younger audiences so it is natural moral message is more obvious there than in more adult-oriented shows and movies. Like in the Rogue One Cassian was a very grey character and general Draven seemed outright evil at times when he was so tactically calculating and cold.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2021
    SeparatistFan likes this.
  13. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    There has been that for decades now. I think some people are just incredibly stupid.

14. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018

So we can expect this in Febuar/march month.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2022
  15. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    I wouldn't be surprised if it starts pretty much immediately following TBOBF. Looking forward to it; the first season was excellent.

Bor Mullet, Sproj and MrDarth0 like this.
  16. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    Start in February or March and lead directly to Kenobi in May, immediately followed by Andor in summer and then Mando Season 3 to close the year? I won't say no to that :D.

17. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    I doubt we'll get Mando season 3 this year though, unfortunately.

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  18. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    December if anything.

19. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    If this is going to come out before May. I feel like it won't be long before we get the first teaser, maybe after Boba wrapped.

And was I the only one who to think Black Krrsantan is fairly likely to appear in The Bad Batch and wonder if that show will take viewers to the horrors and spectacle of the Gladiator arena? Seems like ripe material for The Bad Batch and a very misguided idea for how to use Wrecker. This presumably happened during an uncivilized time. We've seen the Zygerrians jump-starting their slave operations.

MercenaryAce and Sproj like this.
  20. Reepicheep775

Reepicheep775 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 27, 2019
    Awesome! I liked the first season and have a feeling season two is going to kick things up a notch.

21. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I can’t wait. I assume this will run alongside Kenobi

Sproj likes this.
  22. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    More then likley.

23. Sproj

Sproj Jedi Master star 4

Mar 18, 2019
    I wouldn't be surprised, it also seems like somewhere Wrecker could find himself.

24. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I am also very interested to see more of the cloning story

cwustudent, Sproj and VexedAtVohai like this.
  25. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    cloning and how it relates to all the saga.