main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Bad Batch The Bad Batch Season 2 Discussion (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Sep 2, 2021.

1. Fallen Jedi Master

Fallen Jedi Master Jedi Master star 4

Apr 13, 2017
    Do you think episode 4 will have Gungi in it?

2. SyndicThrass

SyndicThrass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 25, 2016
  3. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    Fast and furious episode.

4. Fallen Jedi Master

Apr 13, 2017
    is that the Fourth episode or the one with Gungi?

5. Foreign32567

Foreign32567 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 4, 2021
    Sixth episode's title is "Tribe", maybe it will feature both Kashyyyk and Gungi.

6. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    4th if I remember the titles for episodes.

Fallen Jedi Master likes this.
  7. Fallen Jedi Master

Apr 13, 2017
    I could definitely see that fitting

8. SeparatistFan

SeparatistFan Jedi Master star 3

Oct 19, 2012
    Have they stopped doing episode guides?

9. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
  10. SeparatistFan

SeparatistFan Jedi Master star 3

Oct 19, 2012
    That’s frustrating, I feel like if the Trandoshian was meant to be Garnac the episode guide would have pointed it out.

11. Glitterstimm

Glitterstimm Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2017
    Finally started watching new season, it starts off kinda slow. First two episodes feel redundant of things we saw in season 1, and less cinematic than that big Order 66 opening.

But episode 3 was excellent, great writing and action, it uses politics to create drama in the best tradition of TCW. Crosshair’s barely intact psyche is surprisingly compelling, still a great character. Animation was good too, particularly the shots of Cody’s squad emerging from flaming wreckage of the shuttle, the smoke and fire looked outstanding. Rampart is an intriguing villain with perfectly oily voice acting, will be interesting to see how far he rises in the Empire.

Episode 4: goofy, colorful, zippy and fun. Some surprisingly aggressive music too! A much appreciated homage to Phantom Menace and Star Wars’ own particular need for speed

Altogether, seems that season 2 is off to a good start

TadoFett and moxlox like this.
  12. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    Too bad, that was one of the most interesting things during the first season.

13. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 15, 2010
    Maybe they'll release them after the season ends. Obi-Wan did that.

14. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    I really wanted a guide for the racing episode because I made a thread on Reddit that the “flash trickster” racer was a reference to mark Hamill’s character in The Flash and everyone downvoted me and called me a moron and said it was a coincidence.

15. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018

For those who might be dissapointed with the filler episodes.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2023
    Snafu55 and cwustudent like this.
  16. Sproj

Sproj Jedi Master star 4

Mar 18, 2019
    Well let’s hope so because 1, 2, 4 and 5 have been borderline awful.

Snafu55 likes this.
  17. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Really all those episodes have been the fun adventures. Outside the last one, we got more Tech and Echo character development.

cwustudent and Ody_Mandrell like this.
  18. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    Thank you (and I'm not disappointed)! Got any more?!

19. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Unpopular opinion from one of TCW's biggest fans and defenders. The Bad Batch season 2 so far is better than The Clone Wars season 5 and will beat it by a mile. Based on what that influencer is saying think about this. The 5th episode of season 5 is "Tipping Points". Finally the end of the Onderon Arc. It's no secret I hate that arc. I would rather watch this one episode "Entomb" than the three episodes that follow "A War on Two Fronts". After that, we have the Younglings arc which has good parts but is mostly ok. I'd take the season premier of Bad Batch season 2 if given the option to watch that or the Younglings arc. The best part of that whole arc is Grievous invading Obi-wan's Venator. I could watch that sequence on repeat. Neither should ever count as filler.

Let's not forget the premier episode of season 5 was a great episode but chronologically (this is one reason why its hard to compare TCW to other shows) the premier would be "A Wars on Two Fronts" which actually is a good episode before the rest of the arc is bungled up. It takes until "Eminence" which is the 14th episode out of 20 (13 in a row) to get to the two god-tier arcs of the season which so far The Bad Batch admittedly can't touch. The much-disliked Droid arc comes before that. This is all a matter of opinion obviously. "A Sunny Day in the Void" has always been a 10-rated episode for me. If episodes 6-8, 12, and 14 are on part or near as good as the best of TCW (At the tale end of the final televised season) we are in for a treat. I liked "Faster" so even better if 7, 9, 10, 11, and 13 are on "A Friend in Need" one-shot level.

Even with episode 5 added to the so-called "Filler" list or the bad episodes list. That's 6 weak episodes vs like 8. The four Youngling arc episodes are in the ok episode bucket in The Clone Wars season 5.

Fredrik Vallestrand likes this.
  20. Force Nexus

Force Nexus Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 22, 2022
    It had Hondo. Which makes it an automatic 10. Not discount Hondo, but Wanda Sykes. But the one and only. God, this episode could have been salvaged by Hondo. Shame he didn't appear. But otherwise I disagree, and both the Onderon and the Younglings arcs had a lot more meat and importance to the overall Star Wars mythos than the majority of TBB episodes that don't involve Crosshair. The Solitary Clone was excellent, the premiere was merely ok. The other two episodes were... underwhelming.

21. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I had wondered if Phee might have a connection with Hondo. Certainly, Hondo would get an automatic 10 just like Cad Bane did if he popped up.

I have quite a relationship with the Onderon arc, I do like the setup of the first episode and I actually rated the arc highly when I first watched it. But in subsequent viewings including back when season 5 was airing. It didn't hold up for me. You should go back and read through some of those old threads including "Fixing Onderon" to see the back-and-forth discussion we were having on it. I felt like there was a lot of wasted opportunity with the Onderon rebels and how the general population they were trying to free responded to their method. I also thought not playing around with the fact Lux's father had been killed by Clones and having him just get along with Rex (and then putting Rex on a bus) was a wasted opportunity although I can write that off as Lux is just dumb enough he didn't realize Rex is a clone. I actually liked Lux as a lovable idiot until that arc ruined him.

Where things get really hard for me is the way The Clone Wars as it always did which is one of its main weaknesses simply stuck to portraying the Separatists as evil. It really didn't jive with "Heroes on Both Sides" which is a favorite of mine from season 3 and made Mina Bonteri make less sense. Add to that I thought Steela and the love triangle with Ahsoka, and Lux was stupid. It's just not my favorite arc. Yeah, it gave us Saw and it still amazes me out of all the animated characters he was the first to crossover into live-action. But then again Forest Whitaker is awesome and seals the deal.

In my opinion, it was nice to get the first couple of episodes and get some of the Jedi-lore. And David Tennant lending his voice is always going to be a win but by the time we get to The Youngling Arc, Ahsoka's character arc in TCW is largely complete. She is being assigned on her own missions to shepherd and teach younglings which goes to show how close she was to getting knighted. But not super exciting episodes in my opinion as much as I love Hondo. Hondo flying is the best. I still think the first two episodes of season 2 are on par with that. "Faster" is just as good as "Evil Plans" is and yes, I love that episode. Everyone's mileage varies.

Of course, season 2 of the Bad Batch may make the Youngling Arc that much more important with its connections to it. I also think we have a Hondo Watch for when we get there this season.

22. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I dont get that Phee and Hondo similar

Riv_Shiel likes this.
  23. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Not a big stretch she knows Hondo.

24. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Oh they might be connected, but dont see Phee as a Hondo type character.

25. Foreign32567

Foreign32567 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 4, 2021
    I miss the old Hondo, that was both charming and ruthless.