main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Bad Batch The Bad Batch Season 2 Discussion (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Sep 2, 2021.

1. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    The next episode will be 25 minutes, so little shorter.

2. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Which is fine if 15 minutes is used well. I am predicting Crosshair isn't getting out of this season alive. He is going to be a victim of Redemption Equals Death whether he sacrifices himself or simply eventually succumbs to injuries he got from exposure in this last episode. Maybe a combination of that and drugs. There are quite a few parallels to Fives which is really concerning. I think Fives is currently a top contender for the most pathetic death in the franchise. I can see Crosshair likewise dying in Hunter's arms. One question mark for me is what is Crosshair's death going to do to Hunter? It really looks to me like at the end of the season The Bad Batch will break up the band for a while.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2023
  3. Foreign32567

Foreign32567 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 4, 2021
    Random thought regarding Rampart - in case he is a prisoner on Tantiss, he can make a temporary alliance with Crosshair or/and Omega (she most probably is going to be captured) to escape. Maybe he will even join Rex's rebel cell to get revenge on the Empire, although he will still be a smug scumbag, that is tolerated by heroes only because he knows many things about the system and can be very useful.

Sproj likes this.
  4. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Crosshair will probably end up killing Rampart if he were to be a prisoner there. I also thought maybe Clones in general were being sent to Tantiss to be experimented on. That could extend to Imperial prisoners.

5. clonegeek

clonegeek Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 28, 2022
    I think that the season finale is them going to save Crosshair from Tantiss. Crosshair's fate could go either way for me. I've got the feeling that he will survive this season though

6. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015
    The Bad Batch rocks. Love this season.

7. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    I think we’re gonna trade Crosshair for Wrecker

pronker likes this.
  8. clonegeek

clonegeek Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 28, 2022
    Wrecker always felt like a charactor that wasn't going to survive the show. Tech should be safe for now

cwustudent likes this.
  9. Garlician

Garlician Jedi Youngling

Oct 23, 2022
    Where should I start with the latest episode?
    It was what I wanted to see.
    Omega, Wrecker, Tech and Hunter get the chance for a truly civilian life without a "weekly mission" and they decide to do so for different reasons. (Although only Hunter and Tech affirm this decision because Omega and Wrecker are sleeping)
    But especially Omega and Wrecker seem to like this civilian way of life very much.
    Wrecker seems to be developing the fastest and enjoying the peace. Omega kills again at the beginning of the episode; I just want to see her as a "child".

Unfortunately, the episode was filled with contrived action instead of throwing the characters into peaceful civilian life. But that could happen in the next episode.
    Hunter and Tech seem to be making the decision to stay because of Omega at first, because they were told that children also need friends of the same age and "childhood", which neither of them knows. But they also realize that they can be useful for a civil, peaceful community.
    Tech is happy to see Omega laugh, but Hunter seems as always driven only by his "responsibility".

Yes, I wanted to see that. But at the same time we all know that peace and happiness will probably not be granted to our bad batch :/
    This and maybe the next episode already make me sad about what's to come.

Many say Disney pulls the series unnecessarily - I wish for a 3rd season, so that everything does not fall into misfortune soon.

My strange bet is that Hunter sacrifices himself, as he has the least progress in finding his way in a civilian life. Maybe he sacrifices himself for Crosshair or Echo edit: or of course for Omega

Last edited: Mar 15, 2023
  10. Cos Palpatine

Cos Palpatine Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 5, 2022
    I have a suspicion that Rampart isn't a prisoner on Tantiss but rather working there in some capacity. The whole thing with him being taken away at the Senate meeting was just for show and Palps just had him white-washed and transferred to a top secret facility where he can continue to serve the Empire. I don't think we've seen the last of him as an antagonist.

cwustudent likes this.
  11. SyndicThrass

SyndicThrass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 25, 2016
    The idea of Rampart surviving, either by being reassigned or being sent to Tantiss never really made sense to me.

The Empire is corrupt, but they don’t tolerate failure and Rampart failed in the most public place possible and Palpatine himself had to step in and fix the situation. What good is a servant if the master has to clean up their messes? Realistically Palpatine would have him taken before a firing squad and summarily executed for embarrassing him like that.

And I don’t get what the purpose would be of sending him to Mt Tantiss when he’s not any kind of unique physical specimen that can help their program. He’s just another middle management bureaucrat who was able to talk a good game until he wasn’t.

12. Force Nexus

Force Nexus Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 22, 2022
    It kinda feels like Rampart plotline that was set up in the first three episodes with him knowing about Crosshair lying kinda went nowhere, since they arrested him and nothing came out of it, and Crosshair fell out with the Empire on his own, and Rampart had nothing to do with it. They could somehow put him into Tantiss, but that would feel very convenient and contrived, IMO. Rampart should be in jail on Coruscant, he has no business on Tantiss. He's a bureaucrat, not a scientist. With three episodes left, we have Cody's story also unresolved. It's gonna be annoying if they did this only to use him in Kenobi S2, and we will never see him on The Bad Batch again. Echo was written out of the show and we haven't heard from him since. So many episodes outright wasted in this season which could have been used for actually interesting stories.

13. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    This is turning out to be a lot better than I expected it would be.

AndyLGR likes this.
  14. AndyLGR

AndyLGR Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    Thoroughly enjoying this season of BB, probably more so than the new season of Mando, but I'm really liking these darker episodes at the prison and what the creepy guy is up to with the clones. Maybe this converges somehow with the Pershing storyline of Mando?

pronker and Swashbucklingjedi like this.
  15. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    I might be in the minority here, but I feel that this 2nd season of BB isn't as interesting as season1. I feel like season 1 connected the series better with more widespread events during that time, but season 2 is mostly just an episodic collection of random missions the group goes on-several of which aren't really all that interesting. I haven't seen the last couple episodes yet, but once I got to the middle third, it started feeling like season 2 or 3 of Clone Wars, where it's just like: 'and now they go to THIS planet to find some object...and now they go to THAT planet to retrieve some thing for Cid.'

Where I've left off so far is the Emperor's address to the senate, doing away with the clones and introducing Stormtroopers.

I enjoyed that, so I'm hoping from there that the last couple episodes pick things up a bit in terms of relevancy. How things connected to the galaxy at large is what made me enjoy the 1st season.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2023
    The Shadow Emperor and Sarge like this.
  16. SyndicThrass

SyndicThrass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 25, 2016
    Season 2 has higher highs, but lower lows for me. It’s a very uneven season.

17. Force Nexus

Force Nexus Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 22, 2022
    Same for me. I will never rewatch the racing episode, the ancient mech episode, and the kid miners in Space Utah episodes. Pabu episode (ep 13) I have not watched still, and I don't think I will, because I don't feel like I've missed anything by not seeing it and jumping straight to ep 14. Season One had two such episodes for me: the baby rancor episode and the one with the spice crates. Overall, Season One was more consistently okay and flowed better. This season has quite a bunch of momentum killers due to very high highs and you just wanting the actual story to continue immediately, instead of waiting for weeks. See how Crosshair appeared in ep 3 and then never again until ep 12. But yeah, the highlights of this season are very good.

18. Glitterstimm

Glitterstimm Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2017
    Finally getting around to catching up on season 2, and wow. Episodes 7&8 are fantastic. Just great writing, great animation (as usual), great atmosphere (a better spy thriller than Andor imho), and capping it off with an emotional goodbye between Omega and Echo, awesome stuff. Palpatine's appearance was appropriately weighty with tremendous buildup. This show just continues to impress. Very worried for Senator Choochie, I hope she doesn't get killed like poor old Bail [face_nail_biting]

Episode 6 was good too, ya gotta love Gungi, awesome dude.

Episode 5: not so great, but as far as filler goes, better than the low points of TCW and Rebels imo

19. DLCV

DLCV Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 14, 2020
    Starting today, watch 2 episodes per day of season 2, until next tuesday, good to remember the season.

pronker likes this.
  20. DLCV

DLCV Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 14, 2020
    Forgot that today and until tuesday is 3 episodes per day, only yesterday was 2.

cwustudent and pronker like this.
  21. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I have been rewatching them while on the treadmill and still most of the so called filler episodes don’t bother me.

clone commander bossk likes this.
  22. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    That’s because you’re burning off the filler.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2023
  23. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Okay this one was good

Bor Mullet likes this.
  24. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid Force Ghost star 6

Mar 13, 2014
    Is Echo Base named for Echo?

pronker and cwustudent like this.
  25. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    I think we will get the animated debut of Moff Gideon tonight in conjunction with his return on The Mandalorian

cwustudent likes this.