main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Bashers' Sanctuary Strikes Back

Discussion in 'Archive: The Phantom Menace' started by Binary_Sunset, Mar 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hawk

hawk Jedi Knight star 5

May 3, 2000
    Well AOTC out soon. Well probably have a lot to discuss here. Hopefully the mods will let us have our conversation in here too.

2. Darth23

Darth23 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 14, 1999
    Although I feel a great weight has been lifted from the forum [face_tee_hee]), you have my condolences.

Carry on.

3. Nrf-Hrdr

Nrf-Hrdr Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 3, 2000
    Man, I don't use the internet for a couple of days, come back on and find out my entire little TheForce.net world has been torn asunder. First I realise the computer i'll be using for the next month or so is still logged on to this old username and i've lost all my passwords, then I find out that two of my favorite classic threads have been whacked. Someone had better save Quaff's TPM forum dictionary before it's too late, or is that gone too?

4. MAROOTHDROOL

MAROOTHDROOL Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 26, 2001
    NOOOO!

The sanctuary was our only hope.

No, there is another.

5. hawk

hawk Jedi Knight star 5

May 3, 2000
    Gone. Just as the Gusher Suplemental Sanctuary, TPE thread, Gusher Sanctuary, Royal Handmaidens Society and LOTR: an apt comparison. What's amazing is that we didn't come back and see them locked. They just vanished. I went to my post history and not a sign that I ever posted in any of those threads. It was like I imagined the whole thing. I didn't, did I?

6. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    i know, this indeed is a great tradegy. soldiers are fighting a war, people in poor countries are scraping for food, the violence in the Middle East appears to have no end, but we all must mourn this immense tradegy here at the JC.

[face_plain] [face_plain] [face_plain]

7. DarthHomer

DarthHomer Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2000
    Forgive my intrusion, but do you think the vanishing of the old thread was a sign from the midichlorians that it's time to give up bashing, or at least put it on hold until after AOTC comes out? I wouldn't go against the will of the Force if I were you.

Sorry, Binary, I'm just fooling with ya. Have fun :)

8. Nrf-Hrdr

Nrf-Hrdr Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 3, 2000
    I'm annoyed that Quaff's dictionary is gone; unlike most of these threads, that one was actually worth re-reading from the start.

For the record, DarthTunick, I'd say this is a disaster roughly equivalent to the combined sum of every human conflict since weapons were invented by those monkey-suited humans in Kubrick's 2001. And I say that with utter seriousness. Hell, I?ll even use a sneery blank face to convey the sheer seriousness of my statement: [face_plain]

Hell, here's four of them:

[face_plain] [face_plain] [face_plain] [face_plain]

That's pretty damn serious, as I'm sure you'll agree. Pretty damn sneery, too, I'd say, and the kids here sure love to sneer, so this should fit right in.

9. DarthHomer

DarthHomer Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2000
    Is the index thread gone too?

10. AgentCoop

AgentCoop Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 16, 2002
    FOR CRYIN' OUT LOUD I THOUGHT I WAS CRAZY!!!! No sooner had I posted (I may have been one of the last, in fact, right after Hawk) than the thing just VANISHED!

"That's what I'm tryin' to tell you kid, it's not there. It's been totally blown away."

:_|

11. Oakessteve

Oakessteve Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 9, 1999
    It wasn't my fault! But I'm glad Binary_Sunset made a new thread. To quote my icon (this will look silly if I ever change it to a different character, like Beru or something), but, "Good job!" :D.

12. ST-TPM-ASF-TNE

ST-TPM-ASF-TNE Moderator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2001
    Hey, tell me, I never go to the basher-gusher threads, but was that Official Gusher Thread deleted to? And if so, was another one started? :confused:

ST

13. Oakessteve

Oakessteve Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 9, 1999
    Not yet, no, but I think we'll let DarthSeti5, who made the first one, do the honours there. I'll message him in a moment or two.

14. NORTHSTAR

NORTHSTAR Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 21, 2002
    PATRICK RUSSELL "Our position's correct, except... no basher sanctuary."

Thats the funniest thing I've heard all weekend

15. Rabid_Balding_Ewok

Rabid_Balding_Ewok Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 2000
    [image=http://www1.theforce.net/icons/adminicons/Obi-Wanup_admin.gif] [image=http://www.einslive.de/img/lauschangriff/charlesmanson.jpg]

Is it just me or does this icon look like the leader of some radical hippie Death Cult from the sixties? Turn down the contrast on your monitor, it makes it look like he's got long black hair. Maybe the Jedi are really cultist? :eek: :p

>>>Speaking of posts: Rabid Balding Ewok, was it you? WAS IT YOU?! Did you post the last post that doomed our old Sanctuary?!<<<

It wasn't me it was ..... *looks around the new sanctuary** it was Stryphe.... yeah thats the ticket. He was the last to post in it and then he quickly changed his icon to cover it up. :p

RBE succesfully passing the buck since 1974.

-----signature-----
    "Rabid Balding Ewok, you make me sick.
    If there was an enemies list, you'd be on mine."
    [face_devil] [face_laugh] [face_devil] [face_laugh] [face_devil] [face_laugh]

:::*::(^^) :(^^) :::::::
    ::::::/::::^^:::::\ ::*::
    :::::/###-^^-##I :::::
    : *:.l##/(*)# (*)\\:::::
    :::/##(###.00#)#I ::::
    ::(___/#*#(XXX)/__) ::
    ::/000{{{{www}}}}\:: Ewoks Will Eat You!

16. DarthZemog

DarthZemog Jedi Master star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    You guys suck, "We lost all of our bashing threads, whaaa, I go away for a couple of days and all our posts are gone, whaaa", :_| why don't you just get over it, I can't believe I sifted through 2 pages of this crap. Some bashing thread. [face_plain]
    Well, here is my TPM gripe, the whole Gungan race, not just JarJar are completely stupid! Forget all the annoying crap JarJar did throughout the movie, at the last battle why didn't the Gungans just place a bunch of their "paintballs" in front of them in and outside their shield, the Droids were'nt too bright, they would have walked or rolled right into them and the Gungans wouldn't have lost so many warriors. DUH, I guess that the Gungan Grand Army isn't too bright either!! 2 stupid Armys having at each other, whoo hoo. [face_plain]
    Well thats it, back to all those stupid post that have nothing to do with the topic. Later.

17. Yada-Yada

Yada-Yada Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 20, 2001
    [pauses for a moment in remembrance of the old Sanctuary]

... Now back to business.

"C'mon, I want some serious sarcasm in here. How bout a slew of sarcastic TPM monologues, that would be really swell. "

Qui-Gon: Do you have a transport?

Amidala: No. I'm only the Queen of the entire planet. I go everywhere by foot. Here's your sign.

18. AgentCoop

Feb 16, 2002
    You want sarcasm? Here's some:

I think TPM was an absolutely flawless film.

Feel better now?

:cool:

19. stone_jedi

stone_jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2001
    I do like the new title of this thread. :)

So, where do we start? I mean, we had over 5,000 posts of good bashing, so should we just repeat it all over again?

20. AgentCoop

Feb 16, 2002
    Yes. Word for word.

:D

21. Binary_Sunset

Binary_Sunset Force Ghost star 5

Oct 28, 2000
    Well, if you remember, shortly before the old thread vanished, I emphasized the importance of two things:

1. reading the entire thread
    2. memorizing it

I believe Stryphe said he had the 5500 posts memorized. So I'll let him do the honors and re-post the first 100 of our old posts. ;)

22. DarthTorgo

DarthTorgo Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 17, 2002
    What the heck happened? Was our thread locked or something? Why?

23. DarthTorgo

Feb 17, 2002
    Does anyone else believe Boss Nass was the worst performance of TPM? It was all just so hammy and over-the-top. I think Boss Nass is even worse than Jar-Jar; the only reason why I don't complain about him as much is because he was only in a couple of scenes, where as Jar-Jar was in the whole damn movie, so he leaves a far greater impression. I mean, think about how much worse TPM would have been if Boss Nass was in the whole movie.

24. Yada-Yada

Yada-Yada Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 20, 2001
    O yeah. Last time I saw it I was almost (NOOOO, don't say it) laughing at Jar-Jar's antics, but watching Boss Nass was truly an excrutiating experience.

What is it with the Gungans anyway? Their city was a masterpiece of set design, but what on earth was a supposedly primitive race doing living in such an obviously technologically sophisticated city? Also, if they're amphibian, apart from the fact that they look supremely unsuited for swimming, why do they need a city filled with air at all (apart from the fact that it permits Boss Nass' jowl-wobbling/spit-spraying?)

Another question: Does anyone else think the spaceship designs in TPM were derivative and uninspired, not to mention forgettable?

25. DarthTorgo

Feb 17, 2002
    I actually thought the space designs were great. I thought the art direction and production design was pretty well done. I'm afraid I can't say the same for the story and characters.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.