main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The Basketball Draft II

Discussion in 'Community' started by DarthIntegral, Jun 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    I WANT MORE FAKE BILL SIMMONS

DarthTunick likes this.
  2. xblackout

xblackout Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 5, 2008
    Fake Bill Simmons is seriously as good as Real Bill Simmons.

3. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    We have got to do a better job of getting television partners so we're not dictated into these long stretches between games just to satisfy network needs.

Anyways ...

4. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Game 2 of the Finals

Heads for Hibbert at LeBron and the Frontrunners
    From The Seattle Coliseum in Seattle, WA

Full Play-by-Play
    Box Score

When the game opened with Dirk Nowitzki hitting a three on a great feed from LeBron James, only to have that answered by a triple from Steph Curry on a fantastic feed from Mike Conley, you had a feeling this might be a night of great basketball.

Oh, and it was. LeBron and the Frontrunners shot 50% from the field. Heads for Hibbert shot nearly 43% from downtown.

And, in the end, someone other than LeBron almost got to be the hero.

Almost.

With the Frontrunners trailing by six with two minutes to go, Al Horford was almost the hero Seattle needed. He scored six points in the next two minutes, grabbed two rebounds, and had a huge block on Steph Curry. But Curry and Paul George hit their shots down the stretch, and the Frontrunners couldn't get off a game-tying attempt before the buzzer, and Heads for Hibbert will be Headsing back to Ohio with a split on the road.

Curry had another fantastic night. 20 points, 13 assists, 9 rebounds, and 3-for-5 from deep. Paul George was a perfect second banana to him, putting in 27, grabbing 8 boards, and handing out 8 dimes. That duo helped to best Al Horford's big night (28 points, 13 rebounds, 3 blocks) and a (relatively) mediocre night from James (13 points, 12 assists, 8 rebounds, only 5-of-12 from the field, and 1-of-4 from deep).

Final Score: Heads for Hibbert 111, LeBron and the Frontrunners 108
    The Best-of-Seven Series is tied 1-1.

5. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    this is going to be an interesting series i think...

anyway, roll with it.

6. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    same lineup.

7. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Game 3 of the Finals

LeBron and the Frontrunners at Heads for Hibbert
    From The Cincinnati Gardens, in Cincinnati, OH

Full Play-by-Play
    Box Score

In the final 22 seconds of the game, Steph Curry stepped to the free-throw line six times. He hit all six.

It's a good thing he did, because his team needed every single on of those points to hang on for a victory.

LeBron James, Al Horford, and Deron Williams all scored in the games closing half-minute to keep the game a one-possession game, and put the pressure on Curry. But, Curry responded to the pressure and hit his free throws, meaning that Klay Thompson's last gasp triple was just for margin, not to send the game to overtime.

Curry had another dazzling game, with 26 points and 9 assists, leading his team through the rough battle that was the back-and-forth fourth quarter. Mike Conley added 14 points, and Paul George put in 16 and grabbed 11 rebounds.

LeBron James was on assist shy of another triple double, scoring 26, grabbing 10 rebounds, and handing out 9 assists while falling just shy of a road win.

Can Heads for Hibbert grab the series edge in game four? Or will the Frontrunners respond and tie it back up?

Final Score: Heads for Hibbert 101, LeBron and the Frontrunners 99
    Heads for Hibbert leads the Best-of-Seven series 2-1

8. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    i think i'll be highly surprised if theres a blow-out in this series.

roll it.

9. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    There's an adjustment I'm curious to see if tom makes that I think could swing the series. Not going to outright say what it is, but I think there's something he can do.

10. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    would there be anything i could do to counter said adjustment?

and quick request, should he make changes, let me either make changes, or say i'm not before you move ahead please.

11. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Yeah, actually, I think there is a counter. Not quite as much of a slam dunk to work, but I think it could give some advantages to you.

And no problem, you can both chess match back and forth if you make changes until 24 hours after the last game posted.

12. MandaloreYak

MandaloreYak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 29, 2004
  13. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    alright, time to get crazy. i seriously doubt this is what inty had in mind but here goes.

pg: lebron james (48 min)
    sg: deron williams (40 min), klay thompson (8 min)
    sf: dirk nowitzki (36 min), jeff green (12 min)
    pf: nikola pekovic (36 min), dirk nowitzki (6 min), derrick favors (6 min)
    c: al horford (48 min)

14. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    hmmm...

that shall require some thought...

15. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    alright. guess i'm doing this:

Heads for Hibbert

Starting LIneup

1. PG Paul George 48 min
    2. SG Stephen Curry 48 min
    3. SF Joakim Noah 36 min SF, 12 min PF
    4. PF Tyson Chandler 36 min, 12 min C
    5. C Roy Hibbert 36 min

Bench

6. PG Mike Conley 0 min
    7. SF Andrei Kirilenko 12 min SF
    8. PG Kyle Lowry 0 min PG
    9. SG Tony Allen 0 min SG
    10. PF/C Tiago Splitter 0 min PF
    11. PG Will Bynum 0 min SG, 0 min PG
    12. SF Jimmy Butler 0 min SF

not that i think this is going to work well... but hey

16. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Sorry guys. My apologies for the lack of updates. Long work days and horrible commutes have meant mobile only access, and I'm not doing an update from mobile. Soon, I promise/hope.

And double apologies to those of you who thought this post was a proper update.

Triple if you were counting on more fake Bill Simmons.

17. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    it's fine inty. stuff happens, and it can be completely outside of your control.

18. EmpireForever

EmpireForever Force Ghost star 8

Mar 15, 2004
  19. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Game 4 of the Finals

LeBron and the Frontrunners at Heads for Hibbert
    From The Cincinnati Gardens, in Cincinnati, OH

Full Play-by-Play
    Box Score

In a game full of adjustments and over adjustments, it seems one of them clearly won out.

As we've always suspected, LeBron James could play point guard at a championship level.

James scored 21 points, dished out 12 assists, and grabbed 8 rebounds, while picking up 5 steals, playing at the point. More importantly, it was the disruption he caused to Heads for Hibbert that made the difference.

James guarded Steph Curry most of the game. Curry still got his points - 24 - but his assists (6) were limited, and his turnovers (4) were high. With James on Curry, Paul George attempted to lead the offense, and struggled mightily. George had 9 points on 3-of-9 shooting, and had 8 turnovers in the game.

The James-lead offense had 35 assists in the game, nearly double what Heads for Hibbert had (19), and had only 8 turnovers as a team - as many as George had himself, and about a third of what Heads for Hibbert had as a team (22). The James-lead offense also shot 52.7% from the field against the vaunted defense of H4H, while H4H were a cold 40.7% from the field and 27.3% from long distance, normally their calling card. Even Curry, 3-for-9, struggled from beyond the arc.

And, so the Finals are now a best-of-three series. And they head back to Seattle, where LeBron and the Frontrunners will look to take command.

Final Score: LeBron and the Frontrunners 107, Heads for Hibbert 94
    The Best-of-Seven Series is tied 2-2.

20. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    that was pretty much what i was expecting. let me think about this, and i'll see what i can come up with.

21. MandaloreYak

MandaloreYak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 29, 2004
    11 minutes, that seems like enough time to think.

22. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    sweet! i think i'll stick with this lineup.

23. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    inty, can you tell me if there's any way to control who is covering who? be much appreciated.

i'll have my lineup in fairly soon after i get an answer to that.

24. EmpireForever

EmpireForever Force Ghost star 8

Mar 15, 2004
    There is no way.

25. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    What he said

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.