main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rogue One The Battle of Scarif -- How It Compares

Discussion in 'Anthology' started by ISSD Executor, Dec 18, 2016.

1. Blue 5

Blue 5 Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 6, 2017
    After a full year, I really think the Battle of Scarif has the best space and ground battle in all of Star Wars. The Battle of Endor is right there, too, but Scarif just had such a great feel and flow, with great shot after great shot.

2. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    I think this battle was near perfection... I do wonder if the sand dash scene (dodging the AT-ACT's) in the trailers were kept in the film - would it elevate it to a 10/10??

Sarge likes this.
  3. Oissan

Oissan Chosen One star 7

Mar 9, 2001
    Including that scenes would have required changing much of the 3rd act, so I don't see how that could have worked out. The scene includes the team having captured that data and now running to the tower to send it, which obviously doesn't work if the data now gets taken inside the tower.

Artoo-Dion and mirrorbright like this.
  4. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    True...

5. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    So just change some of the exterior backgrounds, make it look like the plans were grabbed in a library building, then taken to a transmitter building.

Avnar likes this.
  6. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    We really need to address the 2 lethargic Rebel pilots who get wheeled, haphazardly to their ships with no sense of motivation.

This is the most relevant, urgent moment in the existence of the Rebel Alliance... and everyone is running to their ships, grabbing their assignments... aside from these 2 lazy blokes who appear wholly disinterested in saving the galaxy, being shuttled on the planet's slowest wheelchair service... while their fellow pilots are rocketing past them.

If you have watched the film more than once you know who I'm talking about. I'd post their names but they aren't heroes so they probably weren't given any.

7. 11-4D

11-4D Force Ghost star 5

Apr 6, 2015
    I know which guys you're talking about if one of them looks straight out of 2016.

8. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    *goes to look*

Wow :eek: Lazy sods!

Last edited: Jan 16, 2018
  9. Dark Lord Of The Empire

Dark Lord Of The Empire Jedi Master star 4

Aug 28, 2013
    I wondered what the deal was with those guys lol.
    Anyhow this battle is a masterpiece. I can watch it every day and it gets me hyped every time. It has it all. Gorgeous locale, awesome heroes and awesome villians. Not much else I can add to what others have already said. I just love it!

Avnar likes this.
  10. DarthHass

DarthHass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2004
    I want to sing to the Battle of Scarif--

Nothing compares....to you...:

11. Hyrum_Solo

Hyrum_Solo Jedi Knight star 3

Jul 1, 2015
    One of the problems I have with the BoS is that everything we see, is everything that happens.
    This is cemented by the fact that the camera makes micro time jumps backwards every time the shot changes. There really isn't anything to fill in outside of what we see in the movie.

12. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
    I love both the Battles of D'Quar and Crait in TLJ, but they're very much OT in scale. The Battle of Scarif is much closer to the Battles of Endor or Naboo in terms of scale and structure.

whostheBossk likes this.