main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Bay City, MI The Bay City Jedi Draft

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Axle-Starweilder, Jan 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Axle-Starweilder

Axle-Starweilder Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 6, 2005
  2. EMPEROR_WINDU

EMPEROR_WINDU Force Ghost star 5

Nov 23, 2002

Suriviving Geonosis is still pretty impressive, but it was so often cited because the first drafts were created with AOTC fresh in mind and there was a general lack of large scale Jedi battles. Without Yoda's aid, there would have been no survivors of Geonosis. It wasn't much of a battle in the arena... more of a slaughter. It would be tough for any Force user to survive against an infinite number of battle droids

I like yodaminch's opinion on Sidious and Luke. Dark Nest Luke would beat anyone on the board, including Sidious but DE Luke is not better than Darth Sidious at his best

3. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    And all you got was a lousy t-shirt?

4. Axle-Starweilder

Jan 6, 2005
    i wish i got a t-shirt.

5. Yodaminch

Mar 6, 2002
    Oh I guess I should judge these things huh?

Well I really really REALLY wish I could find more on Arca Jeth. However, I know enough to feel that he could not take a descendent of Anakin Skywalker. And Jaina's powerful enough to defeat Arca I believe.

Winner: Sword of the Jedi

Mara is better then Cay. By how much, I'm not sure. But if I'm saying her apprentice is better then Cay's master, I guess I also feel that Mara is better then Arca's apprentice. I feel that Mara's exploits and success outweigh Cay's.

Winner: Mara

6. Suzuki_Akira

Suzuki_Akira Jedi Master star 7

May 13, 2003
    Arca's not going to overcome the huge power and experience deficit he has to Jaina, and I have doubts about whether he'd even take the skill category.

Winner: Jaina with her hands behind her back and her legs stuck in blorash jelly.

*sigh*

Mara vs. Cay. I think Mara actually takes power via Balance Point. Experience would go to Cay, but skill is a toss up. I haven't seen anything impressive from Cay, and I haven't seen anyone that a healthy Mara hasn't had problems dismantling. I give this one to Mara.

Winner: Shelley and Tiershon_Fett's bestest friend

7. Axle-Starweilder

Jan 6, 2005

i really can't believe that call for acre over jaina.
    i suppose that's why i havn't decided to post any new matches in a few days.
    well that and i've been drinking with burd for the past few days. [face_thinking]

[image=http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a93/axlestarweilder/033_33.jpg]

yah, but anyway, i'll post the next round so we can get this parade on the move, bye.

Bespin Conference

Ken's Berries vs. Plo Koonies Goonies (1-1)

Mace Windu vs. Luke Skywalker

Hoth Conference

The Knights who say: NEEEEEEEEEEEE! vs. Kenobi's Talons(1-1)

Jaden Korr + Kenth Ham Sandwich (Triggity-Trump) vs. Saba + Tesar Sebatyne (Trumpy-Wumpy)

FIGHT!!!

8. Yodaminch

Mar 6, 2002
    Mace is good. But Luke is the son of Anakin who lopped off Mace's arm. Luke is more powerful
    and more in control. He'll fight long with Mace, but he'll win.

Winner: Luke

As to the trump.

Kenth and Jaden aren't as good as Saba as far as being warriors. Jaden's done some
    impressive things and perhaps could best saba. But with tesar by her side, I don't
    see him able to take on both of them. Kenth may be on the council, but he's not a very
    hands on jedi from what i've seen. Saba and Tesar are hunters, warriors.

Winner: Saba and Tesar

9. KenKenobi

KenKenobi Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2002
    Wow, Mace hit him both times we faced. Silly Windu, pickin' fights with Luke.

10. Axle-Starweilder

Jan 6, 2005
    okay, minchie, i'll agree with you.
    heeeeeeeeeeeere we go:

Bespin Conference

Ken's Berries vs. Plo Koonies Goonies (1-2)

Quinlan Vos vs. Vergere

Hoth Conference

The Knights who say: NEEEEEEEEEEEE! vs. Kenobi's Talons(1-2)

Corran Horn vs. Sebbatyne (forefit)

FIGHT!!!

11. Suzuki_Akira

May 13, 2003
    Yeah...next match.

12. Yodaminch

Mar 6, 2002
  13. Axle-Starweilder

Jan 6, 2005
    aw c'mon, guys.
    vergere might have done something.
    she'd have used a force-cluck power.
    and then... yeah then vos would probably just shoot her in the face.

okey-dokey!

Bespin Conference

Ken's Berries vs. Plo Koonies Goonies (2-2)

Leia Organa-Solo vs. Ganner + Kameron Solusar (via trump)

Hoth Conference

The Knights who say: NEEEEEEEEEEEE! vs. Kenobi's Talons(2-2)

Jacen Solo vs. Anakin Skywalker

FIGHT!!!

14. Shadow_of_Durron

Shadow_of_Durron Jedi Knight star 6

May 2, 2003
    Jacen vs. Anakin! Uh-oh! Jacen is teh winnah! Damn awesome match, though. Love to see that in a moving picture.

15. KenKenobi

Jul 11, 2002
    Geez, way to prolong everything by going to teams. Could've ended it real quick, but instead Kenobi hits like his third freaking forfeit, and I win in another rematch.

Jacen vs. Anakin, though? Niiice. Glad I'm not judging it.

16. Yodaminch

Mar 6, 2002
    Well I think Leia could bust the trump.
    But yeah, Jacen vs. Anakin. I need to think on that one for a few minutes.

17. Talon_Kenobi

Talon_Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2003
    Saber Skill: That goes to Anakin. All he did was practise

Force: Raw Power= Anakin
    Understanding= Jacen

So whatever you think there

Experience: Dooku x 2, Ventress, Obi-wan, entire clone wars, in the hardest battles
    Swarm War, Vong Wars....but not always fighting

So I think Anakin takes this with skill and slight experience. But it is extremely close. Lets see those judgemens

18. BENSKYWAKER

BENSKYWAKER Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 28, 2005
    Personally I think this one would go to Jacen, he has had just as much experince, he has more understanding and think to do with the force and Anakin is mostly just a saber dude...But its a sweet fight...

19. Talon_Kenobi

Talon_Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2003
    True but Anakin did completely take it too Dooku. And what would Jacen due of Anakin started using the darkside? Try to explain to him how it doesn't exist?

Also look at most duels. They usually come down to sabers anyway, and the saber is your life

20. whiteeagle

whiteeagle Jedi Master star 6

Dec 24, 2004
    wow. i got owned.

21. Yodaminch

Mar 6, 2002
    Leia vs. Kam and Ganner.

Leia is the daughter of the chosen one. She's not to be underestimated especially with being trained by Luke and Saba. Ganner is sliced and diced. Kam would prove to be a longer fight, but I think Leia could pull it off.

Winner: Leia

Jacen vs. Anakin Skywalker

This has been in my head for hours. I've gone back and forth several times.
    For most of the Clone Wars, Anakin was a man of action. He's dueled dark jedi,
    sith etc. Jacen sat around while his fellow jedi were dieing. He almost let
    his own mother die. He may be good with the force. But as a warrior, I have
    serious doubts. I believe Anakin surpasses Jacen in being a warrior. And that's
    what is needed to win.

Winner: Anakin

22. Suzuki_Akira

May 13, 2003
    Bespin Conference

Ken's Berries vs. Plo Koonies Goonies (2-2)

Leia Organa-Solo vs. Ganner + Kameron Solusar (via trump)

I don't much care who Leia's father is...potential does not equal ability. Leia has the potential to take out this trump, but when she had trouble with Alema(who, IMO, could not beat either member of this trump) you can't seriously expect her to take both of these kids at once.

Winner: "None shall pass" and the old teacher guy.

Hoth Conference

The Knights who say: NEEEEEEEEEEEE! vs. Kenobi's Talons(2-2)

Jacen Solo vs. Anakin Skywalker

"And so it begins."

SUZUKI BREAKDOWN!

Power: I've never bought the "well Padme and Han arent force sensitiv so JAYSON MUST B DILEWTID" argument. I see no visible difference in potential of these two competitors - in fact, if I saw one, it would be in Jacen's favor, given his prodigiousness with a saber at a mere kindergarten age. Jacen made an umbrella to stop turbolasers, lifted tons of material, floated back in time with the Force, and altered biochemical agents at the molecular level WHILE dissipating electrical energy.

Anakin Skywalker blocked droid blasts WHILE mean muggin!

Category: Clearly to Ana - ...yeah right.

Skill: UGH. I HATE this category. Jacen has shown prodigious warrior skills, but inconsistency with his use of them. Lomi may have gotten the jump on him, but really had no business beating Jacen in a saber battle even with a cheapshot. Anakin owned Dooku and has beaten countless Jedi opponents. If this were Darth Vader it would be a done deal, but I suspect that Anakin overpowered Dooku with Form V rather than outskilled him. Jacen's pure swordsmanship, shown in Traitor when he was without the Force, is nothing short of breathtaking. Hang onto your hats ladies and gentlemen...cause this likely doesn't go the way you thought it would...

Category: Push - edge to JACEN

Experience: Yeah.

Category: Anakin Skywalker

I think what it comes down to is this. Anakin has won the majority of his fights by combining his power advantage by his considerable but by no means ultimate or even penultimate skill in his Form V. How will that play out against a more powerful opponent who is just as or not more purely skilled than Anakin? I don't think it will be in Anakin's favor. I seriously went into this breakdown expecting to give Anakin the win...but as I reasoned through it, Anakin's one trump card doesn't apply and neither does his backup.

Winner: "You think you know him, and then he tries to whoop his own granddaddy's ass."

23. Yodaminch

Mar 6, 2002
    One thing that influenced my judgement was someone's comment about what if anakin used the darkside on jacen and jacen gave him the there is no dark side thing. We've seen both of these guys dabble in the dark side as jedi. However, in rogue planet, the clone wars cartoon and republic 73(?) Anakin uses the dark side with little trouble. I think his natural ability just outdoes Jacen's highly philosophical views. Jacen's capable of being a great jedi, but sabotages himself with these stupid views. Anakin doesn't much think on the ethics as his marriage shows. So that's what put me over the top with Anakin.

24. KenKenobi

Jul 11, 2002
    And what would Jacen due of Anakin started using the darkside? Try to explain to him how it doesn't exist?

Or melt his brain. Tomato, tomahto.

25. Suzuki_Akira

May 13, 2003
    Okay, maybe you'd have a point if this were DEBATE DRAFT. However, these people are FIGHTING. Jacen's philosophy means that he wouldn't see Anakin's DS as evil, NOT that he wouldn't believe it existed.

Anakin: "Force lightning!"

Jacen: "You can't do that ****!"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.