main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends The Beatles Sing Star Wars (Song parodies) (Mean Master Yoda) Updated 7/5/06!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by YodaKenobi, Apr 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    Title: The Beatles Sing Star Wars
    Author: YodaKenobi
    Timeframe:
    Characters:
    Genre: Humor
    Keywords: Song parodies
    Summary: Beatles song lyrics changed for SW
    Notes:

Yesterday on my way home I got an eye-opener about what a dork I've become, when I was listening to the Beatles' "Hey Jude," and thought it would be great to write a song parody called "Hey Jade." o_O [face_blush] :-B So then I started thinking about "Being for the Benefit of Mr. Kyp" (Being for the Benefit of Mr. Kite), "X-Wing Starfighter" (Paperback Writer), "Cry Jacen Cry" (Cry Baby Cry) and of course, "General Dodonna" (Lady Madonna). So I came home and wrote this instead because I thought it seemed appropriate to start with, and will post the others when I finish them.

I'm embarrassed to even be posting this [face_blush]

This is a parody of "Back in the U.S.S.R" from the Bealtes' "White Album." Do I need to post the real lyrics, or should it be assumed that people know Beatles' songs? Let me know if you guys think I should post the real lyrics.

[b]Back in the GFFA[/b]

Flew in through the Outer Rim in my X-Wing
    Didn't fix the hyperdrive
    Will I go to Yavin or to Tatooine?
    To tell them Anakin's alive

I'm back in the GFFA
    How I wish I had stayed, now
    Back in the GFFA

Will Tahiri even recognize my face?
    Did she ever doubt my rise?
    What if she's just carried on and married Jace?
    I swore that kid was into guys

I'm back in the GFFA
    Wasn't in Destiny's Way, no
    Back in the GF
    Back in the GF
    Back in the GFFA

I sacrificed myself for the Jedi team
    The leader who quickly resigned
    Why didn't the Vong re-shape a Voxyn Queen?
    Del Rey is messing with my my my my my my my my my mind

Come on!

[insert interstellar guitar solo here]

I'm back in the GFFA
    Go tell those jerks at Del Rey, so
    Back in the GFFA

I got shaped by the Vong in secret, you see?
    But Del Rey didn't like that role
    A quick stop in Kashyyyk to visit a tree
    Use my saber to cut my own pl-pl-pl-pl-pl- plot hole.

Blasting into Denon like a solar flare
    The people cheer me on and swarm
    If Miss Veila moved on and can't make it there
    I guess I'll keep Alema warm

I'm back in the GFFA
    Running out of things to say, here.
    Back in the GFFA

Hey, I'm back!

*Can actually feel himself reaching new levels of geek-dom [face_blush] *

2. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    LOL, excellent!

3. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    That was brilliant, Yoda! Oh, and don't worry about reaching new levels of geekdom. With this, you've proven how cool you are.

4. LukesTheMan

LukesTheMan Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 30, 2004
    I agree, BRILLIANT! =D=

5. Thrawn McEwok

Thrawn McEwok Co-Author: Essential Guide to Warfare star 6 VIP

May 9, 2000
    YK: [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] =D= [face_laugh] [face_laugh] =D= [face_laugh] [face_laugh] :D

Su-kriffing-perb! :p :cool: ;) :D

- The Imperial Ewok

6. Smuggler_Shidakis

Smuggler_Shidakis Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 26, 2004
    =D==D=

Brilliant. Be proud of your Star Wars Geekdom.

7. oldjedinurse

oldjedinurse Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 6, 2003
    [face_laugh] [face_dancing]

If I may borrow from The Imperial Ewok ..

Fan-kriffing-tastic!!

**tune still playing in my head**

You may think you're a geek - even if you are, you're in great company here! I'm starting to think of "SW Geek" as a badge of honor.

More, more!!

oldj [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing]

P.S. It appears from the responses so far that no recitation of the original Beatles lyrics is necessary!

8. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    No, no recitation necessary.

And yeah, forget what I said in my earlier post. Wear the badge of geekdom with honor!

9. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    This is awesome!!! :D Too bad Anakin probably won't actually come back :( I can't wait for the others!

10. NenYim

NenYim Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 6, 2004
    =D= =D=

Wonderful! Can't wait for the next ones.

11. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    Hilarious.

12. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Yay! I love song parodies - they're so much fun. I must do some more myself - keep getting ideas but have no time to write.

Absolutely loved this one. Several bits stood out:

Blasting into Denon like a solar flare
    The people cheer me on and swarm
    If Miss Veila moved on and can't make it there
    I guess I'll keep Alema warm

Gah! No, no, not Alema - but great verse. LOL

And also:

I'm back in the GFFA
    Wasn't in Destiny's Way, no
    Back in the GF
    Back in the GF
    Back in the GFFA

I sacrificed myself for the Jedi team
    The leader who quickly resigned
    Why didn't the Vong re-shape a Voxyn Queen?
    Del Rey is messing with my my my my my my my my my mind

So that's why I fell asleep reading DW. LOL

Great idea to use the Beatles and no you don't need to post the lyrics IMO. Anyone who doesn't know Beatles' songs should be hung, drawn and quartered, and then turned over to Jacen to be lectured on the true nature of the Force. LOL

Wow! You're on a real posting binge at present. :) How on earth do you get the time?

Funnily enough - I was playing around with parodying "Octopus garden" the other day for Admiral Ackbar. :D Is this a case of great minds think alike - or madness is catching???? ;)

Ooh! found the lyrics for "I am Mine" and "Betterman" the other day. Also left strong hints to children that PJ's Rear View Mirror would make an excellent Mother's day gift. :D I couldn't parody PJ of course - but have some ideas as to how to use those lyrics for poems or possibly viggies.

Looking forward to more. :)

13. _Jedi_of_Destiny_

_Jedi_of_Destiny_ Jedi Padawan star 4

May 17, 2003
    Wow! [face_laugh] That was amazing! Brilliant! Hey, being a geek ain't so bad, right? Look at the great company your in! :)

14. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
    You guys are the best :) :p

DarthIshtar: LOL, excellent!

RK: That was brilliant, Yoda! Oh, and don't worry about reaching new levels of geekdom. With this, you've proven how cool you are.

:p Thanks, I'll keep that in mind. Glad you enjoyed it :D

LukesTheMan: I agree, BRILLIANT!

Thanks. I like your user name, btw :D

Thrawn: Su-kriffing-perb!

Thanks [face_blush] :D

Shidakis: Brilliant. Be proud of your Star Wars Geekdom.

Okay ;) Thanks :) *Remembers Shidakis' Pink Floyd songfic*

oldj: If I may borrow from The Imperial Ewok ..
    Fan-kriffing-tastic!!

:D :D :D

**tune still playing in my head**

Yes, it is infectious. I always really liked that song.

You may think you're a geek - even if you are, you're in great company here! I'm starting to think of "SW Geek" as a badge of honor.

More, more!!

I'll try soon.

P.S. It appears from the responses so far that no recitation of the original Beatles lyrics is necessary!

Yeah, I'm surprised :) Thanks again [:D]

RK: No, no recitation necessary.

Good :D

And yeah, forget what I said in my earlier post. Wear the badge of geekdom with honor!

*Shines Geek-badge*

NYC: This is awesome!!! Too bad Anakin probably won't actually come back I can't wait for the others!

Yeah :( He can still live in fan fic though ;) Thanks for reading :D

NenYim: Wonderful! Can't wait for the next ones.

Thank you :)

RM: Hilarious.

Glad you thought so :)

Tahi: Yay! I love song parodies - they're so much fun. I must do some more myself - keep getting ideas but have no time to write.

Yes, I remember your parodies quite fondly :) I hope you write some more.

Absolutely loved this one. Several bits stood out:
    Gah! No, no, not Alema - but great verse. LOL

haha, sorry :p It seemed like the only thing that fit that was good for a laugh.

And also:
    So that's why I fell asleep reading DW. LOL [/i]

Yes, that book was pretty boring in places... a lot of places.

Great idea to use the Beatles and no you don't need to post the lyrics IMO. Anyone who doesn't know Beatles' songs should be hung, drawn and quartered, and then turned over to Jacen to be lectured on the true nature of the Force. LOL

[face_laugh] I'm not sure I feel quite that strongly about it ;) I doubt most of the people I know my age know Beatles songs very well. They could probably recite 50 cent for us though *is ashamed of his generation*

Wow! You're on a real posting binge at present. How on earth do you get the time?

Yes :p That new fic only took me about 20 minutes to write, and I don't plan on spending any longer on future posts for it. Whatever I can come up with in 20 minutes goes :p Since it's first person and just Jaina talking, I can pretty much do anything I want. No pressure if she tells something disjointed, switches back in time for different anecdotes, because that's the way people tell stories.

This didn't take much longer than that.

Funnily enough - I was playing around with parodying "Octopus garden" the other day for Admiral Ackbar. Is this a case of great minds think alike - or madness is catching????

[face_laugh] That would be great, I never would have thought of that [face_laugh] Ah Ringo :p I was thinking of making a "Yellow Submarine" parody, but all I can come up with is "Chancellor Palpatine" :p

Ooh! found the lyrics for "I am Mine" and "Betterman" the other day.

I could have sent you those ;) or the guitar tabs :p

Also left strong hints to children that PJ's Rear View Mirror would make an excellent Mother's day gift. I couldn't parody PJ of course - but have some ideas as to how to use those lyrics for poems or possibly viggies.

Ohh, goody. I've always though "Off He Goes"

15. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    I doubt most of the people I know my age know Beatles songs very well. They could probably recite 50 cent for us though *is ashamed of his generation*
    Myeh, don't be. I blame it on the parents - not enough indoctrination. ;) My kids cut their teeth listening to Queen, The Beatles, The Hollies, Split Enz, Duran Duran, PJ, Nirvana and Led Zeppelin. :) If you ask my oldest daughter what year she was born, she'll say: " the same year that John Lennon died." We'd be lost without music.

That new fic only took me about 20 minutes to write, and I don't plan on spending any longer on future posts for it. Whatever I can come up with in 20 minutes goes Since it's first person and just Jaina talking, I can pretty much do anything I want. No pressure if she tells something disjointed, switches back in time for different anecdotes, because that's the way people tell stories.

This didn't take much longer than that

Yeah, it's funny how some stories just roll off the pen like that. It's fun when that happens.

I was thinking of making a "Yellow Submarine" parody, but all I can come up with is "Chancellor Palpatine
    ROTFL You must do something with that. "We want to be like Chancellor Palpatine . . ." ;)

I've always though "Off He Goes" would make a good Anakin/Tahiri fic
    Ooh, now there's an idea. Thanks. :)

It's very slow and folksy, from when the band was purposly releasing songs as singles that they knew rock radio wouldn't play
    Ah, gotta love those guys. Up the music "establishment." I love people who don't give a toss. :)

Can't wait to see what song you do next. :)

16. MaraJade1225

MaraJade1225 Jedi Master star 2

Mar 29, 2004
    AHAHAHAHAH...holy geez....that was effing hilarious!!! Oh man....and can't wait to see what hilarious material you produce for lyrics of the next song....great work...lol

MaraJ

17. DathomiranAuthor

DathomiranAuthor Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 18, 2005
    Wow. Brilliant. Quite impressive, how you got it to rhyme, and with the right rhythm and everything! Yes, you must write more of these. :D

18. Solo-Evenstar

Solo-Evenstar Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 2, 2005
    What about Asteroid Fields Forever?

For Han and Leia ;)

19. Jaded_Girl

Jaded_Girl Jedi Master star 4

Aug 9, 2001
    BEATLES! YAY!!!! *agrees with YodaKenobi's shame at this generation's frequent ignorance of them and also agrees with Tahi's suggestions for what to do with them... [face_devil] *

*also was fortunate to be raised in a household somewhat similar to Tahi's* :cool:

This is an awesome parody, YodaKenobi! I really enjoyed it and you got the beat down pat! [face_peace]

I can't wait for more, and I will definietly cast my vote for a "Chancellor Palpatine"! Perhaps also the "Asteroid Fields Forever" and maybe a "Hey, Luke"... [face_batting]

:p :D

*happy sigh* So many possibilities! *wanders off humming "I Wanna Hold Your Hand"*

20. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
    Tahi: Myeh, don't be. I blame it on the parents - not enough indoctrination. My kids cut their teeth listening to Queen, The Beatles, The Hollies, Split Enz, Duran Duran, PJ, Nirvana and Led Zeppelin. If you ask my oldest daughter what year she was born, she'll say: " the same year that John Lennon died." We'd be lost without music.

You're a good mom ;) My mom listens to some awful music a lot of the time, but when I was little I remember her playing "Magical Mystery Tour" and "Sgt. Pepper's" quite often, and my dad would listen to Led Zepplin and the Who. I don't think I really liked any of it until late high school though :p Except "I Am the Walrus." That's still my favorite :p

Yeah, it's funny how some stories just roll off the pen like that. It's fun when that happens.

Yes :)

ROTFL You must do something with that. "We want to be like Chancellor Palpatine . . ."

Yeah, I was trying to work out the chorus :p

Ah, gotta love those guys. Up the music "establishment." I love people who don't give a toss.

Indeed :cool:

Can't wait to see what song you do next.

I think it will be Paperback Writer, but I'm not sure [face_thinking]

MaraJ: AHAHAHAHAH...holy geez....that was effing hilarious!!! Oh man....and can't wait to see what hilarious material you produce for lyrics of the next song....great work...lol

MaraJ gets extra points for her reply because she wrote the word "effing" [face_laugh]

DathomiranAuthor: Wow. Brilliant. Quite impressive, how you got it to rhyme, and with the right rhythm and everything! Yes, you must write more of these.

Thanks, I'm glad you liked it and thought everything worked :D I wasn't sure about the bridges [face_thinking]

Solo-Evenstar: What about Asteroid Fields Forever?

[face_laugh] Perfect, I was trying to think of something fro Strawberry Fields :D

For Han and Leia

Maybe :p

Jaded Girl: BEATLES! YAY!!!! *agrees with YodaKenobi's shame at this generation's frequent ignorance of them and also agrees with Tahi's suggestions for what to do with them... *

[:D] Bless you.

*also was fortunate to be raised in a household somewhat similar to Tahi's*

:D

This is an awesome parody, YodaKenobi! I really enjoyed it and you got the beat down pat!

I can't wait for more, and I will definietly cast my vote for a "Chancellor Palpatine"! Perhaps also the "Asteroid Fields Forever" and maybe a "Hey, Luke"...

"Hey Luke" does sound better than "Hey Jade" [face_thinking] I was also thinking about "Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band" being "Luke Skywalker Loves the Emperor's Hand" :p

*happy sigh* So many possibilities! *wanders off humming "I Wanna Hold Your Hand"*

Thanks again :)

21. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    Nice song-fic. Like the beat. *nods to teh beat*

*Can actually feel himself reaching new levels of geek-dom *

Oh really? I doubt you can beat me at that (I hummed Imperial March as I read one of the Tales of the Jedi comics and couldn't make myself shut up). Oh, and I was caught humming that tune by Jake Lloyd (I know it sounds crazy, but we're both students at CHS and I'm pretty sure that blondie is him since he's known to give strange looks to people who bring up anything SW when he's around).

*hands YK directions to the math club, a large pair of glasses, and a few thick books on computers, a pocket protector, a geeky outfit, pens to go with the pocket protector, and a TI 89+ Titanium GC*

There. That should bring your level in geekdom up by four or five.

Really, the big time geeks are the ones who turn up at Math Club meetings (every Math Club member, except for one guy who just refuses to admit what he is, is a proud geek).

Still has a pair of glasses (but I'll only wear 'em if my contacts fail),

SilSolo

22. TheCrazyRodian

TheCrazyRodian Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2004
    James Taylor, baby. That's the stuff. Born and raised on his music. And surprisingly enough, at my college there is a high proportion of people who appreciate James Taylor compared to those who don't. Not bad for a bunch of barely two-decaders.

Incidentally, YK, this is a great idea. We all could use more of the Beatles.

23. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
    Sil: Nice song-fic. Like the beat. *nods to teh beat*

Oh really? I doubt you can beat me at that (I hummed Imperial March as I read one of the Tales of the Jedi comics and couldn't make myself shut up). Oh, and I was caught humming that tune by Jake Lloyd (I know it sounds crazy, but we're both students at CHS and I'm pretty sure that blondie is him since he's known to give strange looks to people who bring up anything SW when he's around).

[face_laugh]

*hands YK directions to the math club, a large pair of glasses, and a few thick books on computers, a pocket protector, a geeky outfit, pens to go with the pocket protector, and a TI 89+ Titanium GC*
    There. That should bring your level in geekdom up by four or five.

Great :-B

Really, the big time geeks are the ones who turn up at Math Club meetings (every Math Club member, except for one guy who just refuses to admit what he is, is a proud geek).
    Still has a pair of glasses (but I'll only wear 'em if my contacts fail),

I only wear contacts ;)

Rodian: James Taylor, baby. That's the stuff. Born and raised on his music. And surprisingly enough, at my college there is a high proportion of people who appreciate James Taylor compared to those who don't. Not bad for a bunch of barely two-decaders.

Yeah a lot of people like "JT" :p My mother being one of them 8-}

Incidentally, YK, this is a great idea. We all could use more of the Beatles.

Thanks and I agree :D :)

24. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Thanks for reading

You're welcome :)

25. Laura_Anu

Laura_Anu Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 27, 2002
    Holy cow! That was brilliant! Back in the day, I used to write TONS of SW/Beatles parodies...haha, those days are definitely OVER, because I realized that I stink at it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.