main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena "The Beautiful Game" - The Official JCC Football (Soccer) Thread.

Discussion in 'Community' started by FORCE_SKIN, Feb 7, 2004.

1. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    forbes has released their annual list of the ten most valuable clubs in the world - not much change, other than the two spanish titans swapping places at the top, and liverpool moving up a few spots after an incredible 18 months:

1. Barcelona: $4.76bn (2020: #2)
    2. Real Madrid: $4.75bn (2020: #1)
    3. Bayern Munich: $4.215bn (2020: #4)
    4. Manchester United: 4.2bn (2020: #3)
    5. Liverpool: $4.1bn (2020: #8)
    6. Manchester City: $4.0bn (2020: #5)
    7. Chelsea: $3.2bn (2020: #6)
    8. Arsenal: $2.8bn (2020: #7)
    9. Paris St-Germain: $2.5bn (2020: NR)
    10. Tottenham: $2.3bn (2020: #9)

juve dropped off of the list.

EHT likes this.
  2. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    onward. not the best game, but enough. final four of europe is a bit more than i expected at the start of the year, and a lot more than i expected around the time we sacked lampard.

3. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    @DarthIntegral I'm going to need you to win the tie tomorrow. We can't have a grotesque semi of financial doper vs financial doper. Can you do that for me?

4. FatBurt

FatBurt Sex Scarecrow Vanquisher star 6

Jul 21, 2003
    Barrow with a 2-1 win today

Puts us in 20th with a game in hand a currently 9 point clear of the drop zone and with a significant goal difference. We have a chance of staying up this year and if everything runs to plan with 'Rona and the vaccine I intend to be there for the last game of the season as we stay up (fingers crossed).

Either way, my old school mate Paul Hornby has done an amazing job as chairman over the last few years and whilst the next few weeks still carry a nervous element to it, it's clear he's learning from mistakes and that a solid foundation will be in place for next year whichever league we're in.

5. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    My hope is that UEFA direct the refs to give BVB a few calls tomorrow. 1) to help atone for the terrible call that took an away goal off the board the first time and 2) because UEFA want the Haaland Mbappe game and the weeks to hype it.

Plus, Pep always ****s up in Champions League

SithLordDarthRichie and Diggy like this.
  6. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    [​IMG]

7. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Bissouma putting in a lot of consistently good performances for Brighton.

I think the big clubs will go for him.
    He'd certainly be cheaper than Declan Rice.

8. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    intyyyyyyyyyy

9. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    I'm excited to be all-in on the DFB Pokal

10. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    plz pokal a few more goals by ederson thx

say no to city 2021

11. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Well, Real Madrid for the cup, then.

*vom*

FatBurt likes this.
  12. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    you're disgusting

Diggy likes this.
  13. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    They're the least disgusting of the choices.

FatBurt likes this.
  14. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Honestly, the most likeable choice is none of them.

However, two of them at least have Americans on their roster, so there's that silver lining. One of them actually plays, and the other was transferred from my favorite team, so ...

Of note, this is the first time two Americans are in the semifinals of UCL (and hey @A Chorus of Disapproval - both are from Pennsylvania)

15. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
  16. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    PSG winning the CL wouldn't be great, but I'd take it over City.

17. CairnsTony

CairnsTony Force Ghost star 5

May 7, 2014
    Jude Bellingham has to go to the Euros surely. Only 17, but what a player.

SithLordDarthRichie likes this.
  18. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Why do you want him to experience failure at such a young age. You’re a monster, Tony!

FatBurt and CairnsTony like this.
  19. CairnsTony

May 7, 2014
    He needs to be humiliated on the pitch as Theo Walcott was at five, or whenever it was he started playing for England. Good for the spirit.

Diggy likes this.
  20. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Maybe you haven't noticed, but he's already experiencing failure

heels1785 likes this.
  21. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    I think he's better off staying at the Under 18s or Under 21 level for now.
    Greenwood has been great this season and he doesn't get picked for England senior squad either.

Rice should get the opportunity to prove himself as the go to reliable English CDM and there are other box-to-box options currently in the team.
    If England struggle or certain players don't perform, no reason to then not try Belligham down the line.

But I wouldn't take him to the Euros

Last edited: Apr 15, 2021
  22. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    rice has a torn ligament in his knee and is very questionable to play in the euros.

23. CairnsTony

May 7, 2014
    England have cover in that position with more experienced players; but depending on what Southgate has in mind -he seems unusually cautious, playing Rice and Phillips together, and there's still Henderson, despite an abundance of attacking options. I wouldn't dismiss the idea of bringing Bellingham however. He is incredibly mature for a seventeen year old and incredibly versatile, because he can also play in the attacking midfield role. Player attitude counts for a great deal IMHO. I think he gives England options that other players in that position don't necessarily have.

Rooney made his senior international debut at 17, and he isn't alone in that regard. That's because he was an exceptional talent and brought something different to England.

I don't think Greenwood is quite ready for that reason. He is a huge talent, but give him a bit longer to mature. Though if he gets picked for the Euros than I certainly hope he proves me wrong.

I'm pretty certain @Diggy was joking.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2021
  24. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    The Under-21 setup is ridiculous. Even the manager has said his job is not to challenge for trophies, but to "mentor" those that might make the full squad. That's not his job, that's the role of their clubs

25. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Playing two holding midfielders against Granada, with a two away goal advantage?
    Seriously?
    Looks like VDB is going to have to save Ole's life in order to get a start.

Tuanzebe finally starting, though only because Bailly has covid and Maguire is suspended.