main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena "The Beautiful Game" - The Official JCC Football (Soccer) Thread.

Discussion in 'Community' started by FORCE_SKIN, Feb 7, 2004.

1. Blobofat

Blobofat Chosen One star 8

Dec 15, 2000
    [​IMG]

2. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    manager shifts in the championship - scott parker left fulham, now at bournemouth. fulham has hired marco silva - last seen getting hull relegated, sacked by watford for talking to other teams, and sacked within 6 months by neverton. it may be a while until we see the cottagers in the prem again.

also, unsurprisingly, ramos signing with PSG.

3. epic

epic Ex Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 1999
    pretty sure clubs just get swooned by his dashing good looks and kinda forget he's actually a **** manager

Last edited: Jul 1, 2021
    heels1785 likes this.
  4. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    espn has varane close to a deal with united. never thought i'd see the day! the absence of woodward seems to be working wonders, epic and rich.

5. Everton

Everton Chosen One star 10

Jul 18, 2003
    On the surface it’s a poor show to appoint a former Liverpool boss, but I will admit to being… curious… and to (surprising myself, even) possessing an open mind.

6. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    I supported Spurs when he was "interim manager" at Chelsea. Despicable bloke. Some things cannot be forgiven.

7. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    i like rafa a lot. i wish he'd stayed at chelsea, think he could have won the league with that group jose did, and might not have self-destructed spectacularly the year after

hated how our fans treated him, did a great job and netted a european trophy

8. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    chelsea loaning gilmour out for the season to norwich.

i do think rice and haaland will be all of this summer's business for chelsea. on haaland, i think marina will take advantage of the financial circumstances of the spanish and italian clubs and offer well (120-130M) above haaland's 2022 release clause amount (75M) while those clubs cannot, thus forcing dormund to pass on a sizeable financial windfall to keep the player for one year or sell. dortmund can also take that haaland + sancho money and buy players for cheaper this offseason than they'll be able to next year, with many clubs in dire need of the cash.

strike while the iron is hot. very unlikely we'll be coming off of a UCL trophy next year, or that tuchel's stock will be any higher.

9. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Since Chelsea have Jorginho & Kante already, do they really need Rice?

10. FatBurt

FatBurt Sex Scarecrow Vanquisher star 6

Jul 21, 2003
    Yes, he's younger than both, better (IMO) than Jorginho and imagine what he'd learn from Kante over the next 2 or 3 years.

Get Rice, sell Jorginho

heels1785 likes this.
  11. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    jorginho's value will be high after the euros, and a few of the top italian clubs were already pursuing him last year. in truth, he was inconsistent and often poor under both lampard and tuchel, and we're better off with a younger option. if we could get 30-35 mil for him and use that and the tomori money (24M) from milan to offset the rice fee, it's good business.

12. FatBurt

Jul 21, 2003
    I think Rice will move this season, he's turned down two new contract offers and has apparently sounded out the United players around the atmosphere at Old Trafford (he's ex Chelsea and best mates with Mount so probably already has an idea about there)

It's either Lingard and cash for Rice OR shedloads of cash for Rice depending on who buys him.

I suspect a bid of £70-80m or £50m + Lingard would probably turn Gold and Sullivan's heads enough to get a deal done

13. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    united certainly needs him more, but if they're dropping big money on sancho and verane, i'm skeptical they'll make another big move. leicester typically charge top dollar, so i'm not sure ndidi will be any cheaper than rice, even without the english tax.

14. FatBurt

Jul 21, 2003
    If United can't get Rice, I'd debate skipping Ndidi (great player that he is) and go for Ward-Prowse. Great set piece player for when Fernandez isn't available and is a quality shield for Southampton. In all honesty I would have taken him to the Euro's ahead of White when we needed to bring a back up player in.

I would even consider him ahead of Bellingham based on age and experience

15. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Rice is a Chelsea fan, if there is a bid from both teams he'll always choose Chelsea.

Ndidi would be very expensive and Leicester won't want Lingard in exchange.

United's summer transfer fund is apparently around £150m
    Sancho for 70 + Varane at 45m still leaves 35m and any funds that can be generated by player sales.

Supposedly United have interest in Goretzka & Camavinga

Last edited: Jul 2, 2021
  16. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    goretzka would cost more than sancho, and every club on earth wants camavinga. would be a bidding war.

17. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Neves would be a smart choice.

Or Bissouma

18. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
  19. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Palace have hired Patrick Viera as manager, replacing Woy, who wetired. Sky's the limit, I know how brilliant he was in MLS, and he's surely grown from his time in Ligue 1.

Barcelona allowing Umiti and Pijanic to leave on free transfers, to balance their books. Both would be big additions to any club willing to pay their wages.

20. FatBurt

Jul 21, 2003
    Barca apparently prepared to let players leave on free transfers so they can bring their wage bill down (and keep Messi)

Umtiti and Pjanic apparently the first two available to move on if any clubs come in for them

Just let Messi go

Last edited: Jul 4, 2021
  21. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    has anyone caught the "all or nothing" football documentaries on amazon? i watched the spurs/jose one for the lols (it delivered), and now am watching the one on leeds. had no idea they were such a big club, and what an enigma bielsa is.

great series though, highly reccommend.

Darth Punk likes this.
  22. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    Dirty club, awful fans. Check out The Damned United

heels1785 likes this.
  23. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Leeds have won 4 league titles (including the 91/92 season) and the FA Cup, hardly a small club.

There are worse fans out there.

Barca should let Messi go, but who will take him?
    Most clubs can't afford the wages he'd want.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2021
  24. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    big game tonight - copa final between brazil and argentina, neymar vs messi. 3rd place game between colombia and peru last night was spectacular - hoping for a similar wide-open, fast-paced final.

EHT likes this.
  25. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Hoping Messi and Argentina can pull it off tonight. Messi deserves an international title. He’s still carrying the team like before, but this time it seems like they’re also supporting him instead of just relying on him to do it all… that seems to be the difference.

heels1785 likes this.