main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena "The Beautiful Game" - The Official JCC Football (Soccer) Thread.

Discussion in 'Community' started by FORCE_SKIN, Feb 7, 2004.

1. El Jedi Colombiano

El Jedi Colombiano Chosen One star 6

Jun 24, 2013
    So rude heels [face_laugh]

heels1785 likes this.
  2. FatBurt

FatBurt Sex Scarecrow Vanquisher star 6

Jul 21, 2003
  3. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    leon bailey from neverkusen to villa. slots in for grealish if they lose him - big upside and captains jamaica at age 23, quality signing.

El Jedi Colombiano likes this.
  4. FatBurt

Jul 21, 2003
    Grealish will join City this window. With them dropping £100m on Grealish, I can't see them pushing on for Kane unless Spurs drop their valuation a lot

5. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Surely they need another striker more than another midfielder.

6. El Jedi Colombiano

El Jedi Colombiano Chosen One star 6

Jun 24, 2013
    Guardiola spending almost a billion euros to win the Champions League :confused:.
    Kind of a shame that Villa didn’t go down 2 seasons ago, which would have guaranteed United would have gone in for him. He seems like the kind of player Fergie would have died for.

Hopefully CITEH’s business with Villa crashes :p

heels1785 likes this.
  7. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    you'd think. but pep used nearly every winger he's got at the top of a false 9 last year, so maybe he just goes that route again. they went all of last season with just one traditional striker and walked the league, nothing keeping them from doing it again.

8. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Useful to have options though, in case Pep wants to try something different.

Unwillingness to adapt can make you predictable.

Grealish is a great signing though and given KDB has been injured a few times the last couple of seasons it will help City to have someone else around who can be the driving force in the team

9. FatBurt

Jul 21, 2003
    City have proven that a striker isn't essential for the way they play

Having a striker would allow them to change their dynamic but it's possible he's looking at his youth (Delap) and thinking that Sterling and Jesus will be sufficient alongside the wealth of creative and attacking talent he has

10. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Lots of rumours for a while that Jesus is leaving City.

It wouldn't surprise me, he's not been particularly consistent

11. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Apparently (at least per The Athletic and Sky) Harry Kane outright didn't show up at Tottenham's training camp today to try and force the transfer issue. Obviously everything's going smoothly and being calmly negotiated, this is fine, etc.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2021
  12. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Yup, and they're fining him for breach of contract (for not showing up to practice).

13. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Yeah, but it’s a Spurs contract, so that fine is… what, two potatoes?

Last edited: Aug 2, 2021
    EHT likes this.
  14. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Even if he wants out, are City going to pay £100m + for him & Grealish?

Seems a lot even for City

15. FatBurt

Jul 21, 2003
    Standard penalty, weeks wages

He's clearly pushing for the move, it's up to someone to either pay Spurs asking price of around £150m which I doubt City will do if they get Grealish OR for Spurs to drop the asking price which is unlikely because Levy.

I can see him being there after the window closes and him being very pissed off about it

16. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    United definitely won't go in for him unless Levy drops the price, they're more likely to wait & try for Haaland next season.

It appears Chelsea are also more interested in Haaland, so doesn't leave many options for Kane right now

17. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Ah, so just a half a spud, or a “hay-po” if you will.

FatBurt likes this.
  18. FatBurt

Jul 21, 2003

United have a fair chance on Haaland next year because of the Solskjaer factor. Provided they're in the CL next year (and Chelsea don't get him this season) there is a good chance he'll go there (Real/Barca finances not withstanding)

19. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Priority now must be CDM.

But it sounds like United will have to sell players first

20. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    the catch with haaland in the premier league is going to be the wage structure - been the elephant in the room during this whole dance with chelsea, the wage that raiola was after.

real madrid and barcelona have willingly blown up their wage structure before, and psg has none to speak of, they just spend like there's no tomorrow. i don't know that chelsea, united, or even city would be willing to deal with the insanity that would result when their top players started asking for enormous raises to close the gap with haaland. city might be able to do it, with KDB (currently at 385K) and presumably grealish - i don't think united or chelsea would.

i think haaland goes to real madrid if he stays signed with dortmund through this year, have said that all along. they won't get mbappe, so they'll trigger the release clause next summer and pay him 500-600K a week.

21. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    daily fail (along with some tier one sources) saying grealish deal goes through with city today.

22. FatBurt

Jul 21, 2003
    Was just about to post that 100m deal by all accounts

Villa fans losing their heads on twitter calling him a traitor.

Hmmmmm guaranteed trophies with City or very slim chance of doing something with Villa?

Its like Kanes situation buy he's chosen to leave at the right time whereas Kane should have left 2 or 3 years back

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

Last edited: Aug 4, 2021
    DarthIntegral likes this.
  23. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    It really seems like Kane needed a better agent to advise him to only go in for three or four years rather than six. Even if, circa 2016, you’re bullish about Tottenham putting together a squad that can back up your ambitions, that’s a bet you need to hedge.

Edit: And at least according to The Athletic this isn’t even the first time whatever contract handlers that have been involved have pulled this “gentleman’s agreement” thing? If it’s not in writing the employer won’t honor it! They barely honor what’s on paper!

FatBurt likes this.
  24. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    so ligue 1 starts friday - going to watch more non-prem football this year than i have in years past, i think. for the muricans, every league seems to have a different network - to the best of my knowledge, here's the breakdown:

peacock (nbc) = english prem
    paramount plus (cbs) = champions league, europa league, serie a, nwsl, scottish prem, brazil prem, argentina prem
    espn+ = bundesliga, la liga, efl championship, fa cup, mls
    bein sports = ligue 1 (inty ray hudson won't be on the calls, left network last week)

what did i miss

DarthIntegral likes this.
  25. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Fortuna Liga, only available by using a VPN to access the O2 TV CZ packages! :p

Thrill as Slavia and Sparta are once again comfortably resting at the top of the table! It’s like Bundesliga but with one more contender and even fewer Champions League positions!

Mar17swgirl and heels1785 like this.