main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena "The Beautiful Game" - The Official JCC Football (Soccer) Thread.

Discussion in 'Community' started by FORCE_SKIN, Feb 7, 2004.

1. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    sorry rich

kc & the sunshine band have never sounded better.

Ramza likes this.
  2. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    I'm so torn, because on the one hand, I'm not big on chants directed against the opposition, but on the other hand the fans' decision to set "Ole's at the Wheel" to "Give It Up" is just so ****ing catchy. I've been watching YouTube videos of it all day.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2021
    SithLordDarthRichie likes this.
  3. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    It's too good for them not to do it, 44toons can't be hated.

Although, is the guy mocking Neville who looks like Roy Keane supposed to be Carragher?

4. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    yes, the one who murders zidane is carragher. gary says "thanks jaymeh" when he does it.

442oons keane wears a kilt, carries around a baseball bat, and says "feckin" every other word.

5. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Yeah it certainly didn't sound like Keane.

But I don't think it's a good imitation of JC

https://www.espn.co.uk/football/man...h-in-solskjaerconte-eyed-as-successor-sources

"Although ESPN has been told the atmosphere around the club is nowhere close to being "as toxic as it was under Mourinho," the defeat to Liverpool has cast an air of resignation around Old Trafford about Solskjaer's future as manager.

ESPN has been told that Solskjaer's inability to solve the team's defensive problems, his apparent "favouritism" of underperforming players and reluctance to hand opportunities to Jesse Lingard, Donny van de Beek & Nemanja Matic has led to some players openly criticising the manager to teammates while on international duty.

Sources also said that senior players have become exasperated by Solskjaer's failure to impose his authority on United's misfiring forwards.

One source cited the lack of understanding between Cristiano Ronaldo and Mason Greenwood as being down to Solskjaer and his inability to force the pair to link up more convincingly. Teammates have noticed that the pair rarely pass to each other in attacking positions and that Ronaldo is becoming visibly irritated by his young teammate's decision to shoot rather than pass in goal-scoring positions
    "

So basically...

(language warning)

6. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Having watched entirely too many of these cartoons after following up on recommendations, sometimes the impressions are way off just because of some old jokes. For example, Messi talks with a tired English accent because in 2014 he was in a Harry Potter bit.

7. FatBurt

FatBurt Sex Scarecrow Vanquisher star 6

Jul 21, 2003
    Huge rumours doing the rounds that United have opened talks with Conte.

Its obvious and an easy one to throw out but I've seen a few reputable accounts on twitter (and talksport) suggest it.

8. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Fabrizio says no.

9. FatBurt

Jul 21, 2003
    United can contact a manager without sacking a manager first.

He clearly states that Conte wants it but United haven't made a decision yet

The noises in general are up there when a manager gets the boot. He May make it to the Spurs game but I have a niggling feeling he may be gone tomorrow.

I won't swear on it as I don't know but based on how sackings have gone in the past, United sleep on it for day before making a decision

Moyes was well telegraphed, with Van Gaal we knew the final was his last match win or lose and with Mourinho we saw it coming a couple of months prior and the buzz was a loss at Liverpool would seal it

Solksjaer MAY make it to the weekend but he won't make it much further.

10. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    imagine gary neville was onto something - united is run very differently now than it was 5 years ago. there were no plans this year to change managers, so they won't, unless the situation becomes untenable. which it is not.

ole's side lost 1-6 at spurs last year, turned around and smacked newcastle 4-1 the following week. lost to a sad arsenal side last year, immediately ran off a 13-game unbeaten streak. i really think they're going to give him a bit more time.

11. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    At least until after the City game, if United get spanked then and lose to Spurs they might do something.

Or if they lose in the CL group and don't get into the next round.

The big issue is the players, so long as they're still with him he may well stay in place.
    If the players make it clear they've lost faith in him the board will have to act

12. FatBurt

Jul 21, 2003
    United lost to spurs 6-1 but had a poor side. Solskjaer had fan support in the bank but had been looking capable in the weeks prior

this time, they've lost to their arch rivals, they've spent a lot of money on some good players to an extent that at the start of the season, people spoke of them as possible challengers but the performances this year have been dismal, there a rumours of significant discontent behind the scenes including players questioning Solskjaers ability and to top it all off, he's now losing the fan base.

He'll be gone before the winter transfer window and I'd be surprised if he made it to December.

United nexts fixtures
    Spurs away - Loss or draw most likely
    Atalanta away - loss or draw most likely
    City home - loss
    Watford away - Win probably but they struggle against this type of team so a draw is feasible
    Villareal away - loss
    Chelsea away - loss

Thats my prediction with Solskjaer in charge.

The board will make a similar projection. You keep him throughout November and you're out of the CL and the league is long gone.

You bring in an Elite manager and you may salvage progression in the CL and improve in the knockout stages and you may stable the ship in time to maintain top 4

With Solskjaer, this is unlikely to be the case

13. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Unless he somehow gets a coaching staff overhaul in the next few games

14. epic

epic Ex Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 1999
    He’s a dead man walking. If the Tottenham game doesn’t do it, City definitely will.

15. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Rich :rose

I’m glad you’re finally on board with what I said from day one. Ole is ****. I won’t be crowing as I was if you get Conte.

so may long Ole reign!

P..S Klopp was the only manager to speak out against The abhorrent new Newcastle owners. It says much about him and a great deal about the rest.

16. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    [​IMG]

he's returned to us.

17. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    No, I’m not.

for some reason: work from home=not commuting two hours a day=working four more hours a day.

fml

DarthIntegral and heels1785 like this.
  18. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    don't let the bastards get you down, dig.

19. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    He won’t listen. Any more than rich will accept Alec Ferguson’s Manchester United is not the same as Manchester United; one is a success, the other just thinks it is.

DarthIntegral likes this.
  20. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    I don't think anyone thinks current United is successful.

21. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    we are told daily that they would be without mcfred, though.

so we just need to identify the equivalent of mcfred at diggy's company and send those folks off to go play in china or the shady saudi league. that should fix everything.

FatBurt likes this.
  22. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    They'd play better without McFred, still no chance of winning the league without a top quality DM brought in.

I said Ole would be gone by Christmas if he didn't get one and fix up the midfield.

23. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    JFC. But long may it continue.

edit: I hate to say it, because I obv dislike him, but @Ramza please weigh in.

@Darth Punk better to be a Japanese POW than a…..oh do **** off.

heels1785 and Darth Punk like this.
  24. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Realistically, like any top club in the Premier League, Man U should be measuring success in terms of finishing in the top four, since the sorting in those positions can come down to luck. From this standpoint they're still a very successful club, and Ole has done a good job at maintaining a squad that can reasonably expect that level of success. The random element can then be mitigated with good tactics, and I think that's specifically where Ole comes up short compared to the likes of Klopp and Pep.

Unrealistically, of course their failure to secure silverware is evidence of grievous structural issues, and the best remedy would be to replace Ole by putting Ronnie at the wheel. #Koeman2ManU get it trending.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2021
    EHT and heels1785 like this.
  25. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003