main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena "The Beautiful Game" - The Official JCC Football (Soccer) Thread.

Discussion in 'Community' started by FORCE_SKIN, Feb 7, 2004.

1. FatBurt

FatBurt Sex Scarecrow Vanquisher star 6

Jul 21, 2003
    Absolute lols

2. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Terrible news if it goes forward. I was very happy with Mourinho's appointment to Roma.

Mostly because I don't follow Serie A.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2022
    yankee8255 and heels1785 like this.
  3. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Out of UCL
    Out of real contention in the league
    Out of the Pokal

Can't wait to see this club crash out of Europa, too.

4. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    I’m not convinced the top slot in the Bundesliga is settled, but that could just be knock-on optimism from how gorgeously wide open most of the table is. This is going to be a fun spring.

Of course, on the other hand, I’m about 95% sure that tomorrow Union is going to win the derby again…

Last edited: Jan 18, 2022
  5. yankee8255

yankee8255 Force Ghost star 6

May 31, 2005
    Seriously? I don’t know if we should LOL @ @Everton or send him a condolence floral arrangement.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

6. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Mourinho is too demanding to take the Everton job, he'd just get angry at the owner then upset the players & staff because he's not getting the players he wants

7. FatBurt

Jul 21, 2003
    Mourinho is a busted flush as a manager and will never have a "top" job again

Everton is perfect for him for about 18months

8. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    He's better off in Italy, the league suits his style better and Roma is about his level

I can't see it makes any sense going to Everton, he's done in the PL especially without a good enough team

9. FatBurt

Jul 21, 2003
    Roma are currently no where near where the board and fans expect and there are already divisions in the playing staff

As I say, he's a busted flush with a massive aura

He'd give Everton a momentary bump and would then be tactically found out as he's just not progressive enough. He'd do better than Rafa but it would be Spurs and United all over again

Everton should go for him, it would be hilarious

10. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    I just really want Mourinho in MLS. Him trying to understand the bizarre roster rules would be gold

SithLordDarthRichie likes this.
  11. FatBurt

Jul 21, 2003
    His meltdown would be amazing

I need ABC

Not allowed because of XYZ rule

Ok how about DEF

Nope, we're already full because of UVW rule

Head asplode

EHT and DarthIntegral like this.
  12. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
  13. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Good to hear Rangnick moving to 4-3-3 since his 4-2-2-2 is not working
    Will hopefully improve the performance of the wide players like Sancho

Now sign a damn CDM, please

14. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Ah yes, casual sideways bicycle kicks over Schwolow's head.

This is going to be a long, painful evening.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2022
  15. FatBurt

Jul 21, 2003
    Have Man U been replaced by my old Sunday league team? This has been dreadful.

All of them bar de Gea have been dreadful.

Edit

Well taken goal by Elanga but totally undeserved

16. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Fred has suddenly become an assist maker
    At least he's good for something, because it's not defending

17. FatBurt

Jul 21, 2003
    He's always been a more advanced player for Brazil

Considering your abject first half, even Rashford has scored now

18. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    fire brendan rodgers into the sun

****ing leicester can't defend a lead in the 95th minute, and concedes two in extra time to spuds

(exactly what happened on the last matchday last yr, which ended up saving chelsea's top four spot, but i digress..)

19. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Could use a bit of that impossible turnaround magic right now in Berlin... but it ain't gonna happen.

heels1785 likes this.
  20. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Crazy finish to the Spurs game
    Bergwijn was obviously mad after not getting a penalty, decided to take it out on the opposition

CR7 is not happy he got subbed off

21. FatBurt

Jul 21, 2003
    CR7 was ineffective all match. Not surprised he was hooked

End to Spurs game was a little mental

22. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Playing up front is a graveyard shift at United, hardly get any service.

De Gea plays so well yet is always let down by his teammates & can't get a clean sheet

23. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    A really disappointing Pokal exit, but it was probably inevitable because Union are just unambiguously a better and more coherently organized squad. Hertha are traditionally the most frustrating of the clubs I follow despite being "my" club (insofar as they were the first club I started following), but it's extra frustrating when the gap with your future rivals* who were lower division only until two years ago is so massive.

So, basically, Barça and Liverpool had better win their goddamn cup matches tomorrow. :p

*Yes, future, the tl;dr is Berlin football is a complex mess of misery and pain with only the old lady in the top flight in the West, this doesn't really breed storied multi-generational conflicts. Like, who are you going to beef with, Tennis Borussia? Come on.

24. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    sky has dembele leaving barcelona this month, having turned down their contract offer.

realistically, i don't know many that will be willing to take a chance on him. i'd say psg or city, but they're overloaded with wingers already. united needs to spend elsewhere, chelsea already has a hospital full of injured starters, and the conservative (dortmund, inter, juve)/responsible (liverpool, bayern) big-money sides won't go near him.

that leaves real madrid and newcastle, i think. madrid may gamble for him if they jettison hazard, which sounds likely. carlo has done wonders with vini jr, and dembele is a similar player in build and potential. newcastle is swinging for the fences, and has boatloads of cash to blow.

Ramza likes this.
  25. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Yeah, Dembele’s biggest issue finding somewhere new is going to be that he was painfully overvalued with very little to show for it. Neither are his fault, but in current form he’s just a good winger, not the god of all wingers, and the latter is where he’s priced. He can be great, but he’s inconsistent, and there are matches where he seems literally unable to actually put the ball in the goal. On top of those issues, he gets hurt constantly. He needs to be at, like, Leverkusen for three years to get the polish he desperately needs and that Barça couldn’t or wouldn’t give him, but now he’s way out of their range.

I think some fans will miss him, but I’m more disappointed there won’t be a longer period of amortization on Bartomeu’s stupid fees.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2022
    heels1785 likes this.