main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena "The Beautiful Game" - The Official JCC Football (Soccer) Thread.

Discussion in 'Community' started by FORCE_SKIN, Feb 7, 2004.

1. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    nottingham forest with a chance to get back into the prem after 23 years, looks like they are favored in the playoff final against huddersfield. one of those clubs with an interesting history that i've never seen in the top flight. ipswich town, portsmouth, a few others that i'd like to see get back up some day.

El Jedi Colombiano likes this.
  2. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Well it’s a little ****ed up that the best start we’ve had all season is in the do or die relegation leg but I’ll take that early goal every day.

3. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Excuse the double post but

GET IN JUNGS! GET IN!

Now for the love of God just hold the lead for once in this season.

Last edited: May 23, 2022
    yankee8255 and heels1785 like this.
  4. yankee8255

yankee8255 Force Ghost star 6

May 31, 2005
    Told you HSV would blow it.

VfB Inge what they were doing when they fired Tim Walter. He‘s an arrogant ass.
    Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Last edited: May 23, 2022
    Ramza likes this.
  5. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    [​IMG]

Now if we could make some structural changes so I don't have to go through this three seasons in a row that'd be swell, thanks.

Point Given likes this.
  6. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    So does the red card carry over to next season or what?

7. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Based on my experience racking up cards as an extremely dirty midfielder in FIFA I want to say yes...?

8. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    So you regret getting Pogba, and co? But not Ronaldo?

9. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 24, 2022
    Point Given likes this.
  10. yankee8255

May 31, 2005
    What do you think of Bobic? He did a dreadful job at Stuttgart, really drove the club into the ground and ruined their youth program. But then he did a great job putting together the Frankfurt side that just won Europa League.

Has he not had enough time to turn Hertha around, or did he accelerate their crash?

11. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    I was really optimistic going into this season because of his work with Frankfurt but it's tough to say if I want him around next season. Overall it's felt just as maddeningly aimless as before he took over. Look no further than the head coach selections. Pál Dárdai? Club icon, we all love him, but he's at best a mediocre tactician and was only back in the saddle as an emergency pick to salvage the 2020-21 campaign - he never had full support from the staff and he was vocal about it. Theoretically his tenure at the start at least gave Bobič time to select a better gameplan... and instead we got Tayfun ****ing Korkut, whose work you are probably familiar with, unfortunately. Magath has been the best of the bunch and that just comes across like a crazy wildcard paying off by accident. Transfer money has been squandered on selections that don't really develop an identity with better talent going out than in but, then again, this has been an issue, it's not new.

I guess maybe where I'm at is this: the whole deck seems to be getting cleared out based on the various terms agreed today. He may need to go as well just to facilitate a cleaner reset, regardless of how anyone feels about the job he's done.

Last edited: May 24, 2022
    yankee8255 likes this.
  12. yankee8255

May 31, 2005
    At least he did‘t try to bring in BLakov in the middle of the relegation fight line he did at Stuttgart. He should have been fired on the shot for that.

Lautern are headed back to the 2. BuLi. Last 15 minutes have been brilliant. Dresden put up a hell of a fight and had good chances to equalize. Unlike the incredibly lame performance HSV put up last night.

Ramza likes this.
  13. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Pogba is a £90million loss who didn't really ever do anything to justify his price tag, so yes.

If we had 11 players who had Ronaldo's drive and work ethic we wouldn't be in the situation we're in now.
    He brings the right attitude to the club, the reason for the dressing room problems is partly because he questioned the work rate & desire of the other players and they didn't like it

Last edited: May 25, 2022
  14. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    SithLordDarthRichie likes this.
  15. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    Everybody makes mistakes. :p

16. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    I believe that now makes them "Chelsea, Brah."

DarthTunick and Darth Punk like this.
  17. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    kompany leaving as boss of anderlecht, just finished third in the belgian pro league, to manage burnley. burnley are going to be down for a while - have to pay back a 65m loan immediately as part of their relegation, while also losing 55m in television revenue. lineup will be gutted and rebuilt.

18. FatBurt

FatBurt Sex Scarecrow Vanquisher star 6

Jul 21, 2003
    Pope, Tarkowski and McNeil will be gone over the summer

mobile drive by post

SithLordDarthRichie likes this.
  19. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    could have sold tarkowski for a nice sum a few years back. getting 25 mil in a second installment from newcastle for wood, which will help.

palace and west ham will likely fight it out for pope, would be an upgrade on fabianski or guaita.

20. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003

jurgen klopp is a large man, i'd never realized that. this was class, glad to see fergeh healthy and in good spirits.

DarthTunick and Ramza like this.
  21. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    And they only just got Weghorst, now he may have to be sold

22. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    The man is literally built like a keeper, it’s kind of astonishing they let him play right back in his playing days when you think about it.

Edit: I see Roma is on the way to making the ECL the cup that Mourinho built. I’d say get it together Feyenoord but I like Ajax too much, so… eh…

Last edited: May 25, 2022
    heels1785 likes this.
  23. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    first trophy roma has won in about 15 years, first european trophy in four times that long. great for jose and tammy, lots of potential in that squad.

24. FatBurt

FatBurt Sex Scarecrow Vanquisher star 6

Jul 21, 2003
    Just watched Roma win the cup at a bar in Spoleto in Italy.

Absolute take over by Roma fans. What a night, totally drawn in to their ebb and flow and the eruption of joy when they won was just amazing.

Fantastic night.

mobile drive by post

heels1785 likes this.
  25. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    José wins again

Good achievement for Roma