main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena "The Beautiful Game" - The Official JCC Football (Soccer) Thread.

Discussion in 'Community' started by FORCE_SKIN, Feb 7, 2004.

1. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Because it was reported, by pretty much everyone, that his agent was trying to get him a move.
    Romano said as much and he's pretty in the know about transfer business.
    He wanted to leave, United were happy to let him go if they could get a fee for him.

Chelsea were interested, so were Napoli and some other clubs, but ultimately because he wouldn't lower his wage demands nobody agreed to take him.

The question is, was he promised more game time by ETH than he has received? Is he mad because he was promised stuff that was then not delivered or is he just whining because he's on the bench (which is fair, he hasn't been very good when he's played)?

It's a sad end for a legend of the club, one of the all time greats who has often been praised for his professionalism and commitment. He'll be remembered for the great things he did in the past, but this does soil his legacy a bit

Last edited: Nov 14, 2022
  2. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    he should be remembered for the great things he did last year, too

you'd have been well down in the bottom half and not playing in europe atm without him

3. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    And I thought he could still do that this season, but it's obvious right now that he can't (or the changes to the team required to get him to do it aren't worth the effort) and that's why he's on the bench.
    He should be smart enough to know his own limitations instead of blaming other players in the team when he wastes numerous chances to score

EHT likes this.
  4. El Jedi Colombiano

El Jedi Colombiano Chosen One star 6

Jun 24, 2013
    So…

who is everyone’s favorite to win the World Cup?

5. FatBurt

FatBurt Sex Scarecrow Vanquisher star 6

Jul 21, 2003
    United have called the lawyers in on Ronaldo and it looks like his return will be over before the world cup is

Leaving the club was obviously his intent with the Morgan interview and in all honesty, I don't think Ten Hag or the team will miss him.

Gone Mobile

6. Mustafar_66

Mustafar_66 Force Ghost star 6

May 20, 2005
    I think it'll be between Argentina or Brazil. Would love for Messi to win the World Cup so I'd be happy with them winning.

I'd also quite like the Dutch to have a good crack at it for Van Gaal.

El Jedi Colombiano likes this.
  7. El Jedi Colombiano

Jun 24, 2013
    The Netherlands have a good team but lack the strikers they used to have so that will probably hurt them

8. CairnsTony

CairnsTony Force Ghost star 5

May 7, 2014
    Ronaldo has been sacked by Utd. If I were a United fan, I'd see this as a good thing - it's clearly what he wants, anyway.

FatBurt and El Jedi Colombiano like this.
  9. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    It would be typical if the Netherlands finally won the World Cup at a tournament many will boycott & protest at.

That stuff will probably overshadow & undermine what should be a joyous moment for the winner

10. El Jedi Colombiano

Jun 24, 2013
    Folks have continuously underestimated Ecuador, but they’re a good team. Surely they are favorites to go 2nd in the group after Mane got injured for Senegal

11. FatBurt

Jul 21, 2003
    Ronaldo leaves Man United with immediate effect.

Outcome that surprises no one

Gone Mobile

12. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    glazers may be selling united. released a statement saying they are "commencing a process to explore strategic alternatives for the club."

13. FatBurt

Jul 21, 2003
    Ritchie gonna be on the phone to Jim Radcliffe now.

Gone Mobile

Mustafar_66 likes this.
  14. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Sounds like what FSG said.

Ratcliffe is interested for sure, but given the price he has previously been quoted plus the cost of repaying the debt & infrastructure works it may be off-putting.

I expect some kind of consortium will need to buy the club, either that or it'll be a Man City/Newcastle Arab oil state which is not ideal

15. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    He needs to just go to MLS and rule it like a king. Homer in front of the donut feeding machine as the demon shouts “Have all the free kicks in the world!” or something.

16. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Wouldn't be good for him, he barely scores free kicks anymore.

Glazers apparently want £6billion for United, which will limit who can buy the club given it'll probably be nearly £10billion once infrastructure costs are factored in.
    A new/revamped stadium, new training ground and improved facilities are needed to keep the club competitive.

I doubt a guy like Ratcliffe could afford that, so it's probably down to the Arab investors or possibly an Indian billionaire

17. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    i think if ronaldo wants to retire he'll go back to sporting for a few years in liga portugal, and then calls it a career. mls doesn't seem like his style.

sporting have a relationship with city, so maybe he plays there to finish this year for one last champions league run, and then goes home.

18. epic

epic Ex Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 1999
    very happy to see the back of the glazers

slightly nervous who will buy. most people who can afford us is almost surely gonna be **** somehow

SithLordDarthRichie likes this.
  19. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003

(Language warning)

20. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    al nassr (saudi pro league) offering ronaldo 200 million a year, through 2025.

imagine he'll take it, fab says nothing coming until after world cup and imaging rights are agreed upon with his personal sponsors.

21. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Pelé has apparently been moved to end of life care. Probably a matter of days or even hours, at this point.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2022
  22. FatBurt

Jul 21, 2003
  23. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    [​IMG]

really ****ed up situation in the melbourne victory/melbourne city derby today in a-league. swarm of victory supporters ran onto the pitch and attacked city's goalkeeper and a referee, both of whom had head injuries. city keeper had to be carried off of the field.

game was abandoned at the 22 minute mark, victory has condemned the fans and promised an investigation.

DarthIntegral likes this.
  24. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    How in the hell do we not have a reliable Aussie posting in this thread to blame/demand an explanation from?

25. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Personally I blame a massive influx of French migrants from Lyon.

DarthIntegral likes this.