main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Becromancers strike back

Discussion in 'Archive: Scotland' started by Obi_one_and_only, May 20, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Obi_one_and_only

Obi_one_and_only Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 18, 2001
    Here you can tell everybody about your favourite drink and why it's worth drinking.

In case you're wondering bekris=drunk.
    Becromancer is a word a friend made. It's across between a necromancer (from fantasy games0 and becris.

Enjoy!!
    :)

2. MrDankDonk

MrDankDonk Jedi Master star 4

Mar 28, 2001
    Buckfast Tonic Wine.

manufactured in Buckfast Abbey, Devon, by Benedictine monks, this fantastic beverage comes in standard green glass 75cl wine bottles, with useful screw tops and attactive yellow labelling, cost approx £4.50 a go (or £2.95 for a half bottle)

a fortified wine ? generic red wine with added minerals, flavorings and caffeine - this was originally conceived as a 'health' drink - the kind of sweet sherry-like thing that your granny would sip at on a sunday afternoon, getting tipsy and boosting her sodium phosphate levels simultaneously.

however, the 14 per cent alchohol and high caffeine content also make it an ideal party drink, with a whole bottle, consumed over an hour, achieving a near-perfect cheerfully energetic drunkeness, with none of the volume or gas related problems associated with beer

as such, "Buckie" or "The Wine" as it is known, is beloved of neds everywhere, as the ultimate bus-shelter carry-out.

I had my first ever bottle on the pier at Morecambe, having driven down there on my scooter for a big weekend away wth like-minded friends... and it was a life-changing experience.

Since then, I've rarely had a weekend without at least one bottle.

However, it should be noted that, while an experienced Bucky connoisseur can consume a whole bottle wth ease, and remain reasonably able to walk and talk, there is a well-recognised danger line at approx one bottle and a half, where critical mass is achieved, and everything goes wobbly.

On these occasions, you will discover that Buckfast vomit is a rich purple colour, and can be easily mistaken for internal bleeding.....

3. MOTs_Minx

MOTs_Minx Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 26, 2000
    Hey...we passed Bucky Abbey on the way to Plymouth to see AOTC.

I felt all nostalgic...even though I've never sampled the stuff. I'm too scared of the sedement in the bottom ;)

4. MrDankDonk

Mar 28, 2001
    Minxy......
    its time for you to detail your poison of choice..... :D

5. Gav Daragon

Gav Daragon Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 25, 2000
    I like a nice blue aftershock - because it doesn't make me pissed and hence shows off my hardass drinking talents to the max ;)

6. MrDankDonk

Mar 28, 2001
    in my experience, the blue certainly seems milder than the pink, but nonetheless will get you pissed if taken in sufficient quantities...
    and how you hope to look hard with blue lips I don't know... :D

7. MOTs_Minx

Oct 26, 2000
    I think I've gone through just about everything...except Absynthe which I refuse to touch!!! Oh...and Bucky ;)

I lean more towards a good bottle of wine now...

Sheesh...that sounds boring...Although a wee g&t doesny go amiss...or a Baileys...

8. Gav Daragon

Gav Daragon Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 25, 2000
    And don't forget your penis colada!

9. MOTs_Minx

Oct 26, 2000
    Aw yeah...that too

That was scrummy... I was gonna buy another bottle of that...but I bought a cheapo bottle of Baileys and have been drinking that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.