main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Characters The Ben/Tahiri Relationship(s) - Thread - | Invincible Spoiler/ Big update/ New challenge

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Beniri, Mar 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Earthknight

Earthknight Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 3, 2002
    They do have a duel and from the spoilers, Ben wins and does not harm her. A very noble Jedi act by Ben imo.

2. star_writer24

star_writer24 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 15, 2006
    My series of vignettes Hook, Line, and Sink Her just went B/T.
    Thought I'd give you a heads up since I plan to continue the B/T themes
    as I add to it.

And I think you guys are right, I think this thread will get a lot more
    traffic with the the release of Invincible.

Have a great day.

3. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    I've read the spoilers and a summary of the scene from someone who has the book and I just want to mention that, per our guidelines in the FAQ, we will not be allowing fanfic of that nature.

Beniri is fine as long as Ben is not a minor (defined as 18 or older), but we'll not have sexually implicit or suggestive scenes between an adult and a 14-year old boy here.

So yep - discuss away and highlight them spoilers! [face_peace]

4. Earthknight

Oct 3, 2002
    ^That's fine. Especially since I don't think Tahiri and Ben are going to get fully intimate until he's 19. Let the relationship take time to develop. That way when something happens, they're relationship will be a strong one like Luke and Mara.

5. Earthknight

Oct 3, 2002
    Um, question. If Tahiri is 28 and Ben is 15 in a fic, is comforting between the two allowed as long as there is no kissing or naughty stuff?

6. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    As long as the relationship is platonic (non-romantic/non-sexual, aka Just Friends) yes, that's fine.

7. star_writer24

star_writer24 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 15, 2006
    Thoughts on B/T after Invincible:
    I think one of my favorite moments in this book was when Ben insisted she wasn't a true Sith and asked her to come back with him, telling her the other's would forgive her. It reminded me so much of the Luke/Vader scene in Return of the Jedi, that to see Ben acting so much like his father actually gave me the chills. I have to admit I am hoping that Ben will continue to try to break through her shell in the future books and that they become friends. Guess will just have to wait and see.

Would love to hear other's opinions on where they think this could go...if anywhere after finishing the series.

8. Earthknight

Oct 3, 2002
    ^I fully agree. The fact he is trying to redeem her shows he's now on the true Jedi path.

9. G__Anakin

G__Anakin Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2006
    I agree with all that you have said starwriter24!

Maybe, I'll write a fanfiction about it over the summer[face_laugh] I doubt it though.

10. Earthknight

Oct 3, 2002
    It would really be cool if Ben befriended Tahiri. I think they both need friendship. I mean Tahiri is obviously going through some lonely depression issues. And Ben well...he doesn't really have many friends so...his friendship with Tahiri could not also redeem her and make her happy again but it will give Ben a new friend.

11. Earthknight

Oct 3, 2002
    I really hope we see more Ben/Tahiri scenes in future books. I just read the book and the sequences where they talk to each other are very entertaining. They have chemistry and the dialogue between them is great. Maybe because Ben has inherited some of his mother's sarcasm.

12. Jade_Pilot

Jade_Pilot Jedi Master star 5

Dec 10, 2005
    I am glad Tahiri turned back in the end, but was very disappointed with how she was written in the whole LOTF series. Ben was wonderful in Invincible! =D=

13. old_palpy

old_palpy Jedi Youngling

Mar 4, 2007
    I used to think you lot were crazy... but in light of recent events [face_mischief] I've been converted.

Long live Ben/Tahiri !!

14. Earthknight

Oct 3, 2002
    Aren't they a terrific couple. Great chemistry and dialogue. Tahiri is the perfect woman for Ben. She has attitude, she's tough, she's got personality, and she's sexy.

Ben is certanly going to hang around her more often I think. Wonder what he's going to do next to lighten her up [face_thinking] ? I bet taking her out on picnics would help.

15. G__Anakin

Apr 2, 2006
    I read Invincible and loved Ben's storyline. By Far the best part of the book. The Beniri touchy seen was a little gross, but not near as bad as I imagine. I liked it.

The redemption scene was awesome! Tahiri really got some good character developement through Ben and Jacen. I loved the part where Tahiri turned against Jacen, and the Beniri fight scene was cool, if short.

Ben also grew as a character a little bit more through the twins.

Ben's Grwoth: The one and only excellent and irreplaceable thing LotF has offer us!

16. Beniri

Beniri Jedi Youngling

Mar 9, 2007
    Big Update! 6/7/08

We're back! All the Beniri-ness of Invincible, which was arguably the best part of the book, was awesome!

NEW RULES:

Ben and Tahiri can not have a major relationship while he is too young.

A post from the thread made by a Mod:

NEW DISSCUSIONS:
    Invincible! Beniri is partly here! Talk about what it means!

NEW CHALLENGE:
    Spoiler Waring!

Write a sequel fic, vig. or series of drabble, or poem or something that take place after Invincible that has to deal with Tahiri and Ben. At the end of the book, Tahiri surrendered and was captured. What happens now. What do you want to happen with Tahiri? She dosen't want to be a Jedi, and she doesn't want to have anything to do with the Solos. Does that include Ben? What will Tahiri do with her life? Is she alive?

That's all for this update! Hope we get some traffic here!

17. G__Anakin

Apr 2, 2006
    Title: You can let go now
    Genre: Angst
    Characters: Tahiri, Ben, Jysella, Anakin
    Time: Fifty to Sixty Years Post LOTF

You can let go now

I'll index later!

18. Jedi-Ant

Jedi-Ant Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2007
    Sounds like a great challenge!! :D Can't wait to see the entries!

19. Makenna

Makenna Jedi Youngling

Apr 27, 2008
    I'll get my entry PMed to you soon as possible. :D Interesting challenge. :)

20. G__Anakin

Apr 2, 2006
    Thanks! I hope to hear from you soon!:)

21. DARTH_MU

DARTH_MU Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2005
    UP!

I will be working on something B/T. I don't know if it'll appear on these boards, but I'll let you know.

Long live Benirism! I was lost, but now am found! B/T!!!!!!!!

22. G__Anakin

Apr 2, 2006
    Up!

As the one in charge of this thread, I can't let it be locked automatically.

23. G__Anakin

Apr 2, 2006
    It is Beniri month!!! :D

I've been tossing ideas around in my head lately for a fic!

24. G__Anakin

Apr 2, 2006
    Outcast was excellent!

25. Kiyuuchan

Kiyuuchan Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 12, 2008
    It's a strange relationship... that chapter was a bit creepy, but I think it would be good if Ben and Tahiri become friends. They have a lot to offer each other ^__^ I'd like to see them partners... like Jaina and Zekk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.