main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Cincin, OH The Bengals

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by padawan_schlicher, Sep 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. padawan_schlicher

padawan_schlicher Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    Well, what does everyone think of the Bengals this year? Are they the same old Bengals? Or do you think they might actually be competitive? Is the coaching change enough to make a difference????

2. Robert-A-Fett

Robert-A-Fett Jedi Master star 3

Sep 20, 2002
    Success is learned, then it is practiced, then it is shared. -Sparky Anderson.

They act like losers. Thats what they'll continue to be until they have an attitude change. The coaching change is a good beginning to that, but its only the first season under new coaching. I think they will do better than in past years, but miss the playoffs by quite a bit.

3. Darth_Chia

Darth_Chia Jedi Youngling

May 14, 2002
    I don't think that they'll make the playoffs either, but Sunday's effort vs. the Raiders was very encouraging. I felt the force flowing through my body while watching a Bengals game for the first time in a very long while. They will win the Super Bowl within 5 years. In Marvin I trust.

4. Qui-Gon_Ludo

Qui-Gon_Ludo Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2002
    Super Bowl in 5 years??? lol Keep dreaming!!
    They did great against the Raiders, but this is only ONE game. They were dreadfull against my Broncos!!
    I think they will start to be a competitive next year, but Super Bowl in 5 years... That's the funniest thing I heard lately :D

5. Darth_Chia

May 14, 2002
    Yes, it is only one game but 5 years is a long time to improve. It's ok if you don't think it will happen. There's always doubters. By the way...nice QB pickup in Jake Plummer. He's solid. :D

6. Qui-Gon_Ludo

Jan 8, 2002
    Well, we obviously don't need a QB to win ;) Solid defense and AMAZING RB :)
    And after all, he's more solid than Vick and Pennighton!! :eek:

7. Sean_Starrider

Sean_Starrider Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 30, 2002
    The Bengals will get a real lesson in what Attitude means this sunday when the STEELERS come into town. Just 2 weeks after being shot, Joey Porter will start at Linebacker for the Steelers...That is detication and a winning Attitude. RIP Bungles.

8. DARTHAUDITOR

DARTHAUDITOR Jedi Master star 2

Jan 10, 2003
    Did someone say, GO BROWNS!

9. padawan_schlicher

padawan_schlicher Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    I think the Steelers are going to be in for a fight. I think the Bengals are going to be confident and looking good after their strong performance against the Raiders.

I don't know if they are going to be super bowl contenders 5 years, anything is possible, but I at least think that the WILL be conpetitive within the next 2 seasons, if not this season.

10. Lady_Lucas

Lady_Lucas Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 28, 2002
    Yeah, he got shot in the butt!! lol :D

11. CptCorranHorn

CptCorranHorn Jedi Master star 5

Oct 16, 2002
    I agree with jason

you know, after the game they played Sunday, that they've got good attitudes going into this sunday's game, and if they do just as good, they could go a long way, I'm guessing maybe 6-12, which is an improvement over the past years

12. Darth_Chia

May 14, 2002
    The Steelers are going to need luck to win this game. The Bengals aren't going to lay another egg at home. Marvin won't let 'em. It's going to a long, tiring day for Joey Porter running around on only one butt cheek. :D

13. Qui-Gon_Ludo

Jan 8, 2002
  14. Sean_Starrider

Jun 30, 2002
    Ok, If you think it is funny to laugh at hurt people we can do that I suppose. I can't think of a funnier moment than when Tim Krumrie broke his leg in the Super Bowl as the Bungles lost to the 49ers, I mean that was hilarious!

15. ImperialRecruiter

ImperialRecruiter Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 6, 2002
    Just remember... It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye. Then it's hilarious! [face_laugh]

I don't see the Bengals making the Superbowl, but I will give them about 50/50 chance of making the playoffs at least. They look pretty decent compared to previous seasons under lackluster coaches.

16. Qui-Gon_Ludo

Jan 8, 2002
    Nah, don't take it wrong Sean!! It's just because it's a butt injury :D Come on, you know that if sharpe had a butt injury you'd give me a hard time!! ;)
    I almost got into it with a Bungle fan during the Broncos-Bungles opening game, because Mr Bungle was so upset to see his team embarassed once more that he was making stupid comments when Portis was out for a couple of plays (like I hope he tore his ACL and stuff like that... VERY smart!!)...

17. Robert-A-Fett

Sep 20, 2002
    Ludo, you have several advantages the rest of us do not. Being from a country other than this one you have the luxury of getting to choose which team to associate yourself with. Those of us from Cincinnati havent the luxury of disassociating ourselves from the team that bears our name. You get to choose which team you associate yourself with. It takes no courage to root for a team which is and has been good for the last 10 years. I have more respect for the bengals fans who stupidly and stubbornly continue to root for their lousy team after nearly 15 years of being awful. Even then, the 30+ year history of this team is the history of an awful team punctuated by one or two years of decent play, then going right back to being awful. Even though I think they are foolish to back the team due to the fact that it will not change while the fans keep losing profitable, I respect that they can continue to cheer for a bad team. If you're still wearing your bronco's hat in 10 or 15 years when they have a period of being awful, then you're a real fan. I dont even watch football, so I dont have a fan loyalty one way or the other. I'm also one of the few people that seems to be angry that a team as lousy as the bengals represents my hometown.

18. Qui-Gon_Ludo

Jan 8, 2002
  19. Qui-Gon_Ludo

Jan 8, 2002
    I edited the message because it's really not worth fighting over, but i am VERY disappointed in the way you kinda put me down. I have been a Broncos fan for almost 20 years, through good and bad years, so i must be what you call a real fan. But that you say i have no courage (what does courage has to do with picking a team?) and that you do not really respect me, that kinda hurts... Thought we were good friends, I was obviously wrong.

20. Robert-A-Fett

Sep 20, 2002
    I think you mistook my meaning. All I was saying was not to dis bengals fans. Most of them are from Cincinnati and have cheered their same team in spite of how awful they are. They cant help their team sucking, they try to though by going out and cheering. And allthough I dis the team, and think they are terrible, I would never disrespect a fan who goes through that much ***** just for being a fan. There are idiot fans like the guy who sat by you at the game, but for the most part, people understand that its just a game and not something thats really important to life. I apologize if you took offense, I meant none.

21. Qui-Gon_Ludo

Jan 8, 2002
    *Takes a Vader-like force-chocking pose*
    "Apologie accepted, Robert-A-Fett...."

22. Lady_Lucas

Lady_Lucas Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 28, 2002
    I think you mistook my meaning. All I was saying was not to dis bengals fans. Most of them are from Cincinnati and have cheered their same team in spite of how awful they are.........well you know what Jason...??? It is a free country and I am personally "dissing" on the Bengals. They better win the next game or they will hear alot more knocks!!! :D :D

....go broncos(my favorite)...then bengals(2nd favorite)...then Lions(third favorite)....then Colts(4th favorite)....than Dolphins(5th favorite).

23. Sean_Starrider

Jun 30, 2002
    then Steelers 6th favorite team? :)

24. Qui-Gon_Ludo

Jan 8, 2002
    Well, they have Maddox, an ex-Bronco, so maybe ;)

25. DARTHAUDITOR

DARTHAUDITOR Jedi Master star 2

Jan 10, 2003
    I can't stand the Steelers. I will not say that Cleveland has good quarterbacks, but Tommy Maddox is a joke. XFL?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.