main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Cincin, OH The Bengals

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by padawan_schlicher, Sep 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Qui-Gon_Ludo

Qui-Gon_Ludo Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2002
    I can't believe my Broncos have still a slim chance!! :D

2. Qui-Gon_Ludo

Jan 8, 2002
    Okay, now everybody knows who the best RB in the NFL is.... :)

Portis vs Chiefs: 22 runs for 218 yards , 2 catches for 36 yards, 5 rushing TDs.

3. DARTHAUDITOR

DARTHAUDITOR Jedi Master star 2

Jan 10, 2003
    Ludo,

Your boy Portis might have just knocked my fantasy team out of the playoffs.

4. Qui-Gon_Ludo

Jan 8, 2002
    Ouch, very ouch!!! I'm sure he beat your team by himself!! ;)

5. Robert-A-Fett

Robert-A-Fett Jedi Master star 3

Sep 20, 2002
    Well, Ludo's Broncos had one hell of a game.... And it looked like the Browns might've pulled off a comeback win.... but not so....
    My Fantasy team won this week which puts me in a tie for 2nd place going into the playoffs. Considering I started 0-3 I made quite a run.... only the top 4 teams were even over .500..... Rock on....

6. Qui-Gon_Ludo

Jan 8, 2002
    Hey Neil, your browns are depleted!!! Not that i complain, since we play against you guys this week end!

http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/CLE/6908500

7. DARTHAUDITOR

Jan 10, 2003
    I throw in the white flag, the browns have used like 15 offensive linemen this year. You can't win with all the injuries and controversy.

Lets go Titans!

8. Qui-Gon_Ludo

Jan 8, 2002
    Traitor!!! Why pick the Titans!! I think we have a chance to finish ahead of them.

9. DARTHAUDITOR

Jan 10, 2003
    I did live in houston for two years during the time period that they moved. Also, Eddie George is a Buckeye.

10. Qui-Gon_Ludo

Jan 8, 2002
    The Broncos are still alive!!! (barely though!)

11. padawan_schlicher

padawan_schlicher Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    from the bengals website:

Here are the playoff scenarios according to the NFL office and the Bengals as of Sunday night:

Cincinnati and Baltimore are tied for first place in the AFC North at 8-6. If the Bengals can keep pace with Baltimore atop the AFC North for the season?s final two games, all indications are they would win the division title and host a wild card playoff game because of the fifth tiebreaker, which is strength of victory.

Strength of victory is the cumulative record of all the teams that each team defeated. Going into Sunday, the Bengals were at .484 and Baltimore was .413.

With Cincinnati traveling to 11-3 St. Louis next week before finishing at home with 4-10 Cleveland, and the Ravens going to Cleveland next week before finishing at 5-9 Pittsburgh, the Bengals figure to keep that strength of victory edge.

If the Ravens finish tied with the Bengals, they can?t have a better division record than Cincinnati, and the division record is used as a tiebreaker before strength of victory. If both teams finish 1-1 and the Bengals? loss is to St. Louis, Cincinnati wins it on division record.

12. CptCorranHorn

CptCorranHorn Jedi Master star 5

Oct 16, 2002
    that sounded way too complicated 8-}, but at least it appears that chances are slim for the Bengals not to make it to the playoffs ;)

13. Qui-Gon_Ludo

Jan 8, 2002
    Don't forget that if they finish second in their division and are tied with the Broncos for the last wild card spot, the Broncos will go to the playoffs because they beat the Bengals on day 1.

14. padawan_schlicher

Mar 7, 2002
    true! I think that if we played again at this point in the season the game would be alot different. I'm not saying that the Bengals would win...I just know they are playing with alot more confidence than they did when they played the Broncos. At the same time the Broncos are doing very well the last few games and beat the snot out of KC (are the Bengals and the Broncos the only two teams that have beaten KC at this point?) I think it would make for a very interesting game, alot more interesting than our first game this year.

15. Sean_Starrider

Sean_Starrider Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 30, 2002
    I have bit my tongue long enough. I am tired of turning on the radio and hearing Who-Dey! I am tired of every time I am in a bar I hear at least 2 times Who-Dey! This is a very annoying chant and even some Bengal fans I know think it's annoying. My problem with all the Bengal talk is where were all these "fans" last year. I moved here in 1995 and never heard any rumblings or talk until the past 2 months. This kind of behavior is not that of Die Hard and true fans. The 2 words that come to mind are Fairweather and Bandwagon.

16. Robert-A-Fett

Sep 20, 2002
    Meh..... Neil.... Things just arent working out for you. First you cheer for the browns and they lose, then this week you switched to the titans who should have destroyed the Bills, but nearly lost..... No offense, but Do me a favor man... root for St. Louis next week.

17. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    For a team who started off at the bottom, this has been a great turnaround for you guys! Bengals have a couple guys FINALLY playing to their potential.

However, take a lesson the Ravens did not learn this week...don't EXPECT a win outta Cleveland. We took Denver to overtime (and they're no slouch) and there is nothing more dangerous then a team with nothing to lose. And St. Louis is a good team as well. You guys have 2 tough games ahead.

18. Qui-Gon_Ludo

Jan 8, 2002
    I'll have to agree with Krash, the Browns might even win their last 2 games if they play liked they played my Broncos yestersday...
    Sean, Chill out!! It's not because the Steelers are in the cellars of the league that you should cut on Cincinnati's fans like that... I actually think they are REAL football fans, and darn good ones... Yeah, the Whodeys kinda annoy me too, but they had a loosing team for more than a decade, can you blame them for being happy?

19. Sean_Starrider

Jun 30, 2002
    The Steelers have nothing to do with it. My problem is the fairweather and bandwagon fans. Pittsburgh is the same size as Cincinnati and you can't buy tickets to a Steelers game. I have been on the Steelers waiting list for 10 years and have not yet been offered season tickets. If I wanted I could walk up to Paul Brown and day of the game buy a ticket. That is pathetic support of a NFL team. But now everybody is coming out of the woodwork and cheering and hoping on that Bengal Bandwagon. 1 year from now they will be bad again and all these fans that jumped on will jump off again until the next winning season in 10 years. Where were these fans the last 12 years, I know they were never mentioned on these boards until this season. Pittsburgh fans should not even be mentioned in the same breath as Cincinnati fans, There is no comparison. The same can be said for the teams themselves. The only good thing to come out of Cincinnati is skyline.

20. Robert-A-Fett

Sep 20, 2002
    If you hate us so much why dont you move to Pittsburgh?

21. Sean_Starrider

Jun 30, 2002
    1st of all I don't recall using the word hate. 2nd of all I don't think my lack of respect for fairweather Bengal fans is reason to pack up and move away. lol Besides, like I stated previously I love skyline. :)

22. padawan_schlicher

Mar 7, 2002
    http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=8690502&replies=41

We talked football and even bengals last year. I agree that there are alot of bandwagoners, but at the same time, after 13 years of losing even those who really are fans stop buying tickets and stop going to games, and stop even really cheering. Working in the mall and just seeing people in general over the last few years I have seen my fair share of people decked out in Bengals clothes even in bad seasons. While there ARE lots of fairweather fans, there are also those fans who have stuck through it thick and thin who just are more vocal NOW because we are winning. I see where you are coming from Sean, but really it is an exciting time when you consider the last 13 years so let people have their fun. I for one thought that the Bengals were going to have a good year from the very beginning and would consider myself a fan, but of course I'm more excited now.

23. Qui-Gon_Ludo

Jan 8, 2002
    Hey, AJ!! :

"Bengals: 41 49ers: 38 'more weapons than the next ?Star Wars? flick' "

You guys will need more than offensive weapons to beat the Rams, you'll actually need a defense!

Rams: 34 Bengals: 19

24. DARTHAUDITOR

Jan 10, 2003
    Alright, I am now convinced that the Browns are the greatest 4-10 team ever. We take the Rams and the Broncos to the wire despite having 6 starters out. Ravens next week and Bengals the final week, we can still play the spoiler role.

25. Qui-Gon_Ludo

Jan 8, 2002
    Yeah, the scared the crap out of me!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.