main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Characters The Bespin Cafe - The Han/Leia Fanfic Index v.2.1 - Mini-Challenge & October'08 Update

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by HanLeiaFanficGuru, Apr 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    I'm not so good with pranks. :)

2. Bri_Windstar

Bri_Windstar Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 27, 2002
    Bwaahahahaha, pranks. :p A shame there have been no bunny bites yet. :(

Edit: Evil thing sent before I was done. :p

As for suggestions for the index itself, I was wondering if a current H/L beta list would be helpful. I know there's the Beta Reader's Index thread, but it might be nice to have one specifically geared towards this index and its H/L readers&writers. :)

3. Dahlia_Santary

Dahlia_Santary Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 15, 2005
    Wow! Nice job with the index. And that challenge sounds fun. I don't think I'd have time for it though... But I'd love to read some!

4. Aquarius_1977

Aquarius_1977 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 18, 2004
    That means we'd have a bunny hutch! lol :D

Sorry...I crack me up. [face_laugh]

5. Liesl

Liesl Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2005
    I haven't been able to get on the computer lately, and seeing the new index was a surprise...it's so nice!

I like that idea, being able to pick someone with an expertise in H/L.

6. kimmi

kimmi Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 15, 2004
    I have a plot bunny. Do I send it to any one of the indexers or just post it here? I think it could be pretty cute H/L mush.[face_love]

Which indexer would prefer to get the plot bunnies?

7. LadyPadme

LadyPadme Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 26, 2002
    Post your bunny here. Let us all see it!

8. kimmi

Mar 15, 2004
    Okay,I hope you like it. I've never done a plot bunny.
    between ANH and ESB, H/L are forced undercover to be employees at an orphanage full of bratty boys( or girls if you prefer).

:p Han would completely loose it, don't you all think. LOL.

9. LadyPadme

LadyPadme Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 26, 2002

* laughs imagining the fic that PT could make out of that plot bunny *

They'd probably have to peel me off the floor :p

10. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    *giggle* that is absolutely adorable.

11. Chewie-Fan

Chewie-Fan Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 2, 2005
    Wow! This is my first visit to the cafe and it is soooo nice in here. I love the index. I'm thinking about the prank challenge, but no inspiration yet.

12. KnightedRogue

KnightedRogue Jedi Master star 3

Aug 11, 2004
    Oh, Kimmi, that'd be a fun bit to read.

13. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Great plot bunny! I would definitely give that a read if you decided to make anything of it. ;)

Also, any word about the H/L scene by scene thing? I would definitely be interested in something like that.

14. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    I'm not sure if this is bester posted here or elsewhere, but here goes:

I've read some really good fics that have Leia dealing with or relflecting on her time in captivity to Darth Vader. It is obvious that Leai underwent some torturous mental(unsure of physical) torture. Now, this may be silly, but did it escape anyone that when Luke found her, not a hair was out of place and her makeup was immaculate. Her gown was crazy white and she was sleeping [peacefully].

So what kind of torture was really committed here?

15. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    I always assumed that they 'fixed her up' for her audience with Tarkin, since he was a high-ranking official.

16. kimmi

Mar 15, 2004
    I think it was mental torture more than anything. Even though Vader did not know at the time, I still hate to think that that Daddy dearest had anything to do with physically torturing his daughter.

I read somewhere that the radio version of Star Wars had a very brutal mental torture scene between Leia and Vader. So brutal, in fact, that people were calling the radio stations and complaining.

What I have always wondered about is, was she tortured on Bespin or, as many fanfic writes post,was she forced to watch Han tortured as her torture?

17. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Well, in the ROTJ novelization, it goes into the detail of what they did to Leia, including electro-jabbers, fire-knives...

18. brodiew

Oct 11, 2005
    She just seems a little too rested and easy going when Luke comes into her cell. Of course, perhaps GL's camera was a Luke perspective.

19. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    I was so happy when padme started looking a little disheveled in AOTC.

20. IrishEyedJedi

IrishEyedJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 24, 2005

Well she probably feel asleep in shock at what happened to Alderaan so maybe she wasn't exactly sure about her surroundings until Luke said "Ben Kenobi" She was working on instinct and self preservation at that point.

21. Golden_Jedi

Golden_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 10, 2005
    Yeah, I thought of that and explained it saying that they treated her after the torture. What's hilarious is that during the escape from the Death Star her hair rearranges itself (there are takes where she's pretty disheveled and later ones with perfect hair). And not to speak of the white dress that is still perfectly white after being in the garbage compactor. And the everlasting lipstick and... and... and... :p

22. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    I agree with that assessment.

23. brodiew

Oct 11, 2005
    Fair enough GoldenJedi. I bow to your superior observations! :D

24. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Congrats, brodiew, you gave me a plot bunny for tomorrow's vignette.

25. brodiew

Oct 11, 2005
    Well, here is another question to tickle the bunny factory:

What would cut Han Solo to the quick? I'm not talking about making him mad or angry. I'm talking hurting him in his heart and soul. We've seen the NJO, but even Chewbacca's death seemed to be handled weakly by profic.

Han has this rough, humorous exterior, and if ROTJ is to be believed, a soft heart at its center.

So, again, what would make Han speechles? Cut him to his very core? Is it possible?

Death of friend or child doesn't cut it for me because there is too little to tie him to any realtionship with the kids anyway.

What do you say?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.