main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Bespin Cafe - The Han/Leia Fanfic Index - We've Moved to Version 2.0!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by HanLeiaFanficGuru, Oct 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GreatOne

GreatOne Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 22, 2003
    I have always gone with the idea that Han was 29 in ANH, and Leia was 18. 11 year age difference.

Favorite Han and Leia story? Oh boy. Too many to even be able to pick. :D

2. millenium_dove

millenium_dove Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 11, 2005
    I always pictured Han as an orphan, or maybe his parents were smugglers too. But I agree that he would have been a womanizer no matter what his background.

And I always pictured him with, like, a million past loves in his life.

3. DarthMasan

DarthMasan Jedi Master star 3

Sep 20, 2002
    Favorite fics? huh...
    Im at a loss here, I cant really pick THREE I feel I'd be leaving out someone
    I can try though... hmm...
    gimme some time..

DM

4. HanFan091167

HanFan091167 Jedi Youngling

Dec 30, 2003
    Hi there,

usually I am only an active lurker, but I decided to give my thoughts on how Han became the man he is.

No, actually it is my own AU version of his younger years....

In my universe he is neither an orphan nor is Han Solo his real name.

He is a member of the Clan "Glynmoore" on Corellia, which is the most influential and powerful Corellian Clan. His father Gawron leads the clan which makes him the most powerful person on the planet. Han's real name is Rohan, in short "Han"

When Luke and Leia were born Gawron Glynmoore, Bail Organa and Ben Kenobi conspired in separating the twins and keeping them secret. Then 10 year old Han accompanied his father and Bail when they brought Leia to Alderaan. Gawron promises to Bail to do everything in his power to keep Leia safe.

Soon after that the Empire attacks Corellia because the planet does not bow to the empire. After several years of war the Corellians with their backs to the wall even have to send not yet graduated academy students to war and Han leads a fighter squad that eventually turns out to be the best that has ever been. And Corellia eventually drives the imperial forces off Corellia.

In an attempt to get him away from the ensuing hero-worship he receives on Corellia Gowron, Bail and Kenobi send Han under-cover to be Leia's protector. To enable him to turn up whenever and wherever necessary the cover of being a smuggler is chosen.

The rest is history.

Sorry, that this is such a long post, but I always loved the idea of Han being the noble knight who gave up everything to keep the princess safe and sound....

Kind regards

Monja

5. millenium_dove

millenium_dove Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 11, 2005
    Ack! *falls over* That's a lovely idea! Although must have Han played the smuggler disguise very well. Heh.

6. Jemmiah

Jemmiah Jedi Master star 5

Mar 5, 2000
    :) Hi! * waves shyly *

I'm pretty new to writing Han as a character although I have loved and adored the aforementioned scoundrel for many a year! But the ever growing story arc I've been involved in for the Jemmiah Chronicles actually deals not so much with Han but his mother, right from the age of ten to her marriage to Han's father. We've finally managed to go from Before the Saga up to and just beyond Han's birth, and when he is seperated from his mother on Corellia. I've got Han quite like his mama (or that should really be the other way around!), I think whether he knows it or not that strong women play a big role in shaping his life!;)

It's been such fun, dipping my toe into the water of the Saga board! :D One day I hope to extend the Chronicles to include Han and Leia fiction. What's not to love? Feisty characters are such fun!

7. Sea_of_Jade

Sea_of_Jade Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 15, 2005
    For a basis on Han, I like to read the, (You guessed it!), Han Solo Trilogy by A.C.Crispin. Since he was once a slave, he can't really shut himself out and not care about the world, but NUMEROUS failed loves and intense abuse as a child made him want to, (Oh my goodness, I just realized, Han and old Anakin were both slaves!!!). Basically, he wants not to care, but winds up caring anyway, whether he shows it or not.

Which is exactly how he wound up with Leia. :D

That is a neat idea Jemmiah, and the same to SoloFan.

What I'd really like to do is a story where Padme survives in a coma on some medical ship, and Han finds her between ANH and ESB. Judging from the way Han got along with Leia initially, it would be interesting to see how he could survive Padme. :D

He really is an interesting character to play around with, but I think a lot of his psyche is left unexplored... [face_thinking]

8. DarthMasan

Sep 20, 2002
    I KNOW this is offtopic BUT..

Congrats to all of the writers that got nommed for the Awards. I read ALL the nominations and cheered every time I saw a fammiliar name. I didnt vote though, but congrats.. :D

sorry to interrupt!

back to buisness

DM

9. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Ooh, Jemmy, not to fawn or anything, but dang, you writing H/L would be priceless!

10. VadersMistress

VadersMistress Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 7, 2004
    I can't stand A.C. Crispin's version of Han. :D Just my opinion, though. :p

I like Han in the movies better than anything else. Who can't love his lopsided grin? :cool:

11. HanLeiaFanficGuru

HanLeiaFanficGuru Jedi Master star 1

Mar 1, 2003
    Sorry for the delay in changing the topic...and in the update, but here's a new topic to chew on:

Leia's past: If Leia hadn't been raised by the Organas would she still have been a politician and a Rebel? And what skeletons do you think might have been in Leia's closet?

12. IrishEyedJedi

IrishEyedJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 24, 2005

I have a question . . .

When you say skeleton's in her closet are you refering to the non-Organa up bringing? Or what Skeleton's she has from the Organa up bringing?

13. DarthMasan

Sep 20, 2002
    Oh.. good question!
    I suppose its refering to the non-Organa up bringing... because its asking about the non-organa upbringing... I GUESS

I would suppose she would be involved with whatever her environemnt taught her to be "right", either the Rebel or the Empire, cause she's a natural leader and fighter. She can't help it. She even fights Han over everything... (shrug)
    Her skeletons would probably relate to... hmm.. my brain and creativity cant work that much..

DM

14. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    I think she'd still have been involved in the Alliance. Perhaps she woudln't have the connections to be elected Senator, but she still has the charisma and drive and determination. You have to wonder if there would have been anyone who would see her being the daughter of Vader as a good thing for the Empire.

15. VadersMistress

VadersMistress Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 7, 2004
    Without a doubt in my mind, I think she would have been involved in the Alliance. If not a Senator, at least a Commander or someone with power. It's in her genes to want to take command. :D Look who her parents were...

16. IrishEyedJedi

Apr 24, 2005

I agree with Ish that Leia would be involved in the Alliance. I think she would have gone to the rebels even if she was brought up by people who supported the Empire. Leia's thirst for knowledge is so great, a trait, which she got from her mother, that she would have discovered the crimes being committed by the Empire.

If she grew up in a family with other siblings and the family wasn't quite poor but they weren't well off, I believe she'd be a little more mature when it comes to men and a lot more of a smart ass as well. I think the bubble of being a Princess stunted her emotional growth with her peers but caused her to work well with adults or people older then her. I'd see her quickly ascending the ranks in the Rebellion because she is a natural born leader, but I don't think she'd go on diplomatic missions but rather be in Intelligence. Basically I think Leia would be grittier but not lose her femininity.

As for skeletons I think maybe she could have been almost raped or taken into slavery depending on the world she grew up on, this giving her a reason to keep men at arms length. Another angle could be that she had to work from a very young age to help her family so she resents the High Command and anyone who had an "easy life" causing her to be a bit of a wild card in the Rebellion. Sometimes defying orders to help the poor or needy. Sacrificing missions for the right thing to do at the moment, because with out growing up in the political game should wouldn't give a damn about the bigger picture but about the people who it affected at that place and time.

Well I think I rambled on long enough . . .

[face_good_luck]

17. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    LOL, yes, but it was a good ramble. Interesting perspective on the siblings thing.

18. IrishEyedJedi

Apr 24, 2005

Why thank you Ish [face_batting] Glad some part of that made sense, especially because I was tired and it was kinda late and lord knows what I was actually thinking. For some readon I had the female equivalent of Han coming to mind. Leia in a spacer jacket with a blaster strapped to her hip and a smart ass remark on standby.

19. DarthMasan

Sep 20, 2002
    finding this thread at the bottom of page three is not good
    c'mon people lets just keep this alive!!

lets keep it with whatever means necesary!... cmon!!

DM

20. IrishEyedJedi

Apr 24, 2005

I agree! Come on folks!

We gotta keep H/L going - if not for us then for LP ;)

21. DarthMasan

Sep 20, 2002
    aye mates! c'mon!
    even for shameless plugs leading to new fics that might slip every now and then! cmon!
    its the least thing we can do!!!

DM

22. LadyPadme

LadyPadme Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 26, 2002

I apologize for the long, long time since I've last updated and come up with challenges, but for the near foreseeable future, I'm not going to be able to do much if anything with this index, so I'd like to ask if anyone would be willing to volunteer to do the updates for a little while.

Please either let me know here in this thread or PM me.

23. Golden_Jedi

Golden_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 10, 2005
    (raises hand)
    Hi! I'm an original Han & Leia fan... well maybe more Han than leia, but I've come to terms with her lately...:)

I'm currently writing a story about old H&L (The blood of a Jedi), feel free to drop by and comment...

24. IrishEyedJedi

Apr 24, 2005

Ok that's it I'm posting a picture in this thread damn it! I know there are H/L fans out there I talk with you in the fortress all the time!

[image=http://www.coruscantlibrary.com/images/zipe/han%26leia19.jpg]

Here's a conversation starter - What made you want to write H/L? What aspects of their relationship do you find interesting to explore?

25. Zonoma

Zonoma Jedi Master star 5

Jun 28, 2005
    I can't say much now except tha tI haven't written H/L before but would like to, will stop in later and check it out!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.