main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga "The Best Advice I ever Got" Qui-Gon/Tahl One Shot for Mini-Games.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, Sep 9, 2021.

1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Best Advice I Ever Got

Notes: @devilinthedetails presented the Dead Poets Society Challenge.
    #4 is so wise in few words:
    "There's a time for daring, and there's a time for caution, and a wise man understands which is called for."

~

Qui-Gon never took anything Master Windu said seriously, because the latter was too serious! Yoda was wise, but could be incredibly cryptic especially about doing versus trying and the future...

When the Sith were unmasked and he and his apprentice, Obi-Wan Kenobi went to a world in the midst of a raging health contagion which was likely to spill over into the local sector with much-needed medical supplies, Tahl told him to be careful.

"A sensible person needs to know when to be cautious. Sometimes I don't know which one of you is the more impulsive especially when it comes to helping others. You need to balance the wellbeing of others with your own." Her exotic eyes held his tenderly. I'd hate it if anything happened to you."

Qui-Gon smiled and hugged Tahl. "I promise." He told her. He cared too much for her not to do everything in his power to keep his promise.

When they returned safely, with the crisis contained and on the way to being resolved satisfactorily, he quipped to Obi-Wan, "Now when you have your own apprentice, be sure to remind him or her of the wisdom of Tahl's advice."

Kenobi grinned, his blue eyes sparkling. "Don't worry! I'll be sure to do that."

+++
    end

2. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Tahl and Qui-Gon were great friends, lovers. And a good advice from her and him to Obi-Wan

3. Thumper09

Thumper09 Force Ghost star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    Great job! That's a tricky balancing act-- the need to help others while needing to keep himself (and Obi-Wan) safe on the mission. If they don't keep themselves safe, they compromise their ability to help more people, but that's hard to see in the moment when people are suffering. It's indeed good advice for all Jedi.

4. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Aw! This was such a sweet response to the challenge, and a great way to pay tribute to your quote. :)

From Anakin to Ahsoka and back to Obi-Wan, I think it's hard to say just how well Tahl's wisdom was put into practice over the years! [face_laugh] But, there's still that caring for each other that's definitely there through every risk they took together. (Until Anakin made his choices for the worst, of course, in contrast to this wisdom - but, whew, that's a different interpretation to the end of this story entirely, isn't it? =(()

Thanks for sharing this warm, delightful piece with us. I enjoyed it very much. =D= [:D]

5. devilinthedetails

devilinthedetails Fiendish Fanfic & SWTV Manager, Interim Tech Admin star 6 Staff Member Administrator

Jun 19, 2019
    Aww, this piece warmed my heart first with the Qui-Gon and Tahl interaction at the beginning, and then with the Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan dialogue at the end (it was like a sandwich of sweetness that just melted me). I could really feel the love that Tahl has for Qui-Gon shining through in her concern and advice to him, and then, at the story's conclusion, I could also get a sense of that deep affection that Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan have for one another. Balancing that need for caution and courage can be very complicated indeed especially when the desire is to help others out, and I like how you explored that here. Thanks for this lovely piece about some of my favorite Star Wars characters and for using the Dead Poet's Society quote in such a wonderfully moving way![:D]

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha likes this.
  6. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Thanks for the sweet reviews. This quote was perfect for a bit of wisdom ;) and I love Qui-Gon's relationship to Tahl and to Obi-Wan. I feel like that bit of advice is one that would be passed on to Anakin with various results, the best ones in AUs where things don't go all Darthy LOL