main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends The Best of Us - J/J, Han - post-NJO AU ...A Special Thank You...

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by oldjedinurse, Apr 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oldjedinurse

oldjedinurse Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 6, 2003
    [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing]

**Yay!!**

POST 100

Chapter Four

?Lando, I?m tellin? you. It just wasn?t Jaina. The way she was talking about the ? whole thing.? Han took a long look around the half-lit bar, not really seeing the other patrons or caring whether they saw him. Catching his old friend?s eye at last, their gaze held. ?The whole story reminded me of something else. It took a while, but I finally got it,? he mindlessly swallowed another Whyren?s. ?It all reminded me of you and Arennal.?

"I couldn't think of anybody else I could talk to about this." And I learned a lot from what I did after Chewie died. Leia may think I'm runnin' away again, but I'm not. Its just that she would have wanted to stop me if I'd told her what I wanted to do.

Both men had played a lot of sabacc in their day. Lando, in particular, had perfected the expressionless mask of a master and he was wearing it now. Han, if I didn?t know you so well I?d think you were playing me like some wet-behind-the-ears kid at the old Gambler?s Luck. Jaina? Another Arennal? I don?t even know what to say to that.

It was Lando who broke contact. Shifting in his well-worn chair he felt himself detach from Han, from the sights and sounds of the crowded lounge, from the unconscionable tale he had just heard about a young woman who was like a member of his own family. With his eyes closed to the present, Lando sank into the past. He slowly worked his way into the dimness at the edges of his mind. There it was. A box, tightly closed. It contained the story of Arennal.

He removed the mental lid, and saw her face. Brown eyes, olive skin, black hair like the best Lindarian silk. It had been so many years, but the pain renewed itself as if feasting on his soul. Lando opened his eyes to find Han watching him quietly.

?I can?t imagine Jaina doing what Arennal did, Han.?

?Yeah, well, no two situations are exactly the same. But I know how much she hurt you. I need to know more about that, Lando. It?ll help me figure out what to do.? I've never admitted it out loud, but Jag Fel's a good man. He's a lot more like his uncle than his father, that's for sure. I'm tryin' not to think about how they got into this mess, but Jag at least deserves someone who'll take his side.

Lando began to sip at one of those sweet, fruit-and-alcohol filled drinks he'd always loved.

?I told Jaina that I didn?t want to see her again,? Han winced at the admission. ?Because she stole part of Jag?s future and she won?t even tell him.?

?I think you understand that.?

Han Solo, Imperial cadet. Lando remembered laughing over that one. Han had sent a message that he was at the training facilities on Carida, just in case Lando for some reason might need that information. Two men facing the galaxy alone. That?s who we were back then. I think you sent me that letter because all the other cadets had someone to write to and I fit that bill for you. Don?t get me wrong, I was kind of glad you did, but it was awkward for me to respond at the time because I wasn?t alone any more.

?We met in the lobby of a swank hotel on Denon. She was waiting for her father, Dane, and I was being stood up by someone else. One hour led to another, and we ended up having a wonderful time together. I eventually met her dad - got along with him, too. Arennal moved into my apartment. I really thought I had found someone to settle down with.?

?We lived there for about five months.? Lando emptied his tall glass. He definitely needed another and waved at the closest serving droid to refill Han?s as well.

Only after the alcohol in his new glass was two-thirds gone did he continue.

?Then one day I came home and found that she was gone. Everything. All of her clothes and belongings.? And a few of mine as well.

?I called Dane who actually helped me find her. She agreed to see me. We went for a long walk. She explained that she was afraid we were getting too close. She didn?t

2. oldjedinurse

Oct 6, 2003
    [face_devil]

New Chappie UP !!

3. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    Congrats on the 100th post ;) :) =D=

?I sliced the autopsy report out of the med bureau?s storage computer.?
    ?That baby was my son.?

:( Poor Lando.

Lando hesitated as his mind reached out to maintain its balance. ?Both times, they had brought a baby to sell.?

:eek: Yikes! She used the poor guy and was going to sell the little kid. What a horrible woman :mad:

?No, Han. Under the circumstances, I can?t let you go and talk to him. Not without me.?

Lando's always butting-in :p

FYI? when you close out a quote and start a new paragraph with ", it means someone else is talking. Otherwise it gets pretty confusing.

?One of my babies?is?,? Jaina stopped short of the words. No. I have to say it. She started again. ?One of my babies, is part of the dark side

[face_devil]

?That voice suggested that I .. it gave me the idea to .. have a baby. All I remember is hearing it, and then calling on the Force when we .. I .. we were ?? Jaina?s voice faded away into self-conscious discomfort as her face shaded to crimson. Leia, the consummate politician, saved her.

That voice was probably Jag [face_laugh]

Great post, oldj :D I love how dark this is getting instead of turning into a mush fic. :)

4. oldjedinurse

Oct 6, 2003
    Hello, YK -

Poor Lando.
    I've always thought he has a lot more history than we know.

Yikes! She used the poor guy and was going to sell the little kid. What a horrible woman
    Not exactly a woman to bring home to mama, huh?

Lando's always butting-in
    Poor Lando, or 'butt-insky'? Hmmm. I sense some conflict within you... [face_laugh]

FYI? when you close out a quote and start a new paragraph with ", it means someone else is talking. Otherwise it gets pretty confusing.
    You're absolutely right! Thanks! I tend to get carried away with the content and forget about things like that. Always appreciate writing tips!! [:D]

That voice was probably Jag [face_laugh] [face_laugh]
    How do you spell p-e-r-v-e-r-t?

ROFLOL!!

Great post, oldj I love how dark this is getting instead of turning into a mush fic.
    I won't promise NO mush, but there's more drama here than mush, definitely.

Thanks again, YK!

-----signature-----

5. Gloria

Gloria Jedi Master star 4

Nov 8, 2004
    Oh my Force! :eek:

Wowsers. :p Great post! And the creepiness continues.. [face_mischief]

Poor Lando, has a son, doesn't even know it, then girlfriend leaves and wants to sell said son. :mad:

I'm not liking this 'voice' either.. :mad: [face_kill_voice_with_knife]

And YAY for 100 posts! *throws confetti* =D= [:D]

6. JAGSGURL15

JAGSGURL15 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 21, 2003
    OMG, u like practically had me crying there! such a powerful post! Whoa, it hit me with such force as i read it! Now im really reallly getting eager for more! cant wait to see where you choose to take this!

7. KnightedRogue

KnightedRogue Jedi Master star 3

Aug 11, 2004
    Yikes!

A dark triplet.

An evil voice.

An old flame that died trying to sell Lando's child.

Yikes.

I absolutely can't wait to see where you go with this. It's certainly not a situation I've ever considered before. [face_laugh]

*KR*

8. JediTristan

JediTristan Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 30, 2004
    O, ok, so Jay isn't the bad girl, she's just being mind-puppeted.

I thought that only worked on the weak-minded?

Love doesn't make you weak, does it?

*sigh* I guess it just opens you up to trusting people.

But I would like to say that it certainly doesn't make you weak.

Just my two cents.

Poor Jay!

Holy crap! Poor Lando! That's horrible!

9. oldjedinurse

Oct 6, 2003
    Gloria -

Oh my Force! Wowsers. Great post! And the creepiness continues..
    Thanks! I love "Wowsers"!

Poor Lando, has a son, doesn't even know it, then girlfriend leaves and wants to sell said son.
    I was hoping no one saw that coming...

I'm not liking this 'voice' either.. [face_kill_voice_with_knife]
    Bad voice ... creepy voice ... get out of my head (and into yours!) LOL ! [face_laugh]

And YAY for 100 posts! *throws confetti*
    Thanks, Gloria! I appreciate it! And, hey, you helped get this fic there!

JAGSGURL -

OMG, u like practically had me crying there! such a powerful post! Whoa, it hit me with such force as i read it! Now im really reallly getting eager for more! cant wait to see where you choose to take this!
    Whoa, JG15! I'm so pleased you sound so excited by the story! **hands out tissues, just in case**
    I'll try to keep it interesting - there's lots more bouncing around in my head and lying around on bits of paper in my living room!
    :D

KR -

Yikes!...I absolutely can't wait to see where you go with this. It's certainly not a situation I've ever considered before.
    Great! Thanks! Dare to be different, I say. I'm not sure how many original ideas there are left in this galaxy, but I'm trying! Appreciate you keeping up with me!

Tris -

O, ok, so Jay isn't the bad girl, she's just being mind-puppeted. I thought that only worked on the weak-minded?
    Jay may not be Snow White, but is she a mind-puppet victim? What if the puppeteer is many times stronger than Jay? Does that make her weak, or is it just a battle she lost? Hey, just inquiring... [face_devil]

Love doesn't make you weak, does it?
    In my experience, it can make you a drooling idiot (temporarily), but I digress.
    Jay's no weak-minded fool. That's all I'm saying at this point.

*sigh* I guess it just opens you up to trusting people. But I would like to say that it certainly doesn't make you weak.
    Good for you, Tris. No it doesn't. Being trusting makes you a good-hearted person. The kind of person you want for a friend. [:D]

Just my two cents.
    I'll take your two cents, and raise you five.

Holy crap! Poor Lando! That's horrible
    Yeah, I've always kind of liked Lando, but I thought he needed a little angst. **mean writer**

Thanks bunches, Tris!

Thanks, once again, to everyone for your R & R!

oldj

10. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Lando's story creeped me out. Jaina broke my heart. I was glad I read this post.

11. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Bravo! =D=

Poor Lando! I've always liked the scoundrel. Thanks so much for the PM or I might have missed the update.

12. oldjedinurse

Oct 6, 2003
    Ishy -

Lando's story creeped me out. Jaina broke my heart. I was glad I read this post.
    Thanks, Ish. I seem to be a Queen of Creepy Angst at the moment!
    I'm glad that you're glad.

VaderLVR -

Poor Lando! I've always liked the scoundrel.
    Me too! I'm not making him a happy scoundrel though, am I?

**Appreciation to readers** [:D]

oldj

13. AvenKiel

AvenKiel Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2003
    :_| Lando's baby!!!!

I agree with Knighted Rogue, this is definately something I haven't seen before. (Me Loves It!!)

Keep it comin'!!

14. Gloria

Nov 8, 2004
    I was hoping no one saw that coming...
    [color=FF0084]I for one didn't! :eek: [/color]

Bad voice ... creepy voice ... get out of my head (and into yours!) LOL !
    [color=FF0084]AGGH! No! Stay with her! *points* :p[/color]

Thanks, Gloria! I appreciate it! And, hey, you helped get this fic there!
    [face_love] [color=FF0084]And you better remember that when you're famous, missy! :mad: :p [:D][/color]

I'll try to keep it interesting - there's lots more bouncing around in my head and lying around on bits of paper in my living room!
    [color=FF0084]You do that too? :p I have so many small pieces of scrap paper with a few lines scattered everywhere. Coffee table, computer desk, dashboard in the car. :p (With me it's poetry though. :) )[/color]

Dare to be different, I say.
    [color=FF0084]Bravo! =D= I have the cutest AIM buddy icon with that somewhere.. :p It has a DUCKY on it! A ducky! [face_love][/color]

Does that make her weak, or is it just a battle she lost? Hey, just inquiring...
    [color=FF0084]Don't say a word! She is not afraid to take your words and use them against us. :p[/color]

In my experience, it can make you a drooling idiot (temporarily), but I digress.
    [color=FF0084]Well said. [face_frustrated][/color]

I'll take your two cents, and raise you five.
    [color=FF0084]And the pot thickens.. [face_mischief][/color]

Yeah, I've always kind of liked Lando, but I thought he needed a little angst. **mean writer**
    [color=FF0084]I became obsessed with Lando when he appeared in Jedi Outcast. [face_laugh] For a week at my cousin's (where I first played that game) he was in every conversation, usually referred to as 'Lando-baby!'. :p I have an attachment to him too. :( And yes, you are a mean author! Putting Lando-baby through all that.. :_| But I forgive you because I love you and this little 'fic. :p [:D][/color]

Me too! I'm not making him a happy scoundrel though, am I?
    :mad: :p

[color=FF0084]Yes, I have too much time on my hands.. [face_laugh] [/color]

15. tangled_sphere

tangled_sphere Jedi Master star 4

Dec 28, 2003
    No wonder Han was so upset, that story with Lando was just heartbreaking :_|

And the plot definitely thickens with this pregnancy! :eek: There is more to this than I had even imagined. Very interesting with this 'voice' that Jaina heard. And the darkness they all sense within her.

Oh, great job! Looking forward to the next chapter :D

16. JediTristan

JediTristan Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 30, 2004
    Haha, Ish creeped out...that's a funny one.

Should I spell Jaina 'Jay' or 'Jai'? The 'i' implies a long i sound, not the long a. I like the i, though, plus it looks liek I'm talking about her.

Yay for friends!! [:D] [:D] [:D]

17. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Wow...talk about putting your heart through the wringer. I can understand Lando being so upset...and poor Jaina... :(

18. GreatOne

GreatOne Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 22, 2003
    Poor Lando! Poor Jaina! Poor unborn baby! Poor Leia! Poor Han! Poor Jag! *whew* That's a LOT of angst you're packing into this story! :eek: :eek:

19. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    oooh, I love that!!! Soooo good!! Poor Lando!! That is so evil!! So is Lando's dead ex trying to control Jaina?

Congrats on 100!! [:D]

20. oldjedinurse

Oct 6, 2003
    AvenKiel -

Lando's baby!!!!
    I know!! Hurting Lando like that wasn't easy.

I agree with Knighted Rogue, this is definately something I haven't seen before. (Me Loves It!!)
    Glad to give you something new and different!

Keep it comin'!!
    I will!

Thanks a lot - glad you loves it!

Gloria -

And you better remember that when you're famous, missy!
    ROFLOL!!!!! You're very funny! :D

I have so many small pieces of scrap paper with a few lines scattered everywhere. Coffee table, computer desk, dashboard in the car. (With me it's poetry though.)
    I write poetry, too. Since it all just comes out of the recesses of my brain in bits and pieces and at odd times, I write it down everywhere. I keep a pad of paper and pen in the car and write at stoplights too! (Never when I'm actually driving - well okay maybe once or twice - a few words - VERY briefly.) :eek:

It has a DUCKY on it! A ducky!
    A Ducky?? Cool!

She is not afraid to take your words and use them against us.
    True. [face_devil]

And yes, you are a mean author! Putting Lando-baby through all that.. But I forgive you because I love you and this little 'fic.
    Aww. Thanks from the mean author. [:D]

Yes, I have too much time on my hands..
    Then WRITE! Poetry, fiction, whatever. Or write on the boards - that's what they're here for!

t_s -

No wonder Han was so upset, that story with Lando was just heartbreaking
    I know. Poor Lando. :(

There is more to this than I had even imagined. Very interesting with this 'voice' that Jaina heard. And the darkness they all sense within her.
    Guess I'd better figure out how to resolve this, huh? (Just kidding, really!) O:)

Oh, great job! Looking forward to the next chapter
    So happy you like it! Thanks a lot!!

Tris -

Should I spell Jaina 'Jay' or 'Jai'? The 'i' implies a long i sound, not the long a. I like the i, though, plus it looks liek I'm talking about her.

Hmmmmm. I understand your conflict. I think it could go either way. I kind of like 'Jai' but 'Jay' seems to be the more 'common usage' version. If you want to be different (this is YOU we're talking about) use 'Jai' - everyone will still know who you mean! :D

HanSolo29 -

Wow...talk about putting your heart through the wringer.
    Oh. Your poor heart! Hang on! There's hope...

Thanks so much!

GreatOne -

*whew* That's a LOT of angst you're packing into this story!
    It is, isn't it? There's more action coming up to go with it.

Thanks!

Nat -

That is so evil!! So is Lando's dead ex trying to control Jaina?
    Interesting possibility...one of many!

Congrats on 100!!
    Thanks, Nat! Its my first 100!

Appreciate your continued support!

Thanks to all!

oldj

21. lurker2209

lurker2209 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 9, 2005
    Crazy backstory with Lando. It does help explain Han's feelings. This whole "dark baby" thing is getting weird. Maybe Luke can do something to get ride of the darkness. Luke Skywalker: jedi Master and Exorcist!

~Lurker

22. Gloria

Nov 8, 2004
    ROFLOL!!!!! You're very funny!
    [color=FF0084]Guilty. :p Thanks. I love making people laugh, glad I succeeded. :p[/color]

I write poetry, too. Since it all just comes out of the recesses of my brain in bits and pieces and at odd times, I write it down everywhere. I keep a pad of paper and pen in the car and write at stoplights too! (Never when I'm actually driving - well okay maybe once or twice - a few words - VERY briefly.)
    [color=FF0084]Of coooourse you don't.. :p Though I'm just as bad, as in I write on napkins at resturants. :p Occassionally even on myself if there's no paper handy! [face_laugh][/color]

A Ducky?? Cool!
    [color=FF0084] I know! [face_love] Duckies will one day rule the world and you know it. :p I mean, where would we be if it were not for the glory that is a rubber duck? :* :p [/color]

True.
    [color=FF0084]Gah. [face_frustrated] :p [/color]

Aww. Thanks from the mean author.
    [:D] [color=FF0084]And mean author still hasn't replied to my post over at the Han/Leia 25 years post NJO fic yet. :mad: Scoot! :p [/color]

Then WRITE! Poetry, fiction, whatever. Or write on the boards - that's what they're here for!
    [color=FF0084] Gah, I know. :p But I can't write without an inspiration! :eek: I mean, I can but it comes out totally whacked. :p [/color]

"That is so evil!! So is Lando's dead ex trying to control Jaina?"
    Interesting possibility...one of many!

[color=FF0084]NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! :_| Don't give her any ideas, please! She's evil anough as-is! :p[/color]

[:D]

[color=FF0084]And to Trissy - Jai sounds pretty awesome, actually. :eek: :cool:[/color]

23. oldjedinurse

Oct 6, 2003
    Lurker -

Crazy backstory with Lando. It does help explain Han's feelings.
    Good! I was hoping it might.

This whole "dark baby" thing is getting weird. Maybe Luke can do something to get ride of the darkness. Luke Skywalker: jedi Master and Exorcist!
    Ooooh. Exorcist. Interesting.
    But wrong.

[face_laugh] [face_devil]

Thanks, Lurker!

oldj

24. oldjedinurse

Oct 6, 2003
    Gloria -

And mean author still hasn't replied to my post over at the Han/Leia 25 years post NJO fic yet. Scoot!
    [face_blush]
    Okay. Where is it? I can't find it.
    **mutters to self** **sooooo behind in reading**

But I can't write without an inspiration! I mean, I can but it comes out totally whacked.
    Whacked can be good.

oldj

25. Gloria

Nov 8, 2004
    There. :p

And yeah, whacked can be fun sometimes. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.