main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends The Blood of the Hand (Mara, Luke, H/L, & more) Author's Note 04/05

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by MirandaFair, Aug 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RedGold

RedGold Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2004
    Oh, she's evil... me likey!!

2. JadeLotus

JadeLotus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2005

No...not Lando! [face_worried]

Great post.

3. MirandaFair

MirandaFair Jedi Master star 4

Jun 13, 2005
    VIII Great...
    I will love to see how this is going to continue..

Thanks for stopping back. :)

Jedi Trace Oops! Missed a post.

"Kill him, and bring Mara Jade before me. With Jade in my hands, you get the Ghost Fleet and I get the beginning of a new Dark Order."

*whistles* You don't waste any time in building the suspense, do you? Can't wait to see where this goes!

Hehehe *evil smirk*. I love getting all our favorite characters into trouble right away. Thanks for reading.

RedGold Oh, she's evil... me likey!!

Muwahahaha

JadeLotus No...not Lando!

Great post.

Thank you! ;)

Everyone, thanks so much for your encouragement and support!

4. Jadie

Jadie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 9, 2005
    This is getting good! ;)

5. MirandaFair

Jun 13, 2005
    Jadie: This is getting good!
    Happy you're liking it, Jadie. [:D]
    Hope you all enjoy this longer chapter. Makes up for the short one that came before it. ;)

[b]CHAPTER THREE[/b]

The planet Contruum turned silently beneath the [i]Lady Luck[/i]. Mara Jade spared a quick glance out of her bulky space suit and gazed down at the speckled blue-green planet.

"How much longer Mara?" Lando's voice came crackling in her ear.

Mara rolled her eyes and hit her thrusters to bring her closer to the ships underside. "Removing a tracking device ain't like charming a woman, Calrissian," she said with a bit of sarcasm in her voice.

Silence sounded on the other end of the comm. "I'll...erm," Lando cleared his throat, "I'll let you get back to work."

Pursing her lips tightly together, Mara scrutinized the tracker. It was an Imperial make, of that she was certain. The standard gray covering, the red etch marks around the octagonal corners was a dead giver. But who had placed the device on the ship and why? That was a mystery she'd have to piece together later.

It was during their journey through hyperspace that Mara and Lando noticed the [i]Lady Luck[/i] was having interference in communicating with it's computer. A possibility of this disruption was they were being followed. Neither Mara or Lando entertained this idea very much. They thought it best to stop off at the nearest planet and make sure that they were in the clear before looking closer at the ship's systems.

Fingers maneuvered around her blaster and lightsaber. Detaching a small four-pronged tool from her utility belt, Mara began to carefully pick apart the menace that latched itself onto the hull of the [i]Lady Luck[/i]. Unscrewing the cover plate of the tracker, Mara noticed a series of red, white and yellow wires and above them, a counter screen that had begun its countdown.

Mara swore under her breath. [i]Sneaky[/i], Mara thought. [i]Very sneaky[/i].

"That didn't sound good Jade," Lando's voice said in her earpiece.

"Nothing to worry about," Mara lied as she considered cutting the tracker out with her lightsaber. She knew Lando wouldn't appreciate it if she put a gaping whole in his beloved yacht, so she pushed aside the thought and went straight to work.

Whoever was trailing them, they seemed to know Mara's past. Trying to cover all the bases. Well, they could try all they wanted, but today wasn't their lucky day. Mara Jade was damned if she was going to be beaten by a pathetically-rigged tracker bomb.

Two minutes ticked down to one minute. Gloved hands worked fast and efficiently to disable the trap. Red wire crossed white, and yellow split to touch the other two.

"Mara?" Lando called.

"Not now Calrissian," Mara said firmly.

A minute passed to forty-five seconds.

Mara twisted the trio of thread. With her vibroblade she gently sliced, cutting smaller wires from within the originals. The numbers still descended, Mara clenched her jaw.

Fifteen seconds.

"Mara?" Lando repeated.

Sweat dripped off Mara's forehead, but she didn't feel it. The former Emperor's Hand was in her element. The new cable braided white over red, followed by yellow. Mara slid the color rubber down from the cuts to the mouth of the new wires.

Ten seconds.

Mara noticed the metal hook on the side of the tracking unit. Holding her breath, Mara attached the newly sliced wires and twisted them around the hook.

Five seconds.

Underneath the small counter screen lay a series of small buttons. Focusing on the red button, Mara pressed it.

Three seconds.

The clock stopped. Mara inhaled deeply and felt for the two niches on the side of the gray box that almost ended it all. Twisting it sharply, Mara dislocated it from the ship. Mara gave it another look and tossed it out into the black of space.

"Got it!" Mara said.

"Good to know," Lando said tightly, he wasn't exactly sure what it was Mara [i]got[/i]. "Head back inside. Make it q

6. JadeLotus

Mar 27, 2005
    Great post!

"Removing a tracking device ain't like charming a woman, Calrissian," she said with a bit of sarcasm in her voice.

Silence sounded on the other end of the comm. "I'll...erm," Lando cleared his throat, "I'll let you get back to work."

:D I love that.

And those Emperor's Hand skills come in so handy don't they?

7. oldjedinurse

oldjedinurse Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 6, 2003
    :D

"Halt!" a muffled bark came from one of the men.
    "I don't think so," Mara said as she ignited her blade.

I just love Mara.

Great job!

oldj

8. RedGold

Nov 29, 2004
    I really like the action scene here where she takes out the bomb...

and of course... Mara being Mara... ;)

9. Jadie

Jan 9, 2005
    Ladies and gentleman, let me introduce you Mara Jade, The Emperor's Hand. ;)

That was wonderful! I actually started sweating when that bomb almost blew up... [face_tired]

Great job! :D

10. VIII

VIII Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 16, 2005
    Another amazing post, I really want more..

11. Briman

Briman Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2004
    Great update, Miranda! =D=

12. MirandaFair

Jun 13, 2005
    JadeLotus: Great post!

Thank you!

"Removing a tracking device ain't like charming a woman, Calrissian," she said with a bit of sarcasm in her voice.

I love that.

That was a fun moment to write. I'm so happy you liked it too.:)

And those Emperor's Hand skills come in so handy don't they?

They most certainly do!

oldjedinurse: "Halt!" a muffled bark came from one of the men.
    "I don't think so," Mara said as she ignited her blade.

I just love Mara.

Great job!

Mara is such a pip. :D Thank you oldj, as always. [:D]

RedGold: I really like the action scene here where she takes out the bomb...

and of course... Mara being Mara...

Ah the tracker bomb...added in one of my many, many updates on this chappy. I bet you're happy this one is finally posted, eh Master? ;)

Jadie: Ladies and gentleman, let me introduce you Mara Jade, The Emperor's Hand.

That was wonderful! I actually started sweating when that bomb almost blew up...

Wow! That's one of the coolest things someone has ever said..err wrote to me. I'm so glad I'm made your heart rate kick up a notch. Suspense is good, it's even better if the reader experiences it. So THANK YOU!

VIII:Another amazing post, I really want more..

More should be coming soon, no fear. *crosses fingers*

Briman:Great update, Miranda!

Great job!

Thank you for stopping back. I'm very happy you enjoyed it. :D

A/N: Again, I can't thank you all enough for rooting me on in my first foray into this side of ff. <3

13. jade51999

jade51999 Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    Heh,

I got this link from RedGold's page--this is really interesting. I don't know alot about Sly Moore's charachter but so far I like the way you write Mara --

And the intrigue! Oh the intrigue! the Ghost Fleet? Hmm..now that does not sound good!!

14. Golden_Jedi

Golden_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 10, 2005
    Impressive! I liked it very much... Please PM when you update, yes?:D

15. Jadie

Jan 9, 2005
    Miranda, you don't need to thank me! You did an amazing job and I'm just telling the truth! :D

Now, go back to writing! :p

I probably should go too... [face_worried]

16. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    Excellent chapter!!! Loved seeing Mara in all her former EH glory and lightsaber action. =D= :D

17. MirandaFair

Jun 13, 2005
    Dear Readers,

I was planning to update today. But I've had a death in the family. I will keep writing. However, right now I need to be there for my loved ones, as they are here for me.

Thank you for understanding. This story will continue.

18. Briman

Briman Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2004
    Sorry to hear that [:D]

19. RedGold

Nov 29, 2004
    Family always comes first. We're here for you! [:D]

20. JadeLotus

Mar 27, 2005
    Sorry to hear that, Miranda [:D] [:D] My best wishes to you and your family.

21. Jadie

Jan 9, 2005
    I'm sorry... @};-
    But don't worry Miranda. We'll wait for you. ;)

22. MirandaFair

Jun 13, 2005
    Wow! New readers...:) This is such a great surprise.

jade51999: I got this link from RedGold's page--this is really interesting. I don't know alot about Sly Moore's charachter but so far I like the way you write Mara --

Welcome! Thank you for reading. RedGold is an amazing Master, and writer, so I'm very grateful to see fellow fans of her work here.

There really isn't a lot about Sly Moore. Except for the AotC/RotS novels, along with her entry over at the SWENC. She just seemed like an interesting character-with lots of possibilities. Plus there may have been the slightest chance that she actually knew Mara, since Sly was close to Palpatine. You never know...;)

And the intrigue! Oh the intrigue! the Ghost Fleet? Hmm..now that does not sound good!!

Nope...not a good thing. ;)

Golden_Jedi: Impressive! I liked it very much... Please PM when you update, yes?

Welcome! I'm glad you're liking it so far. I'd be happy to send you a PM.

Jadie: Miranda, you don't need to thank me! You did an amazing job and I'm just telling the truth!

[face_blush] Aww...thank you. D'woh! Did it again. hehe.

Now, go back to writing!

I'm trying ;)

I probably should go too...

Yes! Keep writing!

Jedi Trace: Excellent chapter!!! Loved seeing Mara in all her former EH glory and lightsaber action.

Thank you, Trace! There will be some more of that coming up. I promise...[face_dancing]

Briman: Sorry to hear that[:D]

Thank you for the hug.

RedGold: Family always comes first. We're here for you![:D]

Indeed. Thanks being there for me and for the hugs. Never can have too many of those.

JadeLotus: Sorry to hear that, Miranda My best wishes to you and your family.

Thank you. JL. Fortunately, I have a very close and strong family, so we're pulling through this.

Jadie I'm sorry...@};-
    But don't worry Miranda. We'll wait for you.

Thank you for the flowers and for waiting patiently.

Again, thank you to everyone who sent out well wishes. That was very sweet of you. Also thank you for being patient. And welcome new readers! Here is Chapter 4, while short, I hope you enjoy.

[b]CHAPTER 4[/b]

Sitting cross-legged Sly Moore opened her eyes from meditation to reveal thin golden slits. She knew the mission had been a failure, long before the comm warbled, long before an officer, who wasn't Commander Pellaeon, appeared on her viewscreen.

"Yes?" already foreseeing the outcome of this meeting.

"Madam," a young man said, voice breaking with nervousness, "I regret to inform you on behalf of Commander Pellaeon, that the mission to obtain the former Imperial has failed."

Lifting her chin upward, Moore slowly looked the messenger up and down.

"Why are [i]you[/i] informing me, and not Commander Pellaeon himself?"

"The Commander is currently discussing the events with the Destroyer whose pursuit was unsuccessful."

Eyes widened in interest, the calculating sneer returned on Moore's face. "You will tell your Commander that he needs to speak to me immediately."

"I will tell Commander Pellaeon to speak to you immediately," repeated the man, leaving the holocam's range.

In a few minutes time, a perturbed looking Gilad Pellaeon appeared. Once he saw it was Sly Moore on the opposite side of the screen, his demeanor changed from annoyance to trepidation. The officer who contacted Moore stood in back of his superior, eyes glazed over.

"My Lady," began Pellaeon.

Sly Moore cut him off. "I would [i]very[/i] much appreciate it Commander if all further messages come from you, yourself. After all, we

23. oldjedinurse

oldjedinurse Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 6, 2003
    Excellent update, Miranda!

I missed your earlier message, but I am very sorry for your loss. [:D]

oldj

24. JadeLotus

Mar 27, 2005
    Great post! I fear what will happen in Sly Moore gets her hands on Mara. And I loved seeing Pellaeon.

25. jade51999

jade51999 Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    Sorry to hear about the death in your family.

Great Post, thanks for putting it up!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.