main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social The Blue Moon Cantina XX: Home of the Dancing Ewoks

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Bardan_Jusik, Nov 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dark Ferus

Dark Ferus Chosen One star 8

Jul 29, 2016
  2. Ananta Chetan

Ananta Chetan Force Ghost star 5

Aug 11, 2013
    [​IMG]

splits some firewood like logan would

3. DarthIshyZ

DarthIshyZ Chosen One star 8

Jan 8, 2005
    You sure he wouldn't just use his claws?

4. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    It's the claws in his contract.

5. DarthIshyZ

Jan 8, 2005
    @PCCViking, should it worry me that I seem to set the spike for so many of your jokes?

(BTW, that's a volleyball reference if you didn't get it)

Last edited: Jan 12, 2022
  6. PCCViking

Jun 12, 2014
    Nope. :D

7. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    I hear you! :p [face_love]

8. Dark Ferus

Dark Ferus Chosen One star 8

Jul 29, 2016
    Sorry for being so needy last night, my fellow Jedi and Sith alike

just Darth Real Life weighing me down a little :p

9. DarthIshyZ

Jan 8, 2005
    Really? Never, ever happens to me. You're just weird. [face_hypnotized]

10. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    I think I missed out on something .

We had a long drive home from Orlando to TX, by 3pm today I was ready to go back. My new dream job might just be to be a CM at Hollywood Studios as an actor for Rise of the Resistance. :p

11. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    We're always here to listen sadly though time zones never really match up and I can only do Zoom on my iPad as I don't have a camera. That requires a bit of setting up. Mate, shoot me a PM if you need to talk, as a mother I'm a damn good listener. ;)

darthbernael likes this.
  12. PCCViking

Jun 12, 2014
    Did you make the drive in one day?

Been there, done that. My family and I drove from San Antonio to Tallahassee in one day.

13. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Driven from Melbourne to Adelaide in one day...........1000 clicks.........flew there and picked up my new car! Such a pleasure to drive home in!!
    (621.3 miles).

14. PCCViking

Jun 12, 2014
    Tallahassee to San Antonio was over 900 miles.

And depending where @Lady Belligerent lives in Texas, given that she was driving from Orlando, that would easily be a 1000-1300 mile drive.

15. darthbernael

darthbernael EU Community Mod, Fuego, Pyrofuego! star 5 Staff Member Manager

Apr 15, 2019
    When my great grandmother died I lived in Tulsa, OK. And had to drive to just outside DC. Which, according to Google maps is 18 hr 25 min (1212.5 mi) (1951.3 km) worth of driving distance. My twenty year old dumb self drove it straight through. And only got pulled over once, literally in sight of the exit to my grandmother's house. The cop could tell it was sheer exhaustion mixed with too many No-doze and believed me when I told him I was only a mile from her house. He did follow me there to be sure, but let me drive there before he left, with just a warning.

Edit: With many stops to try and stay awake it did take me almost 22 hours to do the drive.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2022
    DarthIshyZ and PCCViking like this.
  16. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    That's called dangerous..........

10 hours is my max, then I need a soft bed to crawl into. ;) Not what my cousin gave me when I stayed there, fold out thing with a bar through the middle and bazzilion cats, to which I am allergic too. Don't get me wrong, I was grateful, but suffered for it.

Sarge, DarthIshyZ and darthbernael like this.
  17. darthbernael

Apr 15, 2019
    Oh, don't get me wrong, it was dangerous and I was extremely stupid to do so. By the time I got to the house I fell asleep as soon as I laid down, with my heart beating like I was running a marathon from all the caffeine and No-doze I'd taken. I'm surprised that didn't end me, honestly.

Sarge and DarthIshyZ like this.
  18. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Probably should have, and if you had even a minor heart issue, probably would have! :eek:

darthbernael likes this.
  19. darthbernael

Apr 15, 2019
    Oh yeah I agree. When I headed back, I did so more safely, drove it in two days, sleeping in a hotel on the way back.

Sarge, Adalia-Durron and PCCViking like this.
  20. DarthIshyZ

Jan 8, 2005
    I had similar experiences twice.
    First time, when I was 18, I drove with my mom to south Florida from Knoxville, TN (about 12 hours). At some point my mom decided we needed to rest. We pulled off in a rest stop. I got in the back seat, she in the front seat. And laid there... About five minutes later: "Andy?" "Yeah." "You awake?" "Yeah." "OK, let's go." We drove the rest of the way with no rest. That's what you can do when you're young and full of energy!
    When I was in my mid 20s, I was dating a girl in Maryland who's best friend lived outside of Chicago (10.5 hours). We visited her for a weekend on a whim. That was interesting. I'm going to claim 21 hours on that one because it was basically Friday night there, Saturday night back.

21. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    I did a drive with a friend when I was 21, we left at midnight after we'd finished work and packed up the car for a week, we drove 6 hours till we needed fuel, and I had planned the stop, but didn't count on it not being open!! It was 6am, and the sign on the door said 'We open at 8am" So we pulled our quilts over from the back of the car and fell asleep for two hours. Was woken to the station owner tapping on the window 'Need fuel?' Gotta love country stations.

Sarge, DarthIshyZ and darthbernael like this.
  22. DarthIshyZ

Jan 8, 2005
    Of course where I lived in Tennessee you'd be lucky if they didn't have a banjo at the ready playing Dueling Banjos.

Iron_lord, HanSolo29 , Sarge and 2 others like this.
  23. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    1115.4 mi from DFW to Orlando, which is 17ish hours if you don’t stop. I stopped, some, and only when necessary.

Coming back was harder, I was tired and there was more traffic to deal with, so it took a little longer. DFW to Chicago used to be cake, I really like road trips.

We spent a lot of time reading the 1000 Ways to Die Wiki on this trip.

24. DarthIshyZ

Jan 8, 2005
    Ahhh, good up-lifting reading. I guess it's appropriate. You were just surrounded by Florida Man!

Edit: Just realized... @PCCViking is a Florida Man.
    Eyes him closely

Last edited: Jan 13, 2022
  25. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Before I retired, I used to drive home to Maine from Arkansas when I was on leave, 2 days to get there, one night in a motel. As long as I had cruise control and CD's to listen to, it was fine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.