main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Blue Yoda Society: Who's Your Daddy?

Discussion in 'Archive: Your Jedi Council Community' started by PaplooTheory, Oct 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mrs_Kitty

Mrs_Kitty Jedi Knight star 5

May 23, 2002
    It's not that we're afraid of death, far from it, it's just that we've got this thing about death... It's not us!

2. Salty

Salty Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 24, 1998
    [image=http://www.thecolosseum.org/images/smiles/baby.gif]

3. CrimsonTheory

CrimsonTheory Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 28, 2002
    5. Like all good transplanted-English psychedevians basking in the Summer of Love, Jimi Hendrix saw to it he padded out his concerts - to say nothing of his albums! - with mega-minute dollops of chemically-derived stereophonic noodling, the most exemplary of which remains "1983 (A Merman I Should Turn To Be)" (...not to mention the rest of "Electric Ladyland" side three), extracts from which can still be heard squeaking beneath scratchy archival footage of love-ins and de-lousings circa "Journey To The Center Of The Mind." Yet hidden away on the Experience's European B-sides are some of this dubious genre's "best," though least heard, doses of aural indulgence. For example: Guess what "Stars That Play with Laughing Sam's Dice" (flipside of "Burning Of The Midnight Lamp") stands for? (and you thought Lucy in the Sky with Dinah was hep!) And even more, well, fascinating was Jimi's original "teenage opera to God," entitled "Brave Ulysses' Long Lost Stash Hast Imbrued Tonto". This typically incoherent twenty-seven minute excursion into the realms of, as it was explained at the time, "electric tribal sky church rainbow music" found itself, in a brief lapse of (in)sanity, chopped off the "Axis: Bold As Love" LP (but is threatening to be exhumed soon as part of MCA/Exxon's "Essentially Rare Reprogrammed Hendrix In The Studio As You've Never Heard Before, Sorta" 12-CD Boxing Set).

4. PaplooTheory

PaplooTheory Jedi Master star 5

Nov 9, 2001
    6 (a). DRIED (as opposed to SOUR) GRAPES DEPT.: Jimi's former drummists haven't exactly led stellar careers - or lives for that matter - since September 18, 1970. Buddy Miles, who beat behind the Hendrix Band of Gypsys was, after having been sprung from several hoosegows, the brains, to be incredibly gracious, behind the California Raisins. And Mitch Mitchell, who you should all recall was at least one-third of The Jimi Hendrix Experience, ended up hawking his road stories and then some to the highest bidder (Harmony Books), before disappearing deep into the Delete Zone. The bigger the drum kit, the harder they fall.

5. Mrs_Kitty

May 23, 2002
    I'm a mog: half man, half dog. I'm my own best friend!

6. Salty

Dec 24, 1998
    Just call me daddy.

7. Mrs_Kitty

May 23, 2002
    So, Lord Helmet, at last we meet again for the first time for the last time.

8. PaplooTheory

Nov 9, 2001
    7. Within a few blocks of Jimi's still-extant Electric Lady Studios (in NYC's once-happening Greenwich Village) are not only several of the world's best rare, used, and/or pirate record boutiques (highly recommended: the Brian Wilson "Smile Sessions" seven-box set) but, even more fattening, the one and only Waverly Restaurant: The finest eatery east of the Mississip! (Tuesday Night's Special? Roast duck with salad, bread, choice of potato and vegetable, beverage and dessert - a regular steal at $8.95) (that's at 385 Avenue of the Americas; phone (212) 675-3181... and don't forget to tell'em Gary the Pig sentcha!)

9. Salty

Dec 24, 1998
    [image=http://www.thecolosseum.org/images/smiles/woot.gif]

10. Mrs_Kitty

May 23, 2002
    What's the matter, Colonel Sandurz? CHICKEN?

11. Salty

Dec 24, 1998
    I know you lurkers are out there waiting.

12. CrimsonTheory

Oct 28, 2002
    Barbie's full name is Barbara Milicent Roberts.

13. Mrs_Kitty

May 23, 2002
    say goodbye to your two best friends, and I don't mean your pals in the winnebago.

14. Salty

Dec 24, 1998
    That's a nice name.

Man, I'm getting close to 5000 posts with this username. That will be 20,000 over all for this site.

15. PaplooTheory

Nov 9, 2001
    SO close now.

16. Leonard_Shelby

Leonard_Shelby Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 31, 2002
    [image=http://www.czechmedia.cz/obrazky/celebrity/klum/heidi_klum_08.jpg]

17. CrimsonTheory

Oct 28, 2002
    Heidi... ahhhh...

18. Mrs_Kitty

May 23, 2002
    Why didn't somebody tell me my ass was so big?

19. Salty

Dec 24, 1998
    She married Seal not too long ago.

20. CrimsonTheory

Oct 28, 2002
    [chandler]Whooopah!

21. Mrs_Kitty

May 23, 2002
    So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

22. PaplooTheory

Nov 9, 2001
    I can feeeeeel your loins...

23. Mrs_Kitty

May 23, 2002
    Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today to witness Princess Vespa, daughter of King Roland going right past the altar, heading down the ramp and out the door!

24. CrimsonTheory

Oct 28, 2002
    Just useless crap until 10,000 now...

25. PaplooTheory

Nov 9, 2001
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.