main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mini Series The Book of Boba Fett 1.03 - Chapter 3 - Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Jan 11, 2022.

?

Grade the Episode

Poll closed Jan 19, 2022.
  1. 10

3.0%
  2. 9

6.1%
  3. 8

20.7%
  4. 7

26.2%
  5. 6

18.3%
  6. 5

7.9%
  7. 4

4.9%
  8. 3

4.9%
  9. 2

4.9%
  10. 1

3.0%
  1. Lord-Skywalker

Lord-Skywalker Hangman Host/ 18X Wacky Wed Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner VIP - Game Host

Jul 8, 2002
    Another awesome episode. Didn’t see Tusken Warrior’s body in the slaughter, leaving the door open for a possible return.

Black Krrsantin totally wrecked shop.

Danny Trejo in Star Wars brings new meaning to Machete order. Hope that is Muchi he will be training.

2. Shadao

Shadao Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 31, 2017
    The Pykes never struck me as honorable, rather sleezy and always trying to find leverage over their employees. I mean, that train of theirs would easily protect them from the Tuskens if they close the windows and laugh when the bullets bounce off from the train. But they're shown to be shooting at the Tuskens, killing a good number of them, despite being invincible. It's clear that their protection excuses are just that. Excuses. They want to show that they own Tatooine and anyone on it. And what better way to flaunt their power than kill people for no reason other than they could?

This is the same syndicate that spared yet imprisoned Chancellor Valorum's aide for decades for future leverage over Dooku and the Jedi regarding the assassination of Sifo-Dyas. The same group that wanted to kill a wannabe crime lord for failing to deliver the promised spice and had to be talked out of it by the threat of war with other syndicates. You can tell from this episode that the Pykes are just rubbing in Boba's face about not paying the agreed money by first implying that Boba and the Tuskens are two separate parties... then claiming they already paid the Nitkos for protection money. The same Nitkos that beat up moisture farmers because they can.

And now they're back in the present. And mind you, reintroduced via a double-dealing backstab from the Mayor to Boba Fett. Yeah, they never came across as honorable. Rather a vile syndicate that the audience wouldn't mind seeing being dismantled by Boba.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2022
  3. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    One thing I liked:
    Boba mentioning that he's ridden beasts ten times the size of the Rancor.

[​IMG]

4. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    Black Krrsantan was kicking ass!!! Holy ****!

Another fantastic episode. Good to see mostly modern day stuff. But the flashbacks were super powerful too. I’m going 9/10 today.

5. Shadao

Oct 31, 2017
    Considering that the vassal's water supplies got raided by angry, cybernetic teenaged speeder gangs and he's begging Boba to deal with them, it is evident what kind of message Boba is sending to him:

"You brought this problem upon yourself with your overpriced schemes and if you ever think of trying to do it again... well let's just say these troublemakers will have my permission to resume their water thieving ways. Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if there would be a bounty reward on you soon."

6. Aah Fisto

Aah Fisto Jedi Knight star 2

May 30, 2020
    Solid episode. The over arching story is really interesting me, but the actual episode itself was filled with things that annoyed me like the cyberpunk Vespa kids

Really enjoying how the crime world scene is developing, I honestly don’t know who to believe or who’s done what

Hypatia and TadoFett like this.
  7. Riv_Shiel

Riv_Shiel Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2014
    I don't know what businesses the Trandoshans, Aqualish, and Klatooinians are in; but I bet it attracts more and worse enemies than overcharging for water does. I guarantee they are watching what is going on with these small time guys. Why follow a crime lord that punishes you for committing crimes (let's say unethical behavior more generally).

Hypatia and Def Trooper like this.
  8. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Yeah, that episode wasn’t my favorite. Certainly the weakest of the three so far.
    I do not like that the tribe got wiped out. I didn’t see the warrior among the dead so hopefully she at least survived. The Cool Kids Speeder Club felt really out of place and awkward. That chase was super cheesy.

Loved the fight with Black Krrsantan and the stuff with the Rancor. Danny Trejo! And the Pykes were an interesting setup. Definitely think we’re gonna see Crimson Dawn and Qi’ra now.

9. Shadao

Oct 31, 2017
    Boba Fett essentially pardoned those street gangs for stealing water and gave them all jobs... under the condition they work for him. It's quite simple really. The Daimyo will forgive your minor crimes and instead offer you better jobs at his place. That's how crime business rolls. Since that water supplier had to beg for Boba for help, it shows weakness. That you need Fett to stop the water stealing. Also, insulting him by implying the previous Daimyo didn't have this issue is a sure to ensure you'll get no favors from him.

That's really the theme. If you accept Boba's offer, you'll be rewarded handsomely. That Gamorean Guard got a nice bacta tank spa for risking his life to save Boba's. Jabba would never do that.

If you cross Boba... well that Twi'lek majordomo certainly lost his cool and cowardly ran from him. Plus, I thought I heard Boba planned to feed the Mayor to his new rancor.

10. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    Nice to see the best character
    and her three little droids
    from The Mandalorian make a cameo.

And I thought
    the ones that the Hutts feared would be Crimson Dawn, not the Pyke Syndicate

11. Generational Fan

Generational Fan Jedi Master star 4

Oct 21, 2015
    And that's the direction of that leaked Synopsis.

This latest chapter matches up with it.

TadoFett likes this.
  12. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Who promised Tatooine to the Pyke Syndicate? That’s my biggest question. I think it definitely has to be Crimson Dawn.

Hypatia, Darkslayer, wobbits and 6 others like this.
  13. DarthKegs

DarthKegs Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 21, 2019
    Thought it was a great episode although it did feel a bit dis-jointed at times. My only gripes with it were the bright colours of the speeder bikes that didn't fit with anything else and the dodgy effects during the speeder chase. Can only assume they'd run out of budget for this episode and knocked out 'the chase' on a pc running windows XP.
    8/10

14. Ash_Satine

Ash_Satine Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 5, 2017
    Somehow I liked this one. It was so off from the last episode, but it still has gotten to me. Some thoughts:

• Biker gang - no, they don't fit Tatooine. But I think about them as those Bonanza-Bike-gangs back than. All about the style, but not about the speed. Or those moped-gangs from my youth. So they fit in a way. If everything around you is plain and boring, you tune your bike and be the hero.
    • Tusken camp - actually I felt really sorry for them. But also for Boba. The flashback to Kamino before spelled it already out. On Kamino Boba got left behind, this time he left behind his new (and only) family to clear things up for them. I guess the Pikes are so not on any favourite side of him.
    • Rancor - I am one of those people who found it terribly sad as a kid when Luke killed the rancor and his keeper cried over it. This time it was a nice turnaround. And Boba riding that thing will be perfect. I just hope a rancor walks faster than a Bantha.
    • Wookie - I can't spell that name. That fight's been crazy and really scary. I guess the letting-go will turn back on Boba, but not in a bad way. Theoretically the Wookie is in life-dept now, isn't he? (Sorry, I'm not that deep into these things).
    • Hutts - no way, that they make a Hondo and just turn away. They simply don't want to fight themselves and will plan to come in whenever the war's done.

15. silentfault

silentfault Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 5, 2021
    All this beating the wookiee gave to Boba, and not a single scratch or a bruise? Come on. This is Rebels tier.
    Quite literally reused the same Kamino flashback from the last episode, which was disappointing to me, as these AotC flashbacks are pretty much the only thing I am actively looking forward to. I thought we would get something new each time he enters the flashback machine, but maybe not.
    Rodriguez's direction strikes again - absolutely pointless flashback to the Nikto gang from episode one, right after Boba had a talk with the Pykes about them and we saw their symbol at the dead tusken site. I get it. It's them. Weird cuts and schlocky camera movements. Really off-putting.
    Not a fan of the new biker gang designs. Looks too earthy. Those techwear coats and wannabe cyberpunk haircuts actively stick out like a sore thumb in that environment. Yeah, I get it, they are cyborgs. Still don't think it looks good or appropriate for Star Wars.
    The chase lasted way longer than it should have.
    So we are done with the Hutts? Well that was anticlimactic if so.
    Boba the benevolent is really tiresome. He is kinder than Din Djarin.

I thought it was pretty bad, didn't like it at all.

16. Intergalactic Lawman

Intergalactic Lawman Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 26, 2020
    Whoever signed off on the design of those bikes should be fired! Absolutely horrible :oops:

17. theorenwulf

theorenwulf Jedi Master star 2

Jul 12, 2015
    Loved the episode and I think the designs of the gang are really cool. They stick out from their environment sure but I think that is the point and I like Boba getting more help.

The end of the Tuskens was a bit anticlimatic and even though I didn't like the Tusken plot that much I'm not that big a fan of what happened. Though at least some might still be alive, we probably didn't see the last of them.

I also think the Hutts will be back but I like that they are not the seasons main threat and that the whole crime world plot generally really started rolling in this episode. The Pykes being this seasons bad guys makes sense and I think they are very appropriate.

The Rancor was really a nice touch.

The only thing I'm a bit mixed about is the speeder chase scenes. I loved the little details they threw in and seeing more of Mos Espa but I agree with some complaints that at some points it really felt awfully short.

Also I really want this show to answer what the **** happened to Mos Eisley. It already looked basically deserted in Mando and the contrast to Mos Espa in this episode was stark. Also with Bobas comment to the watermonger about going to Mos Eisley it really seems like it is the last backwater and that is definetely a change from how it was portrayed in Episode IV. And if any show could answer the why it is this one I think.

Overall another great episode after last week and I hope the show continues in this vain.

18. Aah Fisto

Aah Fisto Jedi Knight star 2

May 30, 2020
    Wasn’t sure if I’d dreamt up that quick cameo from Peli Motto, glad to have it confirmed by a few on here!

19. CampOfSorgan

CampOfSorgan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 27, 2020
    I liked it. The scene with the Tuskens was tragic. Can’t wait to see Boba’s budding relationship with his new Rancor. Loved the insight we get on the Rancor from its trainer.
    The swoop gang that Boba now has definitely is different. I kind of like them though.
    Wonder when Boba avenges the Tuskens? Or does he?
    Sounds like The Pykes are gonna unleash the warchest.

Hypatia and The Chalk Jedi like this.
  20. theorenwulf

theorenwulf Jedi Master star 2

Jul 12, 2015
    Yeah that was a fun little moment, really loved that little cameo.

Aah Fisto and CampOfSorgan like this.
  21. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    The Yoofs that Boba now employs are pretty much an analogy for every group of entitled youngsters. Perhaps if they didn't spend so much on looking the part they could search around for a good price on the water they actually need.

MrDarth0 and Sarge like this.
  22. AndrewPascoe

AndrewPascoe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 26, 2014
    I’m now dreading the finale of which it’s almost a given that Rodriguez will direct it.

My least favourite of the three so far.

I liked parts of the Krrsantan fight up until the gang joined in loved the Rancor stuff and boba realizing he needs to respond. I’m intrigued by the Pykes. I wish Boba had remained the focus of the fight with Krrsantan and potentially gained the upper hand without the need of the gang and Shand. So far he’s struggled with all the fights during the “present” timeline.

I was not a fan of the chase. It felt comically slow. Other directors have managed interesting chase scenes in tight streets but this felt drawn out. Part of that also has to do with the biker gang. I feel like the costume design is a bit too bright for Tatooine, more fitting for Canto Bight or Coruscant. They could’ve still had the Vespa designed swoops but scuff them up a bit and make the colours a bit more muted. The gang themselves are fine. I’m sure we’ll get to know them over the coming episodes.

My two biggest disappointments come from the Tuskens being dealt with off screen and the Twins being supposedly wrapped up and moving on. I really wanted the Tusken side of the story to converge with the present day and have a larger role to play other than “here’s how he got his gaffe stick”. There was a really interesting opportunity for them to play into the larger narrative and continue to illustrate what is driving Fett to be a crime boss and how he takes over. Oh well.

Likewise the Twins presented a cool opportunity for us as the audience to learn more about what the Hutts are up to, how they deal with threats etc. instead they’re now bowing out with the focus to now be on the Pykes. I like the Pykes but was super keen for Fett to square off against the Hutts. Not to be.

Lastly…why did Krrsantan have to run away like that? It’s a small nitpick but he looks so awkward running off in a random direction. It didn’t fit the character who just held his own against Fett, Shand, their Gamorrreans and a biker gang. I hope we see more of him too.

We still have Fett’s meet up with Shand and returning to Jabba’s palace post Mando to deal with during flashbacks. I really want the flashbacks to mean more than just a checklist of things to tick off.

Overall I enjoyed the episode but I’m a little disappointed having waited a week after an absolutely stellar episode expecting big things to get left with a really mixed bag of set up to then have to wait another week for potential pay off.

Hypatia, canuckmuse, MrDarth0 and 6 others like this.
  23. Seeker Of The Whills

Seeker Of The Whills Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2015
    Weakest episode so far. I thought it didn't move things along enough. The gang was a little weird, though I liked the design of their bikes. I liked the chase scene, felt very much like Star Wars with the little humorous bits.

Hypatia likes this.
  24. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Unfortunately this how I feel as well. He’s just not a good director.

canuckmuse, MrDarth0, Sarge and 2 others like this.
  25. Houle

Houle Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 3, 2016
    This episode was...pretty horrible lol. What the hell.
    Boba getting his ass kicked AGAIN. The awkward way Krrsantan runs off. And lastly, the fckn cyberpunk street gang. Everything about them is horrendous. Their design, the way they interact with other characters, the fact that they randomly get loyal enough to attack a scary gigantic wookie, whos just beating their new boss's ass.
    Also, heard it here first folks: the Pykes wont be the big bad. Theyll be another cop-out, just like the Mayor from the trailers and the Twins from last episode. So far, the leaked plot was 100% accurate.
    Which means...
    Qi'ra, Cad Bane and Crimson Dawn will be the big villains. Theyll be the ones who promised Tatooine to the Pykes. And that street girl wannabe-cyberpunk will be trained by Boba *shudder*

canuckmuse, wobbits, MrDarth0 and 6 others like this.