main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mini Series The Book of Boba Fett 1.03 - Chapter 3 - Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Jan 11, 2022.

?

Grade the Episode

Poll closed Jan 19, 2022.
  1. 10

3.0%
  2. 9

6.1%
  3. 8

20.7%
  4. 7

26.2%
  5. 6

18.3%
  6. 5

7.9%
  7. 4

4.9%
  8. 3

4.9%
  9. 2

4.9%
  10. 1

3.0%
  1. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    That seemed to maybe be the implication in today’s episode? Though it remains oddly unclear. Boba mentioned being “double-crossed,” possibly by Bib, which wasn’t explained…

Last edited: Jan 19, 2022
  2. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    That's when he was running around in Boba's armor as Biba Fettuna

The Chalk Jedi and Bor Mullet like this.
  3. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Yeah when Boba was casing Jabba’s palace to get his ship back I thought that he as going to be the scene where he learned that Bob was involved with the Tusken’s massacre.

Though Bib didn’t know that Boba was hanging with the Tusken’s so even if Bib was involved in the massacre it’s not really a double cross, right?Wouldn’t it only be a double cross if Bib knew Boba was part of the Tusken tribe and still had them killed?

4. Siphonophore

Siphonophore Chosen One star 4

Nov 13, 2003
    When Drash tells Boba "There is no work, my tea daimyo", and then Boba tells them "Then you will work for me", do you think he's quickly calculating in his head the price of water, the price of tea, the potential popularity of Boba Tea stands, and how many workers he'll need in order to minimize wait times and maximize output, yet still have lines long enough to pique outsider intrigue?

Last edited: Jan 19, 2022
    GunganSlayer and Bor Mullet like this.
  5. Intergalactic Lawman

Intergalactic Lawman Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 26, 2020
    I don't know that a SW series episode will ever be as bad as this one... You would have to REALLY try to deliberately make it bad, and include all the worst aspects of all the movies combined! :oops:

The Mos Espa Vespas are not dead yet...so that means they are going to turn up again...and that means that the episode they do turn up in, will automatically stink! :mad:

The Regular Mustache likes this.
  6. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    I’m kind of loving the immediate cult status achieved by the Slow Vespa Chase though. It’s already legendary. Had it been fast and…normal, as most action scenes, it would’ve been quickly forgotten. Nobody will forget this hilariously-paced sequence.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2022
  7. RetropME

RetropME Jedi Master star 4

Dec 11, 2017
    Now you understand Robert Rodriguez. ;)

8. eko32eko7

eko32eko7 Jedi Master star 3

Jan 10, 2018
    Which scene was this?

9. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    [​IMG]

10. Siphonophore

Nov 13, 2003
    I really do think there's great potential for an even slower pace chase. I previously joked about Boba on Rancor vs Pykes on Rontos, but I can picture something far more frustrating than the Slow Vespa Chase, which makes it side-splitting funny. The Vespa chase merely made me grin.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  11. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Sure. But something about the seeming unintentionality of the chase's slowness may lend it more cult legitimacy (whereas a deliberately slow chase would be amusing and funnier on the surface, but perhaps less enduring as a cult moment).

Siphonophore likes this.
  12. Siphonophore

Nov 13, 2003
    Robert Rodriguez..... unintentional genius.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  13. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012
    I did find the chase considerably less bothersome on rewatch.

I also have to say that, when I first watched it, I thought the complete overuse of the throw-over-a-fruit-stand trope during that chase was hilarious, and I was wondering whether that was intentional. At least I hoped it was intentional.

But if the chase scene was meant to be at least somewhat funny, the totally generic chase music didn't fit, IMO.

14. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    I think all the fruit stand stuff was intentionally funny. They could've taken it even further and had fruit inside every single thing they hit. Fruit everywhere.

Siphonophore likes this.
  15. Count Yubnub

Oct 1, 2012
    Well that's how it ended, IIRC.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  16. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    True, but even the water tanks should've been full of fruit.

17. Count Yubnub

Oct 1, 2012
    That would've been better, yes! It also could've used more exploding fruit. Missed opportunity there, RR!

18. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    The Book of Splodin' Fruit

Count Yubnub likes this.
  19. eko32eko7

eko32eko7 Jedi Master star 3

Jan 10, 2018
    I thought it was a little too Back to the Future.

The Regular Mustache likes this.
  20. DannyD

DannyD Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2017
    Chronologically, this episode shows the second time Boba has dealt with mods - the first time being the cool introduction in Chapter 4 to save Fennec's life.

No wonder he shows a willingness to treat them favourably I'm this Chapter.

21. 3sm1r

3sm1r Force Ghost star 6

Dec 27, 2017
    They are just other clients of the same cyber-expert, he has no reason to be grateful to them.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  22. DannyD

DannyD Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2017
    He wasn't grateful. He was willing to be favourable. Made more so by their subject to extortion.