main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mini Series The Book of Boba Fett 1.04 - Chapter 4 - Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Jan 18, 2022.

?

Grade the Episode

Poll closed Jan 26, 2022.
  1. 10

5.8%
  2. 9

27.3%
  3. 8

29.2%
  4. 7

20.1%
  5. 6

7.1%
  6. 5

7.8%
  7. 4

0.6%
  8. 3

1.9%
  9. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Reepicheep775

Reepicheep775 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 27, 2019
    Jaxxon the rabbit being the new head of the Pykes was a nice twist. I always thought that character should get more attention.

2. starfish

starfish Chosen One star 5

Oct 9, 2003
    my prediction is that the Rancor is going to eat Boba Fett

Bor Mullet likes this.
  3. The Chalk Jedi

The Chalk Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 2019
    Kwazy wabbit!

Bor Mullet and Reepicheep775 like this.
  4. Intergalactic Lawman

Intergalactic Lawman Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 26, 2020
    Kind of like Maul being brought back just to be killed by Kenobi...again. Han going to whack him into the Rancor's mouth...?

Last edited: Jan 18, 2022
  5. Sproj

Sproj Jedi Master star 4

Mar 18, 2019
    There's a twist, Maul is INSIDE the Rancor and will come back with no arms or legs when the Rancor vomits up the carcass fed to it last episode.

6. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    Boba will escape the innards of a creature, again, in a moment playing homage to the rhino scene from Ace Ventura: Pet Detective.

7. The PiedPiper of Alderaan

The PiedPiper of Alderaan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 16, 2015
    I really liked that boba fett finally got his wings after his 100th good deed and entered heaven. Very moving. Also, i thought the addition of baby tarkin was a nice touch and perfect symmetry to the mando series -the infant imperial fascist is so adorable and commanding!- loved it!

Last edited: Jan 18, 2022
  8. Siphonophore

Siphonophore Chosen One star 4

Nov 13, 2003
    In some ways, Rontos are a lot like the Spanish Inquisition.

LedReader, Sarge and Bor Mullet like this.
  9. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Boba’s decision to free Baby Tarkin was not smart.

ETA: Spoiler in the episode description.

Boba Fett partners with Fennec Shand!

Last edited: Jan 19, 2022
  10. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Master Jedi Fixxxer Force Ghost star 5

Oct 20, 2018
    Yeah, not so much of a spoiler once the episode begins.

As it turns out, Boba Fett spent 5 years with the Tuskens. And finally, the flashbacks connect to the present, or I should say with the events in the 1st season of The Mandalorian. Crazy to think that he spent 5 years in the desert of Tatooine, without any desire or motive to leave the planet or seek for more earlier.

Also, 49 minute episode, me likey. The Gathering Storm.

Oh boy. More cyber punk youngsters with awesome designs. I guess we will have 60 pages with grumpiness here too.

11. Jannick98

Jannick98 Jedi Padawan

Mar 27, 2021
    The current plot is so under represented yet again, it is +-30 min flashbacks and +-12 min current time line. Except for Chapter 2, I find the flashbacks particularly slow as well..

I must say, I loved the kitchen scene in Jabba's Palace haha
    II felt bad for the Gonk Droid and the Trandoshian

Would say this is between the first and third Chapter in my enjoyment

Hypatia, whostheBossk and TadoFett like this.
  12. Kyle Katarn

Kyle Katarn Force Ghost star 6

Jul 10, 1998
    My prediction was more of a mobster style story and I got a lot of those vibes from this episode, especially with that dinner scene.

I know people don't like the two dual storyline format, but it is the only way any of this makes sense. Otherwise they would be complaining about not knowing what he did for the last 5-6 years.

And I do believe that musical cue at the end was very deliberate and a harbinger of who we'll see next now that the storylines have caught up with each other.

13. Shadao

Shadao Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 31, 2017
    It appears we get the official reason from Boba Fett as to why he wants to be the crime lord. He's tired of working for idiots that nearly got him killed for doing the job. Yeah, that near-death experience with the Sarlacc made him think about his entire career. Speaking of Sarlacc, despite Boba cutting its guts to dig his way out, the beast was still alive all this time (and this time showing off its beak tongue). Key word is "was" as Boba and Fennec gave that beast a bomb to munch on, which evidentially killed it for real since Boba now can just waltz right back into the Sarlacc without fear of being eaten again. And apparently it explains why he's horribly scarred and needs a bacta tank for treatment in present day. Also, the Nikto Gang was under the employment of Bib Fortuna, which apparently why Boba went merciless on him.

Speaking of merciless, I do love how Boba can be nasty when he wants to be. He just flat out destroyed the entire Nitko gang with good old Slave 1/Firespray. And I do love how in present day, he just reminds all the crime families of not crossing by having the dining table over the Rancor Pit. That will get their attention and he doesn't even say a word. Also, it's now clear as to why Boba Fett let BK go in the previous episode. BK is just an unpredictable nasty wookie and it's clear that following orders to repay his debt is not his thing. Better to let BK go unconditionally, then hire him when he's looking for work.

Also, based on the final leitmotif, Boba is gonna hire the Mandalorians to fight the Pykes. Well, guess the crossover is coming faster than we think.

14. choccy

choccy Jedi Grand Master star 2

Apr 18, 2004
    Good episode, tying things up nicely now to what is to come.

Bor Mullet and TadoFett like this.
  15. The Chalk Jedi

Nov 8, 2019
    This is a solid episode, but not amazing enough to make up for the last episode, I think, in many people's eyes.

At least the flashbacks are likely done with so we can finally focus on the present plot. Still, it's telling that we end in almost exactly the same place as last episode: "war is here."

I can't help but wonder why the show couldn't have started with something similar to this episode, getting us ready for a turf war.

However, the end of the episode is exciting as it suggests a friend will be showing up soon.

8/10

16. Shadao

Shadao Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 31, 2017
    I believe the flashbacks are over since the droid stated that Boba is completely healed from the bacta tank, a symbolic statement of Boba finally getting over his past demons.

Hypatia, CampOfSorgan, Rey62 and 14 others like this.
  17. VexedAtVohai

VexedAtVohai Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 4, 2020
    Really enjoyed the past storyline, but the present day story really seems to have progressed very little. Black Krrsantan feels very much like the character from the comics, and I was a big fan of his scenes this episode. Looking forward to three episodes outside the bacta tank.

18. BadAcrobat

BadAcrobat Jedi Master star 4

Apr 20, 2015
    Incredible episode. I loved every minute of it.

19. Riv_Shiel

Riv_Shiel Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2014
    Sounds like we are done with the flashbacks - certainly done with them dominating episodes. This one was the best so far to me.

Random thoughts:
    Bright red lights probably are not a good design option for your stealth spy droid.
    Much better execution of the mods this episode.
    Some nice development for Fennec. Ming-na Wen got to show a lot of emotion and really sell the character. I thought they convincingly explained why she would tag along with Boba.
    Great directing work in this one - everything looked really good and really put forth the tension of the scenes.
    The "past" storyline continues to be better executed than the "present", even though I have less interest in it overall.
    Very confused about how the criminal enterprise is structured in Mos Espa. I had assumed that the race gangs were vassals that paid tribute to Boba, but that appears to not be the case. Boba has separate territory. I don't know what makes him the Daimyo, or even what that really means in the context of this story. And now I am even more confused who is part of his operation and what they do.
    You would think if Boba is so certain that the race gangs will back him because they now the Pykes will come for them next, that he could at least get them to provide some manner of support. Even if it has to be in a way that can't be traced back to them, if they are afraid of retribution.
    Wonder what kind of muscle Fennec has in mind to hire.

ETA:
    Still love that seismic charge sound effect.

20. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    This one was really good!
    What’s more terrifying a horse’s head in your bed or eating dinner over a Rancor pit? [face_laugh]

Hypatia, wobbits, Krueger and 15 others like this.
  21. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Now we're talking. This was an excellent episode.

- Loved seeing Fennec rescued. Nice touch that they even reused a shot from The Gunslinger.
    -Boba's relationship with the Bantha is lovely.
    -The kitchen droids are my new heroes. The whole Slave I 'rescue' was great.
    -The Sarlacc scene was gnarly. Loved it.
    -I liked how the revenge against the Nikto speed biker gang was just a massacre. No fair fighting, just Boba showing how brutal he can still be. So much for him "losing his mojo".
    -That was probably the final flashback. He's completely healed now. Too bad if that means we won't see more of Kamino; though I still expect a Jango appearance at some point.
    -Krrsantan going to town on the Trandoshans was fun, and a better executed action scene with him than the one from last episode. Very happy to see Krrsantan join the gang.
    -Max Rebo was mentioned by name. Nice.
    -The dinner scene was shorter than I expected based on the trailers. Good scene though, and Boba is clearly earning more respect now.
    -That final music cue. I guess we'll get to meet up with an old friend next episode. :D
    Well directed episode, and gorgeously shot by Dean Cundey. I'm beyond thrilled that they got him to shoot a couple of episodes of this show.

Hypatia, El_Machete12, B3 and 17 others like this.
  22. The Chalk Jedi

Nov 8, 2019
    Did I miss the moment when an overt connection was made between Bib and the Kinton riders?

Count Yubnub likes this.
  23. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    The Dog Man abides!

24. VexedAtVohai

VexedAtVohai Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 4, 2020
    Oh, and Fennec calls the Vespa gang 'the Mods'.

25. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Nice episode but a bit slow.
    Now that Boba is healed I hope we are done with the flashbacks.
    Pretty obvious who they will hire for getting the Pykes wiped from the planet. As now Krrsantan joined the crew I really hope that the fighter lady from the Tusken joins as well.
    Can't wait to get more action.
    Grievous cook made my day
    Solid 7/10 from my side.

If we get Mando and Bo next episode including some dark saber action I am in heaven