main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mini Series The Book of Boba Fett 1.04 - Chapter 4 - Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Jan 18, 2022.

?

Grade the Episode

Poll closed Jan 26, 2022.
  1. 10

5.8%
  2. 9

27.3%
  3. 8

29.2%
  4. 7

20.1%
  5. 6

7.1%
  6. 5

7.8%
  7. 4

0.6%
  8. 3

1.9%
  9. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. DarthKegs

DarthKegs Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 21, 2019
    Well the first 10 minutes or so had me just about throwing the towel in with this show but thankfully when we got to what he was after the episode improved 100%. Really enjoyed it from there on.

2. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Fair enough. I was more refering to counter forces such as something like a bird being able to fly despite it. And mostly jokingly. :p
    But I guess a reasonable argument to the Sarlacc being able to hold the ship, apart from what you mentioned, might be that it's literally pointing its engines upwards. The lift might be really weak in that direction.

3. DannyD

DannyD Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2017
    Really enjoyed it. Tied lots together. Love the "slow burn" storytelling rather than the "flash bang" approach. Save the pew-pew for the final three episodes. :)

(Amongst our chatter...We now have a visual of how Maul could possibly have survived).

4. The Chalk Jedi

The Chalk Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 2019
    You could have easily structured the show to include flashbacks while also getting the storyline in the present moving more quickly, with a meeting between Boba and the other bosses in Episode one.

wobbits, Bor Mullet and Riv_Shiel like this.
  5. Jannick98

Jannick98 Jedi Padawan

Mar 27, 2021
    Can we all appreciate how amazing the droids have been?

6. Intergalactic Lawman

Intergalactic Lawman Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 26, 2020
    Much better than last week...much better! The only scene that my friends and I all groaned at (in unison) was more BMX bandits... Let it go BOBF - They don't work. This is not The Matrix and it's not Blade Runner! Terrible scene.

Some great stuff in that episode though :cool:

Last edited: Jan 19, 2022
    Hypatia and Blame_It_On_Lucas like this.
  7. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Master Jedi Fixxxer Force Ghost star 5

Oct 20, 2018
    That too. I should have remembered the geometry better, but it's also 5 am here.
    Slave I (and LOL not "my Firespray gunship" - what a ridiculous line) was positioned in such a way that it probably took all of the reverse motion engine power to not get sucked into the Sarlacc.

Hypatia and Sarge like this.
  8. VexedAtVohai

VexedAtVohai Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 4, 2020
    Seeing an LEP droid in live-action was fun. TCW feels more and more of a seamless fit with the films to me because of little things like that.

---

Also, glad to get another entry in the "The [Verb]ing Storm" series. Interesting move to do a live-action TV episode rather than another book.

---

Also also, Boba should have just referred to Slave I as 'my ship'. Easy solution that doesn't call attention to the change.

9. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    I don't know, I think this episode tied it together in such a way that the structure now feels very deliberate. This might be a show that works better while binge watching, however.

10. Intergalactic Lawman

Nov 26, 2020
    Talk me through it...? I don't watch the cartoons but know how he died (again) What's your theory? I would love to see him in live action again. [face_peace]

11. The Chalk Jedi

Nov 8, 2019
    I would hope the structure is deliberate, but is it necessary or even the most effective structure?

It seems to me the storyline in the present could have been much more interesting from Episode One. Why should we have to wait four episodes to get that storyline rolling?

@DarthFixxxer Fennec knows the name of Slave One and what kind of ship it is? Fett has to tell her it's a Firespray gunship.

If not, you end up with even worse dialogue:

What kind of ship is it?

A Slave One.

A what?

Oh, a Firespray. I just used to call it a Slave One.

No thanks!

12. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    The ones in Splinter were Yuzzems. Yuzzum is the one singing in Jabba's palace in ROTJ: Special Edition.
    Well, technically, gravity is a relatively weak force. :-B[/QUOTE]

I did not know this about yuzzem/yuzzum.

I'll assume you are kidding about gravity since getting off planets is quite difficult.

Master Jedi Fixxxer likes this.
  13. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Oct 20, 2018
    He could, and probably would, have simply said "my ship". Fett does NOT have to tell her what kind of ship it is. This was clearly done on purpose to make a point of not calling it the Slave 1. Let's not pretend that Disney and Favreau don't know what the buzz has been with Boba's ship name.

Hypatia and The Shadow Emperor like this.
  14. TCF-1138

Sep 20, 2002
    Well, if we want to get technical, gravity is the weakest of the four fundamental forces - hence, a "relatively weak force". But yes, I was joking.

Hypatia, LedReader, Sarge and 2 others like this.
  15. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Oct 20, 2018
    In long distances, it's the strongest one.
    But also more importantly, gravity is not a force (!)

16. The Chalk Jedi

Nov 8, 2019
    You don't think Fennec should know which ship is his? Weird strategy!

Here's your dialogue:

Fennec: Which ship is yours?

Boba: My ship is my ship. I am not allowed to tell you the make because of angry fanboys.

17. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    I absolutely loved this episode I cheered at so many parts like I was in a theater so many exciting moments and callbacks! Loved the sismic charge loved the Sarlac scene loved Boba and the Bantha and I loved the cyborg street gang as well. Star Wars isn't just Fantasy it's sci-fi as well so a little Blade Runner is fine by me!

I find it weird the majority of fans don't like this show me and my family love it. I think two things people don't like one is no cute little Grogu and it's darker then The Mandalorian. If Star Wars is to work on streaming TV every show has to be different like The MCU shows!

18. TCF-1138

Sep 20, 2002
    I don't think that's true.

19. smudger9

smudger9 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2007
    I loved that scene. Felt very much like the Star Wars equivalent of a tattoo parlour….. I bet there are loads of these on the lower levels of Coruscant.

It also adds some weight to his decisions to employ the mods in the present timeline.

I think everyone has been hypersensitised to the mods because of the vespers.

20. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    Do you mean it's not true most fans don't like it? If so your probably right but a lot of people don't like it may be like 45% of fanboys don't like it give or take I could be wrong though.

21. Intergalactic Lawman

Nov 26, 2020
    This. They are just so out of place it's not even funny.

Hypatia and BOBA-FETT-82 like this.
  22. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Regarding the Twins…
    I think the Hutts are playing the long game here. Just like Crimson Dawn in Solo, the Hutts want to avoid a war with the Pykes. As they say, “War is bad for business.” So instead they’re waiting to see who comes out on top. I think they’d actually prefer it be Boba Fett because they probably see him as easier to deal with. He doesn’t have a galactic crime empire like the Pykes do. Hence, their “apology” and the gift of the Rancor. I don’t think it’s a trap but I also don’t think their apology was sincere. They’ll kill Boba as soon as it becomes advantageous for them to do so.

23. Intergalactic Lawman

Nov 26, 2020
    I really hope so. They feel like they should be the villians of this series!

24. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I don’t think their is a single villain of this series. I think it’s more like Game of Thrones where there’s multiple parties seeking to claim Jabba’s former territory. The Pykes, Crimson Dawn, the Twins, etc.

25. The Chalk Jedi

Nov 8, 2019
    I agree, but it makes me wonder just how much firepower Boba will need to defeat a crime empire like the Pykes?